World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Monica80

Herpes

LiveLife100

Hi @Monica80. Can you provide a little additional information? Are you asking what the symptoms might be? Is this for oral or genital? 

Monica80

Genital And I'm Asking What The Symptoms Might Be...And How Would You Contract It

WilsoInAus

An outbreak of sores is what you are looking for. They will be quite sore and probably have small blister like fluid filled bubbles.

Unprotected penetrative sex or oral sex are the most likely culprits.

Monica80

Okay I Don't Have Those Mine Are Different Than That I Had Two Bumps Which Popped And Scabbed But Didn't Hurt Which Were Singular

Monica80

Outer Labia And Somewhat All He Did Was Touch Me Down There Nothing More...When They Popped They Had White Stuff Which I Assume Is Pus, No Burning And No Clear Fluid And Itched Only A Little.

WilsoInAus

If touching you was the only activity then you were not infected with herpes by such an encounter. 

White pus is caused by white blood cells pushed to an area to kill bacteria. This is very common for folliculitis; it is not a sign of herpes.

I think you can confidently approach your doctor for a diagnosis that will not involve a consideration of herpes. 

Blahdittilyblah

There are other symptoms that occur other then just blisters. For me I was extremely tired for about a week and my lymphnodes in my groin were swollen and painful. Eventually the blisters came popped and scabbed those never hurt at all google the symptoms and you'll get your answer you seek. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Missingmynormal
      By Missingmynormal
      All I have been doing is research over the past three weeks and I still don’t even know where to begin this post because it’s still so shocking. This post might be long but I hope someone will read it and help me.  I feel like the doctors don’t really truly know about this topic in depth and I have no one to learn from and I’m so so scared.
      My first outbreak was 10 months ago. I had just had sex with a new person and started my period.  The doctor said it was BV and a yeast infection.  I knew that it couldn’t just be that.  My labia was terribly swollen and cut up that it was so painful to go to the bathroom.  Got better but then was cut up again about 2 weeks later and I think after antibiotics really had a yeast infection too.  About 3 weeks ago I felt really itchy one day and the next day I had a cut on my inner labia and started my period that same day.  After closely inspecting it I realized that maybe it could be a blister.  I got the doctor to swab it and they confirmed it was hsv2.  From the time the doc saw it my labia did get a little more raw but def not as bad as what happened 10 months ago.  Of course at that point my stress levels are high and I went back to the doctor a week later to get tested for everything else to make sure I was ok.  So of course high stress again.  Once my initial cut was healed I shaved and ended up with what I think was another outbreak but this time next to my outer labia.  I went back and forth if it was from shaving but I feel like there were two spots and they had itched and were painful. Those spots are not fully healed but no longer hurt.  This morning and for most of the day I felt a sunburn type feeling on my right butt.  When I’m looking at it now I swear that I can see these small bump patches that might look like little blisters ... I don’t think they look like regular little butt bumps. They are so small and it’s hard to see but it does feel tender.  So this makes it seem like the 3rd little outbreak within 3 weeks.   I have always had very dry sensitive skin and I have been very super aware of every little thing since this diagnosis.  I’m supposed to start my period next week and I’m terrified that with it will come a 4th little outbreak.  This is not as painful as that first outbreak but it’s more upsetting cause it feels like it’s lasting longer.

