World's Largest Herpes Support Group
TinkerbellAustralia

Just sex

TinkerbellAustralia

Does anyone just wish they could just have sex, without all the drama and  'the talk'?

I miss those days. I hate being single with this disease. Makes dating and sex far more complicated than it needs to be.

Any hsv2 ladies been given oral since their diagnosis? Without a dental dam?

WilsoInAus

My partner has genital HSV-2 and all sex is highly unprotected! Most men have oral HSV-1 so the risk we get oral HSV-2 is negligible if at all.

Delphinium

I have gHSV2 and the bf dines in regularly. No dental dam. My diagnosis doesn't stop/bother him. He is also H+ though.

TinkerbellAustralia

@Delphinium If you are both positive it doesn't matter if he 'dines at the y'. He already has it.

I'm tired of the rejection. Just wish someone would accept me...all of me...hsv2 included. It really hurts to be rejected for something so insignificant.

DrearyDaysAhead

I've had a few hsv negative men "eat at y" with no protection

It  felt good to know they didn't care about the risk. But I just had my first rejection and it made me feel like crap. So all I can say is, some men will accept you and some won't. 

Same like the world in general.  Some will accept you and some won't.  

TinkerbellAustralia

Thanks @DrearyDaysAhead it's nice to know that I might one day get oral again!

I'm really hurting from this rejection, but I guess I could be rejected for numerous reasons. I just really liked him and he liked me. Yes it feels like crap.

Lisajd
On Saturday, November 19, 2016 at 2:49 PM, TinkerbellAustralia said:

Does anyone just wish they could just have sex, without all the drama and  'the talk'?

I miss those days. I hate being single with this disease. Makes dating and sex far more complicated than it needs to be.

Any hsv2 ladies been given oral since their diagnosis? Without a dental dam?

You still can. It doesnt have to be a talk. I met a guy who wasnt wanting to comitt. after a couple of dates to just said if we are going to have aex tiu need to know i have herpes. He said ok no big deal. It doesnt have to be a talk.  Guys in oz seem quite educated i have found. Bite the bullet and go with it

Lisajd
On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 11:38 PM, brookeb300 said:

Lol how do you know it's ok ?  do you worry about it?

It is rare to get oral hsv2 so its not a worry.  

Gotahandle
10 minutes ago, Lisajd said:

It is rare to get oral hsv2 so its not a worry.  

As a guy with ghsv2, I shouldn't worry about giving it to a partner orally? 

TinkerbellAustralia

I wish it was that easy @lisajd!

The guy I told has a lowered immune system ,so wasn't willing to risk it. I feel really lousy and have no idea what to do, but move on. Not sure we can be friends with the sexual tension. This sucks!

Lisajd

Yes i understand.  I was knocked back by two pple i cared about but since then ive had no.issues

Lisajd

I think i have hardened up.  It hurt but we are still friends.  I guess i see that i cant change it and its not about me its the virus and that its ok if they dont want to risk it.  I guess it confirms the intentions of a person if they say no....at my age 49 i think anyway.  

TinkerbellAustralia

I'd like to be friends with him, but not at the moment. It's ok if he doesn't want to risk it. It is his body afterall. I just think it could have turned into something great. Onwards and upwards..lol