World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Joejim

Igg Test Results

Joejim

Hello, I just signed up after receiving my test results for herpes and STIs. I haven't tested for herpes before so I'm not sure if this is a recent infection or not. My test results were the following:

HSV - 1 - 61.2

HSV - 2 - <0.91

These were both Igg Type Specfic. I don't have insurance so I went through an online service, stdcheck.com, and they sent me through LabCrop. Reason I wanted to know my status was that I had an encounter 3 months ago. I had protected blowjob. No kissing or touching of any kind. Does the high index value mean it was just recent? I'm 28 and I don't remember having a cold sores outbreak. I been getting canker sores under my tongue or I think they were canker sores. It was a stupid mistake and now I'm worrying about transmitting to my wife and kids. Please help me understand this. Is my life over from making a 5 minutes mistake? I been having unprotected sex with my wife. Can I transmit HSV-1 without showing any symptoms or lesions? 

WilsoInAus

This is a very common outcome and shows like 70% of the population you have an oral HSV-1 infection and that you have had this since childhood. Around half of people with HSV-1 have no living memory of an outbreak as they ceased whilst they were very young. No reason to believe you aren't one these people.

This gives the added comfort for a male of either zero chance or negligible chance of ever being infected genitally with HSV-1 given the established infection orally gives your body immunity.

You may have some decisions to make regarding your wife etc. however herpes in no way should feature as a consideration. You had this long before you met your wife most probably and she stands a high chance of having it as well, also since childhood.

Edited by WilsoInAus

mills54

I have known I've had ghsv for 37 years (no one but my husband knew) but never knew which type, until now. I had blood work done and my test results came back hsv1 - 9.20 and hsv2 - 23.10....I never had a cold sore orally until about 7 years ago. never had them as a kid at all. Couldn't figure out where hsv1 came from until my daughter told me her husband and his whole family get them and their oldest daughter now has them. Could I have gotten the hsv1 from them? And what about those number results? The test for both said "high" which scares the life out of me. I have been experiencing a lot of itching everywhere, driving me to distraction, honestly and making me feel that any part of my body is about to have an ob, though nothing usually shows up. If my face itches it may end up that a small red dot appears but nothing more, unless it's on my lip or around my mouth. All of the itching etc started when my husband got very ill and passed away 19 months ago. Am I a walking disease able to pass this on to everyone? I have no fear of passing anything on sexually as I am a Christian and do not engage in sex nor will I ever remarry knowing what I have.

Right now, I'm so depressed I just want to find a place to hide forever.

LillianPanos

Sorry your feeling this way.  I tooo think i have both types.  Your #s are high so u probably have had them for a while so many people have hsv 1.  You maybe llucky and just never have cold sores.  The pain all over is probably stress.  Tho both types are known to cause nerve pain. 

6 hours ago, mills54 said:

I have known I've had ghsv for 37 years (no one but my husband knew) but never knew which type, until now. I had blood work done and my test results came back hsv1 - 9.20 and hsv2 - 23.10....I never had a cold sore orally until about 7 years ago. never had them as a kid at all. Couldn't figure out where hsv1 came from until my daughter told me her husband and his whole family get them and their oldest daughter now has them. Could I have gotten the hsv1 from them? And what about those number results? The test for both said "high" which scares the life out of me. I have been experiencing a lot of itching everywhere, driving me to distraction, honestly and making me feel that any part of my body is about to have an ob, though nothing usually shows up. If my face itches it may end up that a small red dot appears but nothing more, unless it's on my lip or around my mouth. All of the itching etc started when my husband got very ill and passed away 19 months ago. Am I a walking disease able to pass this on to everyone? I have no fear of passing anything on sexually as I am a Christian and do not engage in sex nor will I ever remarry knowing what I have.

Right now, I'm so depressed I just want to find a place to hide forever.