Jump to content
World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Second_chance

Any updates on Admedus Vaccone

Recommended Posts

Second_chance

Does anybody have an update on the Admedus Vaccine other than the last vague statement they put out a couple of months ago? I was really rooting for Professor Frazier to surpass all expectations and bring an end to this horrific nightmare. Any updates would be greatly appreciated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evaluate

The study, in Phase II, hasn't concluded yet.  The results are expected around January to March 2017.

Here's a description http://www.proactiveinvestors.com.au/companies/news/167602/admedus-ltd-receives-some-more-positive-results-from-hsv-2-study-167602.html

The interim results are inconclusive, especially when the placebo group is showing similar results.  Initial reaction to the results hasn't been that great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evaluate
2 hours ago, Justin Owens said:

Will the vaccine also help with people suffering from cold sores as well?

Possibly, but not for sure.  The vaccine is targeted at HSV-2, but there could be cross protection.  It's early to say and I'm not sure if they intend on testing the vaccine on HSV-1.  Genocea, for example, has an interest in testing their HSV-2 vaccine (GEN-003) in HSV-1 at some point, but this information is only known thanks to their CEO communicating here on the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RVX Patient and Investor

i want any and all approaches to work...  but subunit vax attempts have failed at least 6 times already.

Frazier has credibility from a business POV b/c of his HPV subunit vax, but just b/c he did that doesn't mean he can make a subunit vax for HSV.  HPV is a wimp by comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evaluate
11 hours ago, Justin Owens said:

I thought there was a 81% reduction?

In HSV-2 shedding, no testing has been done for HSV-1.  Note that HSV-1 and HSV-2 are different strains of the same virus.  Just because it shows promise for one does not automatically mean it will for the other strain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joseph_Esp
On 30/11/2016 at 2:50 AM, Evaluate said:

The study, in Phase II, hasn't concluded yet.  The results are expected around January to March 2017.

Here's a description http://www.proactiveinvestors.com.au/companies/news/167602/admedus-ltd-receives-some-more-positive-results-from-hsv-2-study-167602.html

The interim results are inconclusive, especially when the placebo group is showing similar results.  Initial reaction to the results hasn't been that great.

Seems like you are pretty well informed. What´s your feeling about the multiple vaccines etc.? Any reasons for joy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evaluate
13 hours ago, Joseph_Esp said:

Seems like you are pretty well informed. What´s your feeling about the multiple vaccines etc.? Any reasons for joy?

I think there is.  Without going into the various vaccines three stand out as most promising:

Halford's Vaccine - it's too early to say but the approach he has certainly got people a buzz.  He is taking a very different path to testing than the other vaccines so it's hard to give a timeline.  He's finished phase I clinical trials but more information is needed to really know its effect.

Albert Einstein College of Medicine - this vaccine has HSV mutated without gD-2, a protein almost all other vaccines possess and have concentrated on.  I believe they're onto something with removing it from their vaccine.  The types of tests they've performed on mice are quite interesting and show a very strong immune response.  They are close but not yet in clinical trials.  This one has shown cross protection in both HSV-1 and HSV-2 in mice.

GEN-003 - this won't be therapeutic cure but so far it is showing modest results.  It's in phase II clinical testing.  At best this will be helpful in reducing shedding and symptoms for many people and combined with antivirals it has the potential to bring much needed relief.

Edited by Evaluate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evaluate
44 minutes ago, Justin Owens said:

What are your thoughts on Ian Frazers vaccine?

We really haven't received any result to say one way or the other thus far.  It may give some benefit though, but it's too early to say.  The phase II results should come out in the first quarter of this year (January/February/March) and should give us more information about its viability.

Edited by Evaluate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hopeful Rylee
On Tuesday, January 03, 2017 at 2:09 AM, Evaluate said:

I think there is.  Without going into the various vaccines three stand out as most promising:

Halford's Vaccine - it's too early to say but the approach he has certainly got people a buzz.  He is taking a very different path to testing than the other vaccines so it's hard to give a timeline.  He's finished phase I clinical trials but more information is needed to really know its effect.

Albert Einstein College of Medicine - this vaccine has HSV mutated without gD-2, a protein almost all other vaccines possess and have concentrated on.  I believe they're onto something with removing it from their vaccine.  The types of tests they've performed on mice are quite interesting and show a very strong immune response.  They are close but not yet in clinical trials.  This one has shown cross protection in both HSV-1 and HSV-2 in mice.

GEN-003 - this won't be therapeutic cure but so far it is showing modest results.  It's in phase II clinical testing.  At best this will be helpful in reducing shedding and symptoms for many people and combined with antivirals it has the potential to bring much needed relief.

I thought the Einstien vaccine was a preventative... Like it wont help those already infected?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evaluate
3 hours ago, hopeful Rylee said:

I thought the Einstien vaccine was a preventative... Like it wont help those already infected?

It's early to say.  So far, in the mice, they've only tested the ability to prevent disease.  By looking at the type of immune response it is producing in mice, it is suggestive that this immune response could help keep those who are already infected from experiencing further symptoms (in my layman opinion).  The key here is they are producing a strong antibody and t-cell response.  The fact that they can take one mouse's blood and transfer immunity to another is quite promising in demonstrating a strong immune response.

More study is needed to say one way or another, but I am very hopeful with this vaccine.

