Just existing

Aciclovir not working

3 posts in this topic

I recently post that I have HSV1 on my genitals. I'm done with my viral medication but the lesions are still there. I'm not sure if it's still herpes. The first single sore now looks like a rash on the side of my vulva. Whenever I'm looking at it my vaginal opening has white discharge. I think that since the lesion is on the "moist" part, it's not healing. And aciclovir didn't heal it. I had it three times a day for 10 days. I'm trying to see it using mirror and now it's hurting. I don't know what to do. Any advice? Thank You so much. 

Have you been back to the doctor??

I just started on acyclovir, too.  

Acyclovir usually needs to be taken 5 times a day, not 3, in the case of outbreaks.
" It has poor bioavailability of about 20% and a short half life, which necessitates frequent dosing. "
Have you tried valacyclovir? Or another doctor?

Edited by adiebear
more info

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Buzz

• Brokenforever
      Yes they are...but this should have a cure like other stds. I hope preventatives do come out, but this needs a cure. No Obs no shedding ever. In this day and age not too much to ask. 
    • UprisingMadness
      I've never had any troubles getting guys to notice me, but it will just be different now. I feel like a vampire or something that can't have humans anymore.
    • fixme1
      But halford and the rvx team havent and are aiming.to help sufferers
    • Brokenforever
      Those infected need it removing. That's where science has let victims of this vile disease down. 
    • snippy43
      the fda’s frowning on live vaccines scares away funding. investment favors those with stronger odds to reach market - subunit vaccines, by design are clinically safe and benefit (GEN-003 - thanks for your time, but i’ll just take the pill).  in a litigious society, safety takes precedence.  it's a vicious cycle for those like dr halford who are denied funding to conduct proper safety trials.  yet without valid safety studies cannot secure financial backing.  he and his colleagues have gone rogue (from u.s. regulation), tactically brilliant (and courageous) if successful, and are creating their own avenues to market. if good treatment options are available, we (govt) should financially support every effort  to trial the product and not arbitrarily delete a candidate as someone with a lofty title has labeled it “dangerous”.  if we weren’t saddled by political hacks who truly don’t work in our best interests, theravax would have been a completed study and we wouldn’t be having these irritating arguments by true morons who continue to belittle the efforts of dedicated people who might possibly, given the opportunity, end the suffering.
    • Rational Vaxxer
      @Agustin Fernandez III  round and round we go. 
    • Rational Vaxxer
      This as well https://www.firstwordpharma.com/node/1425206?tsid=1
    • Rational Vaxxer
      THIS ^^^^
    • Hansje
      And great for us. If all non infected people get the vaccine, fear of getting HSV won't be a reason for rejection anymore. And we the infected could feel much better, not having to be afraid anymore to contaminate our loved ones
    • LillianPanos
      Hi use to have cold sores haven't had one in yrs have genital now they were very painful!!. Sorry not from Chicago
  • Featured