World's Largest Herpes Support Group
NotASaint

Ruined It

NotASaint

I was diagnosed over 10 years ago. Always got to know really well and tell my partners before being intimate. Now I've met someone and something magical happened. We very quickly spiraled into a very intimate relationship in a very short time. I didn't tell him. I don't know why. I just COULDN'T. Well, I finally did after being with each other for almost 8 weeks. He didn't take it well at all. He's not mad or ugly to me but he's emotionally gone. He's so hurt and sad. My heart is shattered. After telling him we didn't speak for several days and when we did he just sounded so hurt. I don't know what to do. I really think I fell for him and he for me and now I ruined it. How could I be so irresponsible and reckless? I know our relationship is new but I've never felt this type of connection so quickly to someone. I feel like I betrayed him. I'm in so much guilt and shame. If you have any experience or advise please guide me.

Happyshak3042

Sorry to hear you are so hurt. I can relate completely. This is the hardest thing ive ever gone thru except getting clean off heroin 8 months ago. So the guy ive been seeing for 2 mos hasnt talked to me since i told him 2 days ago. To make it worse idk if he dissapeared cuz he knows he gave it to me, or if he is shocked and processing news. My advice is if he is at least willing to be in your presence take it for what it is. Take it slow and one day at a time (learned that from my recovery). The night i told him i had just come back from a week vacation. I missed him and my feelings for him had grown. Thought i was falling in love. Yet when he saw me, no hug, no kiss, no affection at all. This was before i told him. After, he wouldnt even sleep in his bed with me. I woke up hurt and felt guilty and isolated. I left for work and he didnt even say bye, not a word. I hope he comes back to me, yet i think if he did it would never be the same. Like you said the emotions would be gone. How are us women supposed to handle this? My gut tells me he cheated and that is how i got this. Yet i have no proof. If he was just leading me on i guess its easy for him to walk. I feel for you, as this is definitely a life changer. I did see an article on herpes being your wingman. You should check it out. 

Sansa218

Hi Not,  BTW, none of us are...we're just real people who get a bit sidetracked at times with this stupid infection.  I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that you have ruined it just yet.....give him some time to process.  Yes, he has a right to feel hurt and sad, and pretty much all you can do is apologize profusely and tell him that you just got bowled over with the pace of things.  It's not a great excuse, but it does explain why you did it.

If you acknowledge that the horse is out of the barn, so to speak, maybe you could talk with him about whether he's been tested before, if he has ever had a cold sore, and talk about safer sex practices.  I am assuming you were probably not being excessively diligent re:  condoms, but if you were not in a prodome or OB, then the likelihood of it being transmitted to him is not high, as female to male transmission rates are lower than male to female.  If he was truly vulnerable, he could have already had an OB.  You can't change what happened, but maybe you two can discuss it rationally and move on.  If he doesn't come around, then as hard as it is, you might have to chalk this one up to experience.  

I understand that things can happen quickly and be very intense.  This sort of thing happened to me a couple of months ago.  I disclosed after we had sex the first time and he was OK with it, but about 6 weeks later he had an OB, and he backed away big time.  I am not even sure if he had it before and just didn't notice symptoms or if I was the cause of his infection.   The guilt is hard, I know.  I've tried to see if we could get past it, but he had other big life issues at the time, so I basically gave up at the beginning of November.  I broke down and texted him yesterday and he texted right back, and said he had texted me on Thanksgiving to say hi (I didn't get it) and that his other issues are resolving, so perhaps there is some hope.  I don't know, but I cannot help being cautiously hopeful that we might resume our relationship.  So don't despair, try to be realistic about how he is being with you, and maybe try to let him gain a sense of control over his feelings. Being open to discussing it, and acknowledging his fears while providing potential safeguards and testing could help things go in you favor.  Good luck.

NotASaint

Thanks y'all. I'm just trying to take it one day at a time. Give him space so he can clear his head and hopefully we'll talk soon. Can he be tested without an OB? I feel like it might help if he knew right away.

Sansa218

He can be tested without an OB....it is the IgG test, but he could have a false negative if the infection was recent (i.e. within the last 12-16 weeks).  It is a blood test;  you don't need to have symptoms.

Lisajd

Ive seen it happen many times and its always gone pear shaped.  Its a trust thing.  Think about this?  Did you get told?   If he wants to be with you he will look past it. 

