World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
HippyMomma

First Outbreak

HippyMomma

Okay so I'll give a small.back story. I met my daughters father around a year ago we instantly hit it off about 2 weeks into.talking he told he was HSV2 Positive. I instantly did research and decided that I wouldn't judge him on this (which I kinda regret now ). So needless to say we began having sex the first few times we used condoms and after that we didnt. we were very careful and I always secretly checked him down there before I would do anything without making it obvious. So about 2 weeks ago I started feeling really off just rundown and sick really, then about a week or so ago I found what I thought were 2 ingrown hairs while going to the bathroom but they hurt worse than ever before I just brushed it off to being from shaving then over the next 3 days I got 4 more sores by this time I felt like I'd been hit by a bus. I decided to go to the urgent care sadly they confirmed what I was terrified of I have herpes. My daughter is almost 5 months old and this is really hard for me. I've never had a lot of confidence about myself or anyhting and I'm really not coping well with this. I need someone to talk to who understands my daughters father has 1 son and he gave hsv2 to his mother as well so her and I talk but I just need more support my parents and brother know ND a few close friends but it's not something I want to scream to he world just yet. How do i deal with this with feeling ashamed and worthless ?  I feel like my life is over i really do i know in reality it's not but that's just how I feel. Does anyone have any tips on pain management sadly I'm unable to take the antivirals because I am  breastfeeding so Ive been taking tyenol but it's not really helping I've been using witch hazel to help the sores but it's the nerve pain that's really getting me down and in unbearable pain. HELP PLEASE 

herpinator mgoo

http://www.altnaturestore.com/Prunella_Vulgairs__Heal_All__Salve/p2666645_12058818.aspx

I don;t take antivirals because they hurt my stomach too much. Also because I'm the all-natural type.

Pruenella vulgaris AKA heal-all grows all over the place around here. I also have made tea with it and tincture, which I apply when the outbreak is blistery. The salve I use more when it's just tingly, like prodromes or whatever, and then again after the sores have scabbed.

The first few breakout is the worst, get through this and the next time will be much less painful.

I also take lysine, indole carbiinole-3, and I make lemon balm tea which I take daily to cut back on OB's. And I do a lysine diet...

For more immediate help, the local pharmacy should have cold sore lip balms....among them you should be able to find something with lysine, which should help a little.

I used to use this https://www.walmart.com/ip/LYSINE-LIP-OINTMENT-875-OZ/120716611?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=916&adid=22222222227052850901&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=152619341943&wl4=pla-263081464546&wl5=9007050&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=113134359&wl11=online&wl12=120716611&wl13=&veh=sem

Before discovering the heal-all salve. The heal all works better, for me.

herpinator mgoo

Of course I should add that stress is the big thing.

I've tried many different herbal medicines. It's hard to say what helped sometimes but stress has definitely been a big thing and certain foods are definite triggers for me. If you read the forums much, all of this has been said before. With time, you'll realize what your triggers are.

And your life is not over. It does get better.