World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Eloise224

When will I be myself again

Eloise224

Hi guys, I haven't been diagnosed yet but my symptoms sure show that I have herpes 2. Since contracting this I have gone into a very depressive state, I've never felt like this before. I used to be the funny one that everyone loved, now I literally don't want to be alive, I'm only 18, I do not sleep around and have only been with 2 people, please help I hate myself 

SureWhyNot

It is OK to hate the virus but Not Yourself! You did nothing wrong!!!! You got unlucky enough to come in contact with one of the many nasty things that can happen to good people who live on this planet. You must remember you are the same person you were before this. Now you have another layer of your life to deal with and you Will find your way through this. Educating yourself about how this works in Your body because it is different for all of us as we all have different chemistry.

Nobody wants this but just like real life we are going to get thrown nasty curves and this is a big one. I have 36yrs of experience dealing, some days are harder than others.

Lisajd

It takes a little time and we have all felt how you have.  You are young and you have a lot ahead of you and herpes doesnt stop you doing what you want.  Enjoy being young.  You are not alone having hsv. I suggest you educate yourself about it so you understand what it means for you. 

Blahdittilyblah

I felt the same way too. I was funny outgoing everyone loved me. Then I got H and felt problems disgusting worthless. And then I still would go out with friends, they don't know but I'm still funny outgoing and they still love being around me so I really haven't changed at all. 

Lisajd
1 hour ago, Blahdittilyblah said:

I felt the same way too. I was funny outgoing everyone loved me. Then I got H and felt problems disgusting worthless. And then I still would go out with friends, they don't know but I'm still funny outgoing and they still love being around me so I really haven't changed at all. 

I really think that it's up to you,  your own self about how you feel about having herpes. I hate my life right now but it's not because I have herpes it's because of other things.  But I also know that I'm the one who has to make the changes to make sure that I don't feel this way.  

LetItGo

Eloise, first of all try your best to get to a gynecologist or clinic to get a swab or blood work done, there is a difference between HSV 1 and 2 and it's important for you to know exactly what you have, it is never good to assume or make a diagnosis from what you read off Google, etc.

Do not hate yourself. I am only a couple years older than you, you have so much life to live, and so many things that are going to be happening in your life the next few years, don't let this break or change you. Please don't be afraid to reach out to me I am always here to talk. 

Edited by ItsTheClimb

ShhGirl
On 12/1/2016 at 0:26 PM, Eloise224 said:

Hi guys, I haven't been diagnosed yet but my symptoms sure show that I have herpes 2. Since contracting this I have gone into a very depressive state, I've never felt like this before. I used to be the funny one that everyone loved, now I literally don't want to be alive, I'm only 18, I do not sleep around and have only been with 2 people, please help I hate myself 

I found out las year around Dec.5th I had HSV2 and I almost died ! I'm 21 this isn't going to be an easy walk in life, There will be beautiful moments where you won't remember you had HSV then there will be times when it's the only thing you can think about. I am the funny loud and loving person also and herpes didn't change any of that it just made me grow up a lot quicker then I had to.. Look at it this way . -You were to Perfect in the eyes of the world so something like herpes had to happen to make you a little bit more on everyone else level.. Continue to live your life and be amazing..