jody☆

newly diagnosed weeks before due date

13 posts in this topic

I have genital herpes I guess, the worst part..... I'm too scared, i cant kiss my two week old son, :( my hands are so dry from washing so often. I'm terrified of even having to touch him. I don't even know how to know if outbreak is coming,  or what it's really like, I had so many other problems during first outbreak weeks ago. .....

dont quit!17 likes this

If you had oral HSV-1 you may consider taking it easy with light kisses, but if your herpes is genital, then you can kiss away with no fears of transmission at all. The virus is locality based so there is no danger of genital herpes to your baby. The risk was during childbirth, but at two weeks I'm sure everything is AOK!

jody☆ likes this

does it transfer from body part to body part, like from showering,  or drying everything off with same towel after shower?  

No it cannot. Each nerve tranche is protected that means it does not move inside the body except in exceptionally rare circumstances. The virus cannot go 'overland' to infect another nerve tranche as your immune system prevents this. 

Generally only sexual contact has any practical chance of transmission.

jody☆ likes this

THANK YOU.  I'M STARTING TO FEEL WAY BETTER ABOUT THIS . MORE CONFIDENT TO SAY THE LEAST,  I'M VERY FORTUNATE TO HAVE FOUND THIS SITE, AND TO HAVE YOU ALL ! 

fredro12 and staypositivelivelife like this

On December 1, 2016 at 9:38 PM, jody☆ said:

I have genital herpes I guess, the worst part..... I'm too scared, i cant kiss my two week old son, :( my hands are so dry from washing so often. I'm terrified of even having to touch him. I don't even know how to know if outbreak is coming,  or what it's really like, I had so many other problems during first outbreak weeks ago. .....

Use gloves to help prevent spreading.

On December 2, 2016 at 0:58 AM, jody☆ said:

does it transfer from body part to body part, like from showering,  or drying everything off with same towel after shower?  

It can travel to another body part. For example, if you do not wash your hands properly and touch your eyes then it can travel to your eyes.

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Sean321 said:

That generally only happens in the first 3-6 months post infection. After that, your body develops anti-bodies preventing this from happening.

I believe I spread hsv-2 to my lips this way; although I only had 1 very small OB at this location.

Where did you find the information that spreading to another body part can occur generally in the first 3-6 months?

Edited by luvurself16

You don't need to wear gloves, just make sure you wash your hands with warm soapy water whenever you touch yourself. You can share a bath with your baby and not give them genital herpes. You baby came out of your vagina where your herpes is and was fine! Risk of transmission would of been the highest then. 

staypositivelivelife likes this

@WilsoInAus say if a child was exposed at birth. Would the child have outbreaks soon after exposure due to an undeveloped immune system or can it go into latency without reactivation?

I read something about cold sores being uncommon in children under the age of two?

It depends on country but generally the age band in which the most people are infected with HSV-1 varies from either the 0-3 years bracket or the 4-9 year bracket. 

Either way, a lot of people are infected under the age of two and 40-60% of the population by age 10, higher in many African countries.

It sounds like you made it through the scariest part of passing to your baby at birth... just curious to know your success story. I'm newly infected a few months before I recently got pregnant. Im very nervous 

• Herpes Dating Web Site

Guest, would you like to try dating another Herpster in your area?

Search Now
  • Newbies

• Latest Buzz

• gd123
      @WilsoInAus Thanks for your reply. Sorry, I think my post was unclear, this was the response from the sti testing company/advisory service, not the lab itself. I just think it's poor that they won't tell me what sort of igg it was and why they say 4-6 wks is sufficient.  It's the principle, a highly regarded testing company could be contributing to the amount of people unaware they have hsv, and the money side of it that makes me feel very strongly. I did previously let it go but it started to wind me up again so I thought I'd put the questions forward to them. Unfortunately I'm not educated in testing/hsv enough to put forward a decent, backed up argument. Maybe I should let it go, I just feel that it's wrong.
    • gd123
      @Franticheart this was before I knew anything about h or its incubation period, I was completely uneducated at this point and trusted them because they run clinics from a reputable bupa hospital near my house. I remember you recommending thesticlinic to me on a post I made in June, on that post I mentioned that I'd already had that 6 week test that I'm talking about with b2k. My repeat test is arranged with thesticlinic through you pointing me in their direction . I'm just angry that I can't get my £70 back from a pointless test and decided to pursue the concern with b2know yesterday!
    • Nightmare7575
      How do people respond when you tell them ?  It great you are so open,There is a story on the net from a woman who just tells everybody  whenever she has a chance and is just our to everybody..
    • Nightmare7575
      The boxer/underwear I wear come down to my thigh so they cover all the areas I have read on here that need to be covered. There is an old saying [necessity is the mother or all invention ] or something like that[lol].  Ideas are meant to be expanded on ,so biker shorts with a hole and condom.
    • Nightmare7575
      LillianPanos how do you join or get somebody to say your OK to join ? Thanks 
    • WilsoInAus
      That's all OK, bring all your questions here and we can see what we can do. 
  • Trending