I had HSV2 for a few years now and only got 1 to 2 outbreaks a year.  I had Mirena since the end of 2015.  Since then I'm consistently getting outbreaks.  I get outbreaks every month right at the start or end of my menstruation.  Sometimes I cant tell if I have a yeast infection or not, because I get those every now and then, but more common with birth control pills, which I'm no longer on after my body rejected 3 different types.

I read that progesterone, which Mirena contains, increases outbreaks and lowers the body immune response to it.  I'm about to remove it now, my doctors appt is coming up.  I'm realizing this may be the cause of my consistent outbreaks.

Anyone else have this issue or know about this, mire information is helpful.

Thanks.

Sorry I cant relate hope you figure this out

11 hours ago, LadyDena said:

I had HSV2 for a few years now and only got 1 to 2 outbreaks a year.  I had Mirena since the end of 2015.  Since then I'm consistently getting outbreaks.  I get outbreaks every month right at the start or end of my menstruation.  Sometimes I cant tell if I have a yeast infection or not, because I get those every now and then, but more common with birth control pills, which I'm no longer on after my body rejected 3 different types.

I read that progesterone, which Mirena contains, increases outbreaks and lowers the body immune response to it.  I'm about to remove it now, my doctors appt is coming up.  I'm realizing this may be the cause of my consistent outbreaks.

Anyone else have this issue or know about this, mire information is helpful.

Thanks.

On 11/28/2016 at 11:16 PM, Sansa218 said:

I've had Mirena for 5 years with no problems related to OBs.  Hope you get better.

Are you currently taking meds for epidodic of suppressive therapy??  Just want an idea of what I can do to help with OBs.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Single ➵ You may like to try the Dating App

• Similar Content

• Dubneedshelp
      By Dubneedshelp
      Hey guys. I was just diagnosed with genital herpes after a visual examination. I've had all the possible symptoms - fever, chills, aches, sore throat, bumps on vaginal area and discomfort when peeing. I'm waiting to find out what strain I have and I have so many questions/am just feeling so terrible so would appreciate any help. 
      1: Does it really matter which strain you have? Should you still disclose this diagnosis to potential future partners? 
      2: Has anyone noticed small bumps on their fingers from the infection? Are these contagious? I have small bumps on one finger that haven't broken but are uncomfortable when touched. 
      3: Is it possible to have infection in both the mouth and genital area at one time? Most of the stuff I've read has said if you have bumps on the vagina then it's genital herpes but my throat is so sore and seems to have bumps way at the back - no sores yet. 
      4: Linked to Q.3, if I have genital herpes can I spread infection by kissing alone?
    • Shanshine
      By Shanshine
      How can GHSV-1 be transmitted genital to genital? How rare is it? 
    • Shanshine
      By Shanshine
      This question has been eating me up for some weeks now, but I am wondering how can ghsv1 thrive in a part of the body it isn’t usually suppose to show up on? If HSV1 typically causes cold sores and the virus attacks a specific ganglia area, how can it survive else where? This makes me wonder are the types of HSV important since you can get in orally or genitally? 
    • Q2Josh
      By Q2Josh
      So basic every morning I wake up with a bunch of smegma on my tip it’s white. Like I’ll take a shower wash my meat and everything the next day it’s there. Also the side of my thighs have a white patch ashy it itchy sometimes but not big deal. Like shii annoying my doctor gave me balanitis cream but look like my glans still dry like wtf is going on mind you I’m a teen going through all them shii. I just want to be done w life🤦🏾‍♂️😡😔 
    • Rivergreen
      By Rivergreen
      I noticed a small tiny "scab" on my penis about 5 days ago, completely painfree, and messed with it abit, which underneath was reddish skin. I messed with it more and it looked a little "wet" with some very tiny fluid. It became just a little painful to the touch sometimes. However its very tiny. Ive been observing it daily and its probably not getting a chance to scab over coz of my constant touching it. I do notice the tiny amount of fluid everytime. Could this be HSV? I am unsure if i have it. About a month ago a small wet looking blister appeared on my left thigh (pic attached). At that time i thought it was just an insect bite. Was not painful but itchy, and left a small scar after healing. Im just wondering if these could be symptoms of HSV.  Could i be having recurring symptoms without knowing? 

• Donate

If Honeycomb has helped you, please help us by making a donation so we can provide you with even better features and services.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • 0_unsure-if-it-is-herpes.png

Nervous about dating with herpes? Skip "the talk" and browse profiles here.

• Nicoli
      Yes, weight training and really any exertion. Some of my more physically demanding yard chores that Ed me out of breath has netted the same frustrating results. 
    • WilsoInAus
      I don't agree with this sentiment. There are over 1 billion women in the planet that have passed HSV-1 orally to one or more of their children. That does not mean they have done anything wrong or lacked 'great effort'. There is absolutely no reason for a mother with oral HSV-1 to behave any differently to a mother without HSV-1. Provided active cold sores are kept away from everyone, there is no reason why all mothers cannot show their chosen manner of affection to their children. It is only stigma-generated fear that leads to a few mothers thinking differently and operating from a place of fear instead of love. Hopefully we can reach those women and assure them they do not need to behave differently on account of HSV.  
    • StayStrongOk
      @dont quit!, Great effort by you to not pass it to your daughter. Fortunately, kissing is not the only way to show affection. I am sure you are already channelling through other means 🙂
    • Bd2132
      That is good to hear! I have my appointment this evening, so hopefully they agree it is something else. It has not changed in appearance since Friday when I originally posted also. 
    • t1berius1
      Thanks Wilson. Really appreciate the answer and contribution to this community! I guess I will sweat bullets for 12 weeks to get a better answer. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.