World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Just existing

Aciclovir not working

Just existing

I recently post that I have HSV1 on my genitals. I'm done with my viral medication but the lesions are still there. I'm not sure if it's still herpes. The first single sore now looks like a rash on the side of my vulva. Whenever I'm looking at it my vaginal opening has white discharge. I think that since the lesion is on the "moist" part, it's not healing. And aciclovir didn't heal it. I had it three times a day for 10 days. I'm trying to see it using mirror and now it's hurting. I don't know what to do. Any advice? Thank You so much. 

doh!

Acyclovir usually needs to be taken 5 times a day, not 3, in the case of outbreaks.
" It has poor bioavailability of about 20% and a short half life, which necessitates frequent dosing. "
Have you tried valacyclovir? Or another doctor?

Edited by adiebear
more info

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Learningtolivewithhsv
      By Learningtolivewithhsv
      So I am new to the herpes world. I was diagnosed with ghsv-1 on May 17th. I was dating two guys at once (one I was sexually active with and someone else). The last person I had sex with, I am pretty sure he’s the one that gave it to me. I did disclose to all of my sex partners using text free because I was too embarrassed to reveal myself. But anyway, today I disclosed to the other guy I was seeing when I found out that I was gHSV-1 positive. We have been seeing one another one to two time a week and have planned basically our whole summer out. Even though he wanted to take it slow we are most definitely sexually attracted to one another and planned on having sex somewhere along the lines. This morning I decided to disclose via text that I have ghsv-1. I gave him some fact/transmission rates and have left everything in his hands. He’s currently at work and asked if it’ll be okay for him to call me when he gets off. Let’s see how this turns out. I am prepared for the worst, but hoping for the best. I will keep you guys posted.
    • Brule
      By Brule
      I have had oral herpes for years and have never had an outbreak and all of a sudden I started getting tiny bumps on my lip and now I big red spot on my upper lip. I'm extremely embarrassed and I can't even talk to people without looking to the ground. I'm so down. I was just hoping to chat with somone. 
    • Panicking
      By Panicking
      Soooo I messed up. I applied some coconut to my cold sore and didn’t wash my hands. Then I proceeded to get dressed for work. Now I’m wondering, if I touched my vagina while I was getting dressed (like tucking in my shirt or something) could I have transmitted the disease to my genitals? Or would the coconut oil have killed the virus that was on my fingertips?
      I do have anxiety and cannot stop thinking about the possibility of transmitting HSV1 to my genitals. I know I should have washed my hands immediately and I realize that I messed up. Please help.
          Quote   Edit

• Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • StayingUpbeat
      It should be noted that the Gates foundation was part of a venture capital group that gave Genocea $30 million in support of their vaccine development efforts in the period when their lead candidate was an HSV-2 therapeutic vaccine (GEN-003): https://xconomy.com/boston/2012/10/10/genocea-snags-30m-from-gates-foundation-vcs-for-new-vaccines/ They have also provided 30 million dollars to the University of Washington's HSV efforts.  This time specifically on research into whether suppressing HSV results in a reduction in HIV transmission: https://honeycomb.click/topic/77503-donations-to-fred-hutch-center/page/21/?tab=comments#comment-493474  Far from inactive in HSV research they provide significant funding in the context of reducing HIV transmission.  It's a well established fact that genital HSV greatly increases the probably contracting HIV from an infected partner.
    • Cas9
      Human trials starting next year?  Not even close. It will be several years.
    • hunger4more
      Sounds like X-vaxs' biggest concern is prevention and erradication secondary..... 🤦🏻‍♂️
    • IAmDesperate
      Ahh thank you for the link, but sadly I have HSV1
    • Pitchbird
      It may be small scale but at least it shows me that I'm by far not the only one who isn't willing to disclose to casual partners anymore. The damage for oneself is too high to make it worth it imho: - seduction becomes difficult as guy if they know in advance - you're very likely to become a gossip object if it happens within your social circle - you get abandoned before it even starts to get intense - you end up lonely and depressed after being abandoned for such a reason Still, that doesn't answer the question if it's better to disclose properly out of nowhere during the relationship or wait for the symptoms to appear and pretend to be surprised and fake the doctor diagnosis afterwards. At the moment I think the true disclosure would be less likely to be accepted by the partner, but in case it works it would feel better in the end because there's less of a secret kept in the long run... and of course there's lower moral burden when disclosing earlier because you're handing over responsibility of risk exposure to the partner.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.