Disc0rdant
On 12/3/2016 at 7:00 AM, NotASaint said:

I was diagnosed over 10 years ago. Always got to know really well and tell my partners before being intimate. Now I've met someone and something magical happened. We very quickly spiraled into a very intimate relationship in a very short time. I didn't tell him. I don't know why. I just COULDN'T. Well, I finally did after being with each other for almost 8 weeks. He didn't take it well at all. He's not mad or ugly to me but he's emotionally gone. He's so hurt and sad. My heart is shattered. After telling him we didn't speak for several days and when we did he just sounded so hurt. I don't know what to do. I really think I fell for him and he for me and now I ruined it. How could I be so irresponsible and reckless? I know our relationship is new but I've never felt this type of connection so quickly to someone. I feel like I betrayed him. I'm in so much guilt and shame. If you have any experience or advise please guide me.

Relationships are about trust.  He needs to know you are going to protect him(as you need to know he will protect you)  I have no great advice except you need to apologize to him.(in my opinion)  We all make mistakes.  The best thing to do is own them.

NotASaint

Thank you. We are talking again but not like it was. He's supposed to be getting a blood test soon. I'm not sure if he'll ever come back completely but I'm willing to wait it out and be patient with him. I know he deserved to know in advance. I know I broke his trust. I know this will be devastating if he has it. I just hope he will forgive me.

Disc0rdant

I agree with Lisajd.  If he wants you, he will look past it.  I personally would not look past it.  That to me is physical danger.  Anyone who knowingly does that to me is probably not going to make the cut.  I don't know the effect hsv2 would have on me.  If that means I miss out on love, I will deal w it.  You cant force love.  You can chose to love, though.  

I am currently alone and ok w it.  Maybe take a step back.  I am sure at this point it will be difficult.  If you told me to step back a yr ago, I couldnt have.  I was so intensely missing her, I couldnt step back.

Thinking about you.  

Lisajd

People are afraid to disclose for their own reasons (mostly selfush or thru embarrassment)  i told a guy yesterday i had the cold sore virus but it aint on my lips.  I explained i take meds so risk is 1%.  He goes lisa im not worried about it, there are no guarantees in life you need to make the most of it.

NotASaint

He has it. I have ruined his life and it is such a heavy burden. We haven't talked in several days, I know he needs space but it is so hard for me to stay away. I don't understand how i could be so cruel. I didn't have any symptoms. I've never not told a partner. My doc says that it may have been because I hadn't been sexually active for quite a while and being with him 'woke up the virus'. WTF. How do I go so long with never giving it to anyone to giving it to this one person that matters the most to me??? How was I so stupid? I've never been scared or worried about disclosure, it was always part of the deal. Now I've completely ruined another persons life. I have forgotten how hard that first outbreak is. I've been looking at Google pictures and researching it and what I've done is absolutely hateful. I doubt I'll ever hear from him again and my heart is completely shattered. I'm at a total lost. I

WilsoInAus

Are you sure @NotASaint? It doesn't sound like he had an outbreak. If he has HSV-2, then he may very well have had it long before he met you. What testing did he have?

NotASaint
12 minutes ago, Lisajd said:

People are afraid to disclose for their own reasons (mostly selfush or thru embarrassment)  i told a guy yesterday i had the cold sore virus but it aint on my lips.  I explained i take meds so risk is 1%.  He goes lisa im not worried about it, there are no guarantees in life you need to make the most of it.

That's pretty much how it's always gone in the past. I've never not disclosed. Ever. The men I dated I took the time to get to know and well before being intimate I said something similar to "our relationship is going well and I hope that one day we'll be intimate so I think you should know now that I have tested positive for HSV." Then I give them some info and tell them I'm available to answer any questions. Never once did a man back away, we always moved forward. I just don't have a reason for not telling this man. I was so intimidated by my initial attraction and it just happened. And then kept happening. I am sick to my stomach knowing that if I would have told him he most likely would have been OK with it and we could have moved forward. Now I'm pretty much guaranteed to never see or hear from him again. Fuck.

NotASaint
1 minute ago, WilsoInAus said:

Are you sure @NotASaint? It doesn't sound like he had an outbreak. If he has HSV-2, then he may very well have had it long before he met you. What testing did he have?

I'm pretty sure. Over text (freaking text) he told me he had the beginning of a cold sore. That he was freaking out because he's never had one. Then he fell off the face of the planet. 

Lisajd

A cold sore on his mouth is unlikely to be from you if you have hsv2.  Hsv2 oral is rare.   He may already have oral hsv from the past and stress of your disclosure has brought on an ob.  