1. Does any of what I’m describing sound normal.  Can you get it in 3 different spots within 3 weeks like this? Why does it keep restarting and it didn’t last time.  Is it ever going to end!? 
      2. How can I figure out what this is going to be like for me if every single circumstance has had different symptoms.
      3. I thought it was mostly supposed to be in the same place so why does this seem like 3 different places? Also, the spot on my butt if it’s hsv2 is this just a place where it can show up or did I spread it there?
      4. If this is a spot on my butt does this mean that I can shed there? I’m so terrified of spreading this to my family.  The spot on my butt is in a place that could be potentially touched by someone as it’s on the top and wouldn’t maybe be covered by s bathing suit. If I’m holding my niece on my hips and her legs happen to rub against that part of my butt and I’m shedding could I pass it to her.  
      5. I went 10 months between these outbreaks and I’m hoping that I won’t have to deal with this often but I’m not understanding why all of the sudden for 3 weeks I’m having something new pop up each week.  I’m so scared that this is going to be my new normal.  I just want to feel like me again and comfortable in my own skin and for the last three weeks all I’ve felt is uncomfortable in my skin.  
      I’d appreciate any help that someone who has been through this can help. I feel hopeless
      I’ve been taking everyday
      a. Probiotic
      b. Vitamin c
      c. Vitamin d
      have periodically used coconut oil, lavender, rosemary, and have taken lysine a handful of times.  
    • beloved803
      By beloved803
      Hello everyone,
      I tested positive for HSV 1 & 2 yesterday. In these short 24 hours my emotion's have been on a roller coaster.  Sometimes I feel like I am normal and I can get over this mentally but then sometimes I break down and cry and feel so nasty about myself and the decisions I've made in life. Anyways I'm not writing on here to throw myself a pitty party but instead to find out what you guys prefer. Do you take medicine if so do you take it daily or just when you have outbreaks? Do you do the natural way and if so what are your recipes? What do you think are the pros and cons to either. I just really don't want to take a pill everyday to remind me of my choices. Any feedback is appreciated.
    • Notsure123
      By Notsure123
      So I have been getting pimples on my penis, 2 are chronic and do not move and react like a black head when squeezed, thin wormy thread of pus. Once in a while I will get a larger one midway up my shaft that can be more like a deep pimple under the skin that can pop. Happens about 3-4x a year. This does not hurt or crust over. The other day when cleaning my penis I noticed a rough patch under my forskin and found this small open wound. It alarmed me so I went to urgent care. After saying what I said above the practitioner said “that’s herpes” before seeing my penis. I later went to the VA urgent care for a second opinion and she said it’s not. I have been married 10 years with a break 3 years ago. Here are two angles of the same dot, do any of you have any thoughts on my experience? Syphilus  test came back negative.

