World's Largest Herpes Support Group
HippyMomma

First Outbreak

HippyMomma

Okay so I'll give a small.back story. I met my daughters father around a year ago we instantly hit it off about 2 weeks into.talking he told he was HSV2 Positive. I instantly did research and decided that I wouldn't judge him on this (which I kinda regret now ). So needless to say we began having sex the first few times we used condoms and after that we didnt. we were very careful and I always secretly checked him down there before I would do anything without making it obvious. So about 2 weeks ago I started feeling really off just rundown and sick really, then about a week or so ago I found what I thought were 2 ingrown hairs while going to the bathroom but they hurt worse than ever before I just brushed it off to being from shaving then over the next 3 days I got 4 more sores by this time I felt like I'd been hit by a bus. I decided to go to the urgent care sadly they confirmed what I was terrified of I have herpes. My daughter is almost 5 months old and this is really hard for me. I've never had a lot of confidence about myself or anyhting and I'm really not coping well with this. I need someone to talk to who understands my daughters father has 1 son and he gave hsv2 to his mother as well so her and I talk but I just need more support my parents and brother know ND a few close friends but it's not something I want to scream to he world just yet. How do i deal with this with feeling ashamed and worthless ?  I feel like my life is over i really do i know in reality it's not but that's just how I feel. Does anyone have any tips on pain management sadly I'm unable to take the antivirals because I am  breastfeeding so Ive been taking tyenol but it's not really helping I've been using witch hazel to help the sores but it's the nerve pain that's really getting me down and in unbearable pain. HELP PLEASE 

herpinator mgoo

http://www.altnaturestore.com/Prunella_Vulgairs__Heal_All__Salve/p2666645_12058818.aspx

I don;t take antivirals because they hurt my stomach too much. Also because I'm the all-natural type.

Pruenella vulgaris AKA heal-all grows all over the place around here. I also have made tea with it and tincture, which I apply when the outbreak is blistery. The salve I use more when it's just tingly, like prodromes or whatever, and then again after the sores have scabbed.

The first few breakout is the worst, get through this and the next time will be much less painful.

I also take lysine, indole carbiinole-3, and I make lemon balm tea which I take daily to cut back on OB's. And I do a lysine diet...

For more immediate help, the local pharmacy should have cold sore lip balms....among them you should be able to find something with lysine, which should help a little.

I used to use this https://www.walmart.com/ip/LYSINE-LIP-OINTMENT-875-OZ/120716611?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=916&adid=22222222227052850901&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=152619341943&wl4=pla-263081464546&wl5=9007050&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=113134359&wl11=online&wl12=120716611&wl13=&veh=sem

Before discovering the heal-all salve. The heal all works better, for me.

herpinator mgoo

Of course I should add that stress is the big thing.

I've tried many different herbal medicines. It's hard to say what helped sometimes but stress has definitely been a big thing and certain foods are definite triggers for me. If you read the forums much, all of this has been said before. With time, you'll realize what your triggers are.

And your life is not over. It does get better.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• hangirl
      By hangirl
      Ive have GHSV1 for two years and have not experienced an OB since my first initial one.. except for now i think. I was very stressed and worrisome, which caused me to get itchy down there, and now everytime i wipe i feel like there are blisters, but when i look there are none! im so confused and not sure if its just my mind trying to trick me, but i can sometimes feel them when i am sitting down, it feels like pins and needles.. has anyone else experienced this?? i dont know what to do! im trying to not think about it and 'think' my way out of this outbreak
    • KatJ
      By KatJ
      I was diagnosed almost a year ago and have always struggled to find an outlet or any support. I stumbled upon this site when researching a new rash. I’ve constantly struggled with dealing with my herpes, especially since I got it due to being raped.
      I hope to be able to talk to some people with similar experiences and problems. I have HSV1 in the genital region. Does anybody else deal with that as well? 
    • Learningtolivewithhsv
      By Learningtolivewithhsv
      So I was diagnosed with ghsv-1 about a month ago. I have been having problems with the lymph nodes in my neck. My outbreak on my genitals have cleared up so I am unsure why my lymph nodes are still in pain. Can I also have oral hsv-1? What should I do? 
    • Learningtolivewithhsv
      By Learningtolivewithhsv
      So I am new to the herpes world. I was diagnosed with ghsv-1 on May 17th. I was dating two guys at once (one I was sexually active with and someone else). The last person I had sex with, I am pretty sure he’s the one that gave it to me. I did disclose to all of my sex partners using text free because I was too embarrassed to reveal myself. But anyway, today I disclosed to the other guy I was seeing when I found out that I was gHSV-1 positive. We have been seeing one another one to two time a week and have planned basically our whole summer out. Even though he wanted to take it slow we are most definitely sexually attracted to one another and planned on having sex somewhere along the lines. This morning I decided to disclose via text that I have ghsv-1. I gave him some fact/transmission rates and have left everything in his hands. He’s currently at work and asked if it’ll be okay for him to call me when he gets off. Let’s see how this turns out. I am prepared for the worst, but hoping for the best. I will keep you guys posted.
    • Learningtolivewithhsv
      By Learningtolivewithhsv
      So I just found out that I have herpes a little over two weeks ago. I am pretty sure I know who I contracted it from, but that is neither here nor there. I was dating two people (only sexually active with one). I no longer converse with the guy who I’ve contracted this from, but kept in contact with the other guy, let’s call him PT and we’ve been hitting it off really well. Sex isn’t really on the table for us because we both said that we wanted to wait for sex until we get to know one another better because we don’t want to rush anything. I can see something more forming between the two of us even though it’s still new. I want to tell him now, but I also want to get to know him better before disclosing this to him. We have a couple of dates lined up. What should I do? Please help
  • Trending Now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.