NotASaint

@Lisajd I don't think I have HSV1. Are you telling me it's 2 completely different things? Fml.... Google, here I come! And this week I'm going to try and get another blood test to see what exactly I have. My brain is scrambled. I am going to really be able to handle life a lot better if he's just using my truth as an excuse to dump me, lol! My goodness, I hope that's what happened.

WilsoInAus

That is a great idea to get sorted what you do or do not have.

HSV is generally a single location infection. A genital infection does not result in an oral cold sore for example. 

Sansa218

Hi again, Not....so I'm reading this through and you say he dropped off the planet....but wasn't that just a few hours ago?  He stopped texting, OK, but try to take a breath here.   I think you are beating yourself up massively and that is not very soothing or productive for you.  You cannot change what happened, and ruminating is just making you feel worse.  I think you both need information - if he said he has the beginning of a cold sore, that is not factual evidence that he has herpes.  The results of a swab of an active lesion, PCR and/ or correctly timed IgG test are what will provide evidence of infection.

As Wilso and Lisa said, HSV-1 (oral) and HSV-2 (genital) are individual viruses of the same family and they cannot change their type on transmission and it is unlikely that your HSV-2 would appear on him in his mouth area.  

As you've realized, texting is not the best format for talking about this.  If you have his email, maybe you could send him a note saying you are going to get fully tested and that you will share your results with him as soon as you have them.   Apologize again if you want, but also urge him to get tested (maybe you could offer to cover his costs), and maybe provide him some links with good and accurate information.  Then let it be....try to process this in your own mind and find a way to move off constantly thinking of it.  Good luck.

Disc0rdant

Trying 45 liked my post and it got me curious.  Have you heard anything more from him?  

Poisonflower

I've found my self in this situation and I'm not quite the same and I haven't been with another man since. It's hard to say something when you really feel the way you feel about someone. All he kept saying is you should have told me! And he would have respected me more. But would he have chose me...and I been rejected far too often already. I just went the wrong way. I stole an experience for me and stole his right to choose for himself. And I can honestly say no it wasn't worth it. That was the greatest relationship I ever had and I only had it for 6 months. I got too afraid when I got to know him that he wouldn't choose me. He was so disappointed and he hasn't spoken to me since.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• CCC1984
      By CCC1984
      Hi guys. 

Im new to this group, but not new to herpes. I’ve had it for about 5 years. In those 5 years, I’ve been with 5 ppl and I’ve disclosed with success to each one. No one has ever had a problem with my diagnosis or the method or time i told them. 

And then then  this happened... 

i met met this guy and we REALLY connected. More connection than I’ve had with anyone. Talked for hours on end. It was a long distance thing, but we got really close quickly. Spent an hour a day on the phone. 

He he decided to drive out to see me. At this point we had only made out, nothing more. I knew I’d have to have the talk with him. I’ve always had them in person and thought nothing different about this time. Of course i was nervous, but also this connection was so rare. 
      I told him the first night he was here. Yes, we had had a couple drinks, and we had been making out. But no clothes were off and nothing had happened. He asked a few questions, asked about wearing condoms, and then we had sex with a condom. 

We we had sex about 8 times over the course of the weekend and he never asked any more questions or anything. Everything was great. 

Until about 9 days after he left... then he started freaking out thinking he may be getting sick. He lashed out at me and told me i should’ve told him before he came to see me. Blaming me for it all. 

I said i sorry that he felt i had treated him unfairly, but no one had ever had a problem and that i always tell in person.
      he broke up with me. Saying that if i had truly cared about him i would’ve told him before he came to see me. This blows my mind. I don’t take back not telling him on the phone. I think it’s a face to face conversation. I thought we really had a Connection, but apparently it wasn’t the same to him. 

Anyone else had someone reject them after disclosure and after sex even multiple times?! 