• CurlySwirl
      By CurlySwirl
      Hi everyone. I am still waiting on bloodwork, but the doc immediately told her nurse "this is definitely herpes" during my extremely painful examination. I do not yet know which type, but it is inside of my labia  and inside my buttcrack below my anus. I went in because I thought I had a few veginal tears and an ingrown hair after a bit of rough sex. 
      The man I believe to have contacted it but from has said he hasn't ever had any sores or reason to believe he has HSV, but my symptoms began 7 days after our first (of 4 total) nights of sex. He had since gone to the doctor who is skeptical of him having the virus and is also waiting on bloodwork results. I have only begun to consider the emotional toll this diagnosis will take on my life (and his-of course), however, this is not my primary concern right now. I AM IN SO MUCH PAIN and am utterly terrified. 
      I have begun a 7 day regimen of Valacyclovir. Should I ask for an extension? The doc told me to take Valtrex 1 GM once/day for 10 days, but was given Valacyclovir 1GM every 8 hours for 7 days. 
      Furthermore, this outbreak is INCREDIBLY painful. I have had to slather coconut oil on my genitals to allow the lessons to slide past each other, because the pain was/is so great that I could not move. I have called out of work all week for to pain and can feel the lessons pressing on each other or skin when I walk. 
      I was unable to each or sleep much at all from the Saturday until Wednesday due to the pain in my genitals and hugely swollen tonsils filled with Exodus worse than any picture I could find on Google. Since taking the Z-pak and 5 huge horse pills of Valacyclovir, the swelling of my tonsils has decreased enough to eat 2 a small meal and the Exodus is slowly diminishing. But... Back to my genitals. 
      This morning, I woke up from a 2 hour nap having to urinate urgently. I ran to the toilet and leaned as far forward as I could so the urine would touch and burn as little as possible. I had been very gentle but thourough with wiping previously, but this time... The moment the toilet paper touched the urine between my labia, I felt the worst stab of pain of my life. As I let out a muffled scream and it slowly became tolerable, I looked at the toilet paper and found yello pus. I hadn't even know the blisters formed yet and I popped a cluster... In the heat of the moment, I folded the toilet paper and did the other side of my labia-same feeling. I repeated the process in sections almost down to my perineum before I was afraid I would pass out from the pain. I was careful to get the pus on the toilet paper and not spread it around, then immediately hopped in the shower to rinse my body. So now I have another question- did I screw myself over? 
      I did most of the blisters I immediately felt without pressing to hard. Just now, 12 hours later, I just took an unscented baby wipe to clear the nasty green discharge slowly. I felt the same pain and again as pus came on to the moist wipe. I carefully did the same thing again and this time folded it up and stuck it between my cheeks, where I felt more pain as some pus leaked from my anal lessons. Again, is this a terrible thing to do? 
      Even more, I was snipped by the nail tech a few weeks ago on my cuticle of my left-middle finger, and it became swollen with a dark red spot and filled with pus around Monday- 2 days before I found out I had herpes. This is when I would slather my hands in coconut oil for my vagina (then immediately wash them). I had been picking at it. Turns out, it is termed "herpetic Whitlow". Well, as I showered this morning after my painful toilet paper-pus encounter #1, my skin soaked up all the water and my fingers became pruny. I barely picked at it when the entire blood clot came out. I have now covered it in coconut oil and a bandaid, but it left a dry crater in my finger below my nail.
      I do not understand how I am supposed to keep the lesions dry if that means they burst from skin shearing and keep my hygeine if I cannot touch my vaj with toilet paper. I have a fatty vagina and large buttocks, so every movement produces extreme amounts of pain from the force of my weight. I cannot sit or lay without shifting a billion times and producing pain.
      It has been exactly one week since I have left the house with exception of my doctor's appointments. I have experienced no pain ever in my life as bad as this outbreal, even while my body entered septic shock during a terrible kidney infection I had before Christmas. I could care less about stigma or my romantic future right now because of the immense pain. I should have a delivery of lysine and oregano oil by tomorrow to treat future outbreaks, but this is a pain I don't know if I can ever deal with again. 
      I am also worried that I've only pooped once in this week early on. I am TERRIFIED of having to get a deuce out with these sores and the pain of wiping and cleaning afterward. 

I know this is a lot, but nothing else I've found online describes a case as bad and painful as mine. Please help in any way you can think of. 

Thank you all for reading,
      J

• Spoiled_iam90
      By Spoiled_iam90
      Hey, I’m a 28 year old black female and I just was diagnosed with HSV type 2! The bad part about is that the doctor can’t give me a timetable for when he thinks I could have contracted it!! I am a survivor of sexual assault twice, once when I was six and again at the age of 21!! It hurts even worse now because I don’t even know where to start!! I feel like I’m being punished for something I did in my past life or something!! How am I supposed to date or just tell my next partner what I have and risk them leaving me, talking about me, or even harming me because of what I could expose them to!! I really haven’t had a big breakout or anything yet, so can someone please just tell me what I should expect in the near future!! Will I be ok because right now depression is winning!! They have me on 500mg of Valtrex daily for suppression and it works really well!! 
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • RNY18
      No Western Blot. High positives with both IgG & IgM tests plus symptoms .
    • Quest
      I doubt it is HSV. I agree with them. If anything I would look at other STDs for throat symptoms. Make sure you are clear from everything
    • Laurenhelena
      I went to see clinic and she said they only take a swab if I have blisters. She was very dismissive of everything I said - I heard somewhere that GPS don’t do blood tests anymore for herpes cause it was causing significant mental health problems due to being incurable  I’m ambivalent about blood tests as they don’t seem accurate and whatever answer I get there’s still a part of me that will be unsure and will fuel anxiety   i thought it was difficult to get genital herpes in throat?But the flu like symptoms afterwards was nothing I’ve experienced before and happened the day after. Would this be as serious as genital herpes ?    I just find it hard to sit and wait for any bump on my vagina and it’s all I can think about 
    • Quest
      I think you should search the India thread
    • Quest
      I think you should believe them. Good luck

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.