World's Largest Herpes Support Group
AlwaysSmilingNoMatterWhat

Worst 3 weeks of my life

Hi everyone, 

On Friday I got the dreaded call from the Sexual Health Clinic. "It has come back positive for Herpes" 

Hansje

Sorry to hear. We would like to keep the Herpes Club as small and exclusive as possible. I hate being a member.

Do you know what type? Did you get tested because of symptoms?

Hi Hansje,

Yes not my first choice of a community I want to be in! Not sure on the type. I had symptoms but saw many GP's and nobody knew what t was. Sharp stabbing pains tipped me over the edge. Had Aciclovir on a whim ot could be Herpes and got a swab done. Came back positive. 3-4 weeks of unbearable pain and I now know. I now feel strangley positive. I feel it is making me think of myself more and I feel happier. 

Hansje

Stabbing pains, that sounds really bad. You still take aciclovir or valacyclovir? I hope the pain will not last. Have you read about the Halford therapeutic vaccine that is being developped? Another member here was in the fase I trial and his pains are gone! Hopefully you can be in the next trial.

Glad to hear that despite this diagnoses you feel positive and happy. I guess there will be ups and downs like in most of us, but I wish you much more "ups"

Oh it was dreadful. I was in agony. No I haven't read about that. I have just had 1 course of Aciclovir. It seems it was enough to get rid. I am going to take Lysine supplements as I have read that can contribute positivley. Doing the best I can to keep it at bay. I have no pain now apart from lower back on one side but even that is very slight. I'm not dying and people go through a lot worse. Thankful I am fit and healthy. Thank you 

Edited by AlwaysSmilingNoMatterWhat

Hansje

OK so it is better now then before! I hope it stays that way.

I had a really bad first year, I'm on valtrex once a day to suppress outbreaks. When I have one (but that has been almost a year now that I know of) I have to take two valtrex for ten days. 

I take lysine, just started Bovine colostrum, and for another condition I have (re)started injecting vitamin B12 10.000 mcg a week. Don't know if they help, although I have a hunch the B12 helps. Tried chinese medicine but it tasted like puke and it didn't help. 

We all have to find our own strategy. 

Here you can read very hopefull news: https://liveherpesvaccine.com/

Yes, right now I feel nothing. Apart from Thrush as I have had 2 courses of Flucloxacillin! Ahh ok I think I am going to take Lysine, steer clear of the foods that they say don't help and see how I go. I have been in a huge mess of stress caused by work so I have had a word with myself and I now feel no stress and can manage it better. I feel so calm and positive that the Herpes outbreak has actually made me a better person. I know that sounds odd! I hope you don't get another one! Fingers crossed for you. Sounds like you are doing the right things anyway. We can only try our best can't we.