• SillyGirlMel
      By SillyGirlMel
      I've known him for less than a month. I model &he is a young, handsome assistant photographer with whom I was in Mexico with for 5 days. I have been diagnosed with HSV2 for over a year now, but I have only had an outbreak twice within that year& I do take antiviral medication for it. He &I did not know eachother prior to Mexico, but we hit it off& as a single-mother who doesn't get out much I am guilty of making the first move by asking if it was cool to cuddle. I was actually really surprised he said yes, with that being said I do remember thinking to myself,"but I have herpes... okay, we will just cuddle, if he wants more, I will stop it, if I can't stop it I will just give him head." &though that may seem like a naive thought, I am 22 years old& he is the first guy I've ever "hooked-up" with. I've never had sex outside a relationship or several dates, before him. To add, I also do had a friend that I cuddled with, without sex, but I should have noted that I'm not attracted to that friend which is why that probably worked with him. So we did the deed, I didn't stop it, I let it happen because I selfishly wanted it so badly. I even forgot about my herpes for a good couple days after the act. When I looked in my cabinet to get something& saw my prescribed antiviral medication,I realized what I had done. I told him today, it's been 16days since the act.  I was calm& explained to him that because he used a condom&I do take my antiviral medication there is only a 1-2% chance he could have gotten it from me. He didn't seem too upset,& he said he will get back to me after he gets tested &does some research. I promised to pay for the testing &anything else he is troubled with from this incident&at the end of the call he thanked me for telling him. I don't know if I should just back off for now to see how it goes, or if I should be checking-in on him often &sending him links to help him find accurate information on HSV2. I will be working with him again this Wednesday, for a collab photoshoot, but since I'm the one that hired him, I told him I understand if he decides to call it off, he said he won't let this affect his work. Only time can tell, but if there is anything else that you think I can do to ease whatever he may be going through at this time please be gentle with your suggestions. I know what I did was very wrong and I will never do it again, but it doesn't change what happened, I can't take that night back. Honestly, the sex was amazing, one of the best I ever had, and afterward we decided to start-off again as friends and I was okay with that. I felt normal for a moment, and I was extremely happy, but now I remember that I am not normal, and am extremely guilty for putting him at risk without his consent. I don't know if we can continue to be friends, but I do need advice on what I should do next.  He said he will get tested next week and that he will also still do the photoshoot, but he also said he doesn't know how he feels about all this new information because he hasn't done the research on it. I know he will do the research, but with all the stigma I'm afraid his friends will only freak him out if he goes to them for advice, or that he may type the wording wrong in google to get negative results.  I told him the facts, that it's common, that he has nothing to worry, but he should get tested, that it's less likely for women to transmit it to men, and even more unlikely with the medication and protection involved.... but what if he gets tested and it is positive? I asked him if he has hooked-up before, he is 24, and he said yes he has a few times.... so in reality, the thing is that he could have had herpes prior to meeting me, and not even had known it, but I didn't bring that up at all.... I'm not a promiscous person, but my relationship before this hook-up was with a promiscous man, which how I got this... I remember how I felt after finding out, I felt extremely betrayed because I trusted him and even after I knew 100% how I got and asked him about it, he still pretended he was clean.. He is not a good man, but this young man I hooked-up with for one night is a wonderful person, I can tell even if I hadn't known him the year I've known the other. I feel truly awful for what had happened, but I'm worried I may have played it too cool when I called and he may think I have no remorse for what I'd done, but I'm also worried if I text him now with a follow-up apology it will freak him out about the situation... What is my best option now?
    • Just-a-diagnoses
      By Just-a-diagnoses
      So I have a question.  I was diagnosed almost 7 years ago.  I am getting ready to enter the dating scene so I had a disclosure conversation with my OBGYN and my general MD.  Their responses were very different and I wanted to share them to get an opinion.  (Note: My infection came from a boyfriend that was infected a few months prior and was not aware so I was infected when he was most contagious in the first year ) 

My OBGYN said with the length of infection my virus is very weak due to my antibodies.  He said being a female and transmitting to a male is low anyway (4% per year) and because I am very healthy, do natural antivirals, work out, eating habits are impeccable, and my outbreaks are few and far between and my last one was gone in less than 5 days from start to finish... He believes me under that 4% per year.  He stated he has researched it, and obviously has patients that have it so he sees things first hand....and he stated at this point disclosure is up to me.  He said in his professional experience the percentage of risk at this point is so low that it does not warrant the stress it may cause to the relationship to disclose.  He said though you will test positive for your entire life, it is very weak after 2 years of infection. There in an ER doctor that is HSV2 negative and dated a nurse that was HSV2 positive and she stressed telling him....when she finally told him he said "Herpes? All this stress over herpes? That is nothing." And went on about their relationship normally.  He said the same thing, she had the infection for over 5 years so the virus was weak.  I am also in my early forties.  He said the chances of me meeting someone that already has it (even if they are unaware) is very high. And if I tell them they may get a false negative (if they have had no BOs to develope antibodies and the virus has been dormant) they may believe I infected them later even though that was not the case.  He said what bothers him the most is the stigma attached to it. He said more people have it than what the statistics say because 80% are silent carriers and most places do not test for it under normal STD testing so they do not even know.   He stated most transmissions happen within the first year of infection when the virus is very active.  He tells patients to do what they feel comfortable doing, but he said disclosure at this point is more stress than it is worth on both partners.  He said he has patients that are HSV2 positive and have not passed it to their negative partners and they do not practice safe sex (only if predome symptoms or soon after an outbreak).  He said he is aware a lot of doctors will disagree based on research, but he stated he bases his professional opinion on being an OBGYN for over 30 years and first hand experience.

