World's Largest Herpes Support Group
murmahn

BIG STEP! (need expierienced advice please)

murmahn

OK . So my first disclosure went perfectly . A girl I really like. She made it seem like I was making it more of a big deal than she was . But feeling guilty I tries to break it off . Do t want her to risk it . But she says it's her choice , and to let her decide what she wants . And she wants to .. So I need help with preventing spreading it . People that have partners they never gave it to . Are you using condoms and repressive therapy and no other barriers or maybe keeping on your boxers ( for guys ) .and liquid band aid maybe.? Please help me out here

WilsoInAus

Where do you get your outbreaks?

For men, condom use can be highly effective as some shed largely from the penis alone. Antivirals cut down shedding, pure and simple.

Both condoms and antivirals are potent at cutting transmission chances. Given the higher chance of male to female transmission (than the other way around) this dual approach is recommended.

ChinUP2

Hi there! Congratulations on your first disclosure :D

I have GHSV1 and I've had a couple of partners since my diagnosis - both were tested after and neither came back positive or had any symptoms. I am still in contact with one of them, and it's been almost a year, still no symptoms or positive test results. I was taking Valacyclovir 500mg daily and I did not use condoms due to allergic reactions and discomfort I get with them. 

Have fun and try not to sweat it too much - it IS her decision and you are doing everything you can to protect her.

Constant Diplomat

As Wilso said, take your medicine, and use a condom. I'm currently seeing a woman who doesn't have herpes and this is what I do.

ChinUP2

If you can both tolerate and use condoms, definitely do both - better safe as possible.

Lisajd

What type do U have and has she ever had any cold cores or been tested for h.  Also know your own body I have recently just had one small spot which came about and I'm on medication but prior to that I got an itch and that was in my initial outbreak area so that means I avoid sex at the moment.  

murmahn
7 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

Where do you get your outbreaks?

For men, condom use can be highly effective as some shed largely from the penis alone. Antivirals cut down shedding, pure and simple.

Both condoms and antivirals are potent at cutting transmission chances. Given the higher chance of male to female transmission (than the other way around) this dual approach is recommended.

I get my outbreaks in my pubic hair  area . And I get the sharp pains in my thighs sometimes .

murmahn
7 hours ago, ChinUP2 said:

Hi there! Congratulations on your first disclosure :D

I have GHSV1 and I've had a couple of partners since my diagnosis - both were tested after and neither came back positive or had any symptoms. I am still in contact with one of them, and it's been almost a year, still no symptoms or positive test results. I was taking Valacyclovir 500mg daily and I did not use condoms due to allergic reactions and discomfort I get with them. 

Have fun and try not to sweat it too much - it IS her decision and you are doing everything you can to protect her.

Thanks . Lol . But wow that's great . I'm gonna check that out . See how it helps . I figured condomless was totally out of question . Thanks so much .

murmahn
6 hours ago, Lisajd said:

What type do U have and has she ever had any cold cores or been tested for h.  Also know your own body I have recently just had one small spot which came about and I'm on medication but prior to that I got an itch and that was in my initial outbreak area so that means I avoid sex at the moment.  

I have HSV2 . But she's a bio major . She understood more about it then me . I'm just looming for help with the sexual experience side . She doesn't have it . I think I'm gonna look into meds