Edited by Evaluate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hopeful Rylee
15 hours ago, Evaluate said:

It's early to say.  So far, in the mice, they've only tested the ability to prevent disease.  By looking at the type of immune response it is producing in mice, it is suggestive that this immune response could help keep those who are already infected from experiencing further symptoms (in my layman opinion).  The key here is they are producing a strong antibody and t-cell response.  The fact that they can take one mouse's blood and transfer immunity to another is quite promising in demonstrating a strong immune response.

More study is needed to say one way or another, but I am very hopeful with this vaccine.

Thanks. Is it even close to trials and do all FDA trials take 10 years?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evaluate
1 minute ago, hopeful Rylee said:

Thanks. Is it even close to trials and do all FDA trials take 10 years?

FDA trials normally take 7-10 years.  With new FDA rules to expedite some of the trial aspects, we may see trials becoming shorter.  I'm still not sure what affect the new legislation will have on trial times.

It's close since they've got animal trials under their belt.  There has been nothing published about a timeline, however, if I had to guess probably within a year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sally89

Don't forget that IBM created a virus killer too. They want to develop either soaps or anti-viral wipes with it. Not sure of timeline though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Evaluate
12 minutes ago, Sally89 said:

Don't forget that IBM created a virus killer too. They want to develop either soaps or anti-viral wipes with it. Not sure of timeline though. 

My understanding from the articles I've read that the technology you speak of is to help prevent the spread of viruses, but not treat/cure them with those who already have them.  This would be a very big thing for hospitals or places with high foot traffic to help reduce the spreading of germs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sally89
2 hours ago, Evaluate said:

My understanding from the articles I've read that the technology you speak of is to help prevent the spread of viruses, but not treat/cure them with those who already have them.  This would be a very big thing for hospitals or places with high foot traffic to help reduce the spreading of germs.

Yes, I want a cure but I would be happy with the no transmission option first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
agamemnus

You can probably forget Admedus. The results weren't statistically significant against baseline. When I emailed to get clarity after speaking with IR, I received silence. I then called IR and got a disconnected number thing. (might have been an anomaly, but I didn't bother to call again.)

Edited by agamemnus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JHenry

I will remain optimistic for all researchers and projects until told otherwise AND realize that when efforts fall short of the mark, we still learn from our disappointments and advance the battle further.

Henry 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Freddy Fender
17 hours ago, agamemnus said:

You can probably forget Admedus. The results weren't statistically significant against baseline. When I emailed to get clarity after speaking with IR, I received silence. I then called IR and got a disconnected number thing. (might have been an anomaly, but I didn't bother to call again.)

Who is IR and what is the phone number you called that was disconnected?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Disc0rdant
15 minutes ago, Freddy Fender said:

Who is IR and what is the phone number you called that was disconnected?

Investor relations.  They probably just changed their phone #....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RVX Patient and Investor

Investor Relations i'm guessing.

do'h!  didn't see ur post discordant!

Edited by RVX Patient and Investor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Disc0rdant
1 minute ago, RVX Patient and Investor said:

Investor Relations i'm guessing.

do'h!  didn't see ur post discordant!

You are funny as hell RVX.

Homer....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • The Hive is Thriving!

    • Total Topics
      69,949
    • Total Posts
      472,396
  • Posts

    • blurneworder
      @Dvm, he says this to almost everyone.  Best ignore his bad advice 
    • Dvm
      Thx so much. However HSV can affect the trigeminal nerve/from post herpetic neuralgia and can actually cause all these symptoms. Some people, once affected can have short term symptoms,  while others have sporadic flare ups and some are permanently affected. Gabapentin for trigeminal neuralgia, prescribed by my neurologist, did help me for some time,  but I'm glad to be off it.  Hope my post helps someone w similar issues who havent gotten help from primary care Dr.
    • WilsoInAus
      @Dvm you can be assured that HSV is not the cause of these issues. As you have found, it’s likely a spinal issue and it sounds like you have found some help. Stick with that.
    • Dvm
      Yes!! See my post about struggling w HSV 1 for 2 yrs. I just signed up today and told my story. Brain fog, pain on r side of face, dizziness,  vertigo, numbness. Hsv1 lives in trigeminal nerve and can cause all these issues w flare ups. Good luck, and your not alone.
    • Dvm
      I'm new to this page. Looking to hear stories of others w my issues & hope to find support. I hv had cold sores all my life. But 2 yrs ago I had a flare w 1 on my lip & 1 in ea nostril.  Then the pain on my right side of the face started, along w numbness,  dizzy, balance issues and a weird eye twitch and sensation. After countless Dr appts and misdiagnoses, research led me to find that the herpes lives in the face in the ganglion root & when it flares can cause all my symptoms and it happened to permanently damage my trigeminal nerve. After going to numerous Dr, neurologist,  having MRI etc. My diagnosis was confirmed and although I dont like to take meds, I started on Gabapentin.  2 yrs I suffered and was miserable,  near suicidal and hopeless,  but I kept trying Drs and a friend had me tried an osteopath.  Who started doing small manipulation on my scalp and neck, within a few days I progression of me feeling better started. Within a month I was off the meds and feeling amazing, I also found a new massage therapist that I worked w and that helped along w an accupuncturist.Then after a few months a trigger of cbd w menthol set me off for about a week then felt great again & then the accupuncture gal used tiger balm (w menthol) and that set me off.  Good again and then yesterday some stress caused a flare of about 6 mouth sores on my roof of my mouth, woke up to massive vertigo.  Started valtrex and talked to my Dr about just staying on Valtrex daily. I found this page & hope to hear others experiences & maybe mine can shed light on yours. 
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.