My regular MD had a different approach and though he was kind to me, I didn't even want to date after talking to him.  He made it sound like I am more contagious than a room full of people with the flu.  He said I must always use protection and I am always shedding.  According to my OBGYN this is the information that is not based on true life facts and adds to the stigma.  

I am at such a cross roads.  Even the medical community is at odds.  My best friend told me to listen to my OBGYN as his living is based on STDs, vaginas and all that surrounding it.  She said his info is not only based on studies, but what he has seen in true life for over 30 years.  

I will ill be honest, I would want to disclose to a partner....but I agree about the stress thing.  I see stories on here that make me sad....people wearing boxers during sex, taking a butt load of antivirals before hand...talk about taking away the intamacy.  And though I dislike having the virus, there is a man in my life that if I heard he was HSV2 positive (and I wasn't) I would risk it because to me it is nothing more than a minor skin irritation that is not worth walking away from something that could be the greatest thing in my life....it is the STIGMA of it not the actual infection.  And if I had a >4% of getting something that wasn't going to kill me (like HIV, Hepititis) I don't think I would want to know because the stress introduced.  

Comments, opinions, advise are very much welcomed 

• GoldenPassword
      By GoldenPassword
      Hi!
      There is lots of info on the web about how HSV2 can be transmitted. There's so much, but it isn't all very specific so it's been very hard to determine with my particular case. I was diagnosed 7 years ago. Had it, took meds, was gone in a few days. My doc even told me I wouldn't have to worry about it again. And I haven't, totally in the back of my mind. Then a few months ago, my immune system was compromised due to a kidney infection and I started seeing something downstairs that I didn't recognize. Here it was again!!!! Seven years later!!! I had honestly forgotten about it. I'm here because I wanted to know if anyone has any info/experience with breakouts as infrequent as mine have been (so far, at least). I'm Female, and had to disclose this to a Male partner. He did not take it well. We have never been intimate anywhere near the time of either my outbreaks (last time was Feb, and I didn't know him my initial OB). And we had unprotected sex once last Fall. I disclosed to him this week because we were going to become sexual again and with my OB this April, I wanted him to know. Lots of info says there is a 4% chance of it being spread F to M with barrier and no meds, but I just don't know how much that relates to someone who has had two outbreaks in 7 years. Please help with any advice or links!!!! 
    • Ribbon35
      By Ribbon35
      I am wondering is there some way to legally request from someone who has infected you with paperwork to show whether or not they are actually positive with the virus? The reason why I ask is I was sleeping with someone who told me that he was clean from the beginning. He seemed to emphasize it a little too much it felt. And when we would use condoms he would always want to take it off. After about the 5th time we had sex I was infected. The way I found out was quite traumatizing because the last time we had sex we used a condom however when we were finished we just turned around and went to sleep and the condom I never saw again after he put it on his penis.
      Four days later I was feeling pain from what I thought was a tear in my vagina. So I went to Urgent Care to see what the issue was they saw the tear and said that they wanted to check me internally to make sure there was no infection preventing the tear to heal properly. When they went inside they found a condom. It had been there for 4 days. He never mentioned the condom had not stayed on. So the doctor sends me home and tells me to soak in Epsom salt.
      Two days later and the pain is excruciating in my vagina. Hurts to pee hurts to walk my lymph nodes are swollen I'm feeling like the bottom half of my body has the flu followed by urinary retention UTI. So I started doing research online about how I could possibly feel like this and all the symptoms pointed towards hsv2. So I take myself back to Urgent Care and upon one look down in my vagina area where the tear once was now looks completely different and the doctor immediately diagnosis it as hsv2. She takes a swab and long story short 3 days later it comes up positive. He now tells me he had no idea that he had HSV and that he is sure that someone would have told him had they contracted it from him in the past. He even tried to downplay how often we had sex. He was like we only had sex like twice. That was a complete and utter lie I was appalled. He even went on to say he's been tested and that he has a clean bill of health. He never showed me this clean bill of health and even said he went and tested for HSV after finding out about me but he never showed me the results. I must admit I never really asked. This happened back in March so now moving forward 3 months later I've had abtotal of 4 breakouts and am really down and out about it and feeling misled and wondering if he really knew he had this all along. There's no way for me to tell but I have been considering requesting it from him but the timing just seems like a little too late?
      I don't know what do you guys think is there any way to legally request such documents so that he has to tell me the truth and can't beat around the bush about it? 
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • RainyDay2
      My comment was about THE BLOOD TEST!  You’re 95-100% accuracy for it?  Garbage.  Pure garbage.  You might as well have pulled that number out of your ass. Google search HIV accuracy... almost every medical site will tell you 4th generation HIV testing is as close to 99.9% percent you can possibly get after a certain period of elapsed time.  They will pretty much GUARANTEE you that you are indeed negative if you have a negative test. That defined certainty of accuracy WILL NOT AND CAN NOT be found for HSV blood tests.  You get vague descriptions of it’s accuracy from almost every site you visit.  NO CERTAINTIES.  Thousands of us on these forums KNOW the test isn’t accurate. When your score is between 1.1 and 3.5, this could be a false positive.  Certain sites list almost 1 in 2 tests can be false positives.  50 fucking percent!! And you want me to believe the test is 95-100% accurate? How come so many sites also seem to dance around the possibility of false negatives?   All that isn’t necessary in HIV testing.  Because if YOU DO get a low positive, the confirmatory HIV test checks for the actual VIRUS in your system.   And there are almost NO FALSE NEGATIVES.    NO HSV BLOOD TEST CAN DO THAT! Not even the Western Blot.  At the end of the day, it’s just a more detailed look at antibodies.  And many sites will tell you a “small” number of people may never develop. How small are we talking???? That can be any number.   Trash. And again, a large margin of people with herpes DO NOT GET LESIONS to be swabbed.  Google tells you that.  If majority of herpes infected have nothing to swab,  well that pretty much makes PCRs and cultures worthless for the most part doesn’t it?  If there is nothing to swab after a year, in your words, you are clear of herpes. BULLSHIT! So Wilso, just stop it.  You have never done scientific testing in a lab yourself on herpes. You are not a doctor.  You are constantly telling people false information.  Assuring them of promises you have no authority to make.  I’ve seen you do it time and time again.  Do you have regrets???????????  Im tired of your lies.  
    • WilsoInAus
      @Talx2520 based on what you say, Im not sure the odds exceed 50/50 that you have genital herpes. If you take a random genital infection from vaginal sex then about 95% of the time it’s HSV-2. How long after the episode was the blood test?
    • Talx2520
      Thanks for the response! My first suspected outbreak was definitely painful. Started with what felt like a UTI, then noticed what looked like ulcers starting 1.5 days after unprotected sex. Never scabbed over, but I had a horrible itch that lasted 2  weeks (didn't feel like yeast). Given my symptoms, I've pretty sure its genital herpes, but I mean it could have been some allergy (I had extremely rough intercourse in the middle of the wilderness, sorry if that is tmi lol and maybe naive of me to think it was a weird plant). Both my mom, sister, and grandma get coldsores and I feel like i've totally shared drinks with them even during their outbreaks. Can't remember if I ever had one though. I am not totally sure how I should go about disclosing in general. Should I mention I had a full panel and hsv-1 came up positive and that I am not sure where it is? I really wish I had just gotten it swabbed, but couldn't afford it without insurance at the time. I was under the impression that if it was herpes, it would come back and I could get it swabbed, but I realize now that with HSV-1 that isnt always the case. 
    • WilsoInAus
      @viralfrog given your symptoms do not react to any known antiviral doesn thatvsuggest these are not herpes lesion?  Lets apply Occam’s razor here.
    • viralfrog
      @Lulupazoola I have tried with a straw but it's difficult to create enough suction if the straw is deep enough in your throat  After drinking 6g from a shotglass I immediately drink a glass of water to dilute it down the throat.  Little update: blisters, redness and lethargy are back today. I'm still off the antivirals completely and my outbreaks are not any worse than usual for now. That's interesting, it seems I don't react at all to Acyclovir.   

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.