World's Largest Herpes Support Group
TinkerbellAustralia

Hurting

TinkerbellAustralia

Really need to get this off my chest.

3 years ago I contracted hsv2. It came out of the blue and to this day I have no idea how I got it. I went through all the horrible moments that everyone goes through, but I survived.

I thought I was ok with it all. Only a few outbreaks, which were manageable. Had sex, mostly men were ok with it.

Fast forward to now. 

I met a great guy through friends. We really just clicked on so many levels. He makes me feel like a giddy school girl! I haven't felt this way for a man in a very long time. He felt the same.

We had the talk and he said that he didn't want to take things any further. He didn't want us to have sex. I doubt that he will ever change his mind. This really hurts. I completely understand and respect his reasons for not taking things further. I don't like it though.

We have seen each other since and there is no denying our chemistry. It ends with flirting, touching and kissing. We are trying to be friends, but the undeniable attraction is getting in the way. I can't just avoid him cause we have mutual friends.

How do I just let this guy go? How can we still be friends if there is an attraction there?

MissHope

Tinkerbell I am so sorry that happened to you.... it's not fair and I can understand how disappointed you feel. But you should be so proud for telling him the truth - it took great courage.

All I can say that if the chemistry is still there and you are still remaining friends, perhaps in time he will come around and see that you are not the virus, it's just a teeny tiny piece of baggage you carry. Hopefully he's taken so time to read up on it and do some research and he may see it isn't as horrifying as it seems.

I have GHSV - and as far as we know my husband does not...... we've had two beautiful boys and been together for six or so years so it is possible for one to have it and the other not. Luckily for me he understood the virus as his mother and sister both get oral coldsores. For those that don't know much about the virus, it is a shock - I hope for you that in time, your feller will see it's not really that big a deal.

I do feel for you - and I think you are well within your rights to let him know that right now it's just too painful to be friends, if you feel that not seeing him and making a clean break will be easier. 

I wish you all the best.... however things may turn out.