World's Largest Herpes Support Group
court87

New to this and hoping to meet someone/people in the same boat.

court87

I'm glad i finally found a site for my mate living with this Stigma after spending several months on google,i have been positive about 9 months and it has not been easy but i'm trying to deal with it and live my life like every other person,i'm very healthy and I have taken control of my life. I want to experience what is call love again, I have been to some sites in search of friends but they suddenly stop talking whenever i tell them of my status,being lonely in this situation kills faster, am asking is it possible to find someone of the same status online for serious relationship? I am so tormented with being lonely with no one to share my worries with, someone who can give me a hug and tell me its alright and help me understand my situation better as we share the same status?Life is too short to spend it alone. I don't need someone to take care of me I am just hoping to find someone who knows what they want out of life and just wants to make it better, easier, simpler & prettier,  here is my contct ( courtney_ad82 at yahu dot cum ).

WarriorKing

Please disregard the stigma. It is fake. It is something mean people created, like they created for people of different color skin, or big noses, or buck teeth.

There are many people in this life that would welcome your love.

Lisajd
On Tuesday, December 06, 2016 at 1:53 AM, court87 said:

am so tormented with being lonely with no one to share my worries with, someone who can give me a hug and tell me its alright and help me understand my situation better as we share the same status?Life is too short to spend it alone

I know we all want love but you cant rely on a partner to.make you happy.  Do you have friends?  There are those accepting out there you just have to find them.   The stigma is based on the dark ages.pple who make jokes or judge are uneducated and will judge all for other things.  No needed in my life. Hsv sorts out pple you dont want in your life

g22s

I am extremely new to this (diagnosed a week ago) I have already disclosed to my mum, 3 very close friends- the amount of support from these people has been so helpful especially after the shock and depressing emotions of finding out. I also very recently, disclosed with my sexual partner (not my bf- we are not in a relationship) who is completely fine and happy to continue having unprotected sex with me. I think disclosing, whatever the outcome is always best and more often than not results in a positive outcome 

The fact that my current sexual partner who does not have any deep feelings for me, is supportive and okay about it gives me hope that my life partner in the future will be too. To be honest whoever isn't okay with it is a douchebag and doesn't deserve you anyways! There will be someone who loves you for all of you, HSV included!

sclg

@court87 This is such a hard thing! Being new and adjusting is the worst part. 

The thing to remind yourself is that you have a common skin condition. That's it. Any shame or embarrassment has been created by the pharmaceutical companies to sell more drugs, or by the fact that sex is taboo in our society. 

It's just like having a zit, or having a rash from poison oak. Literally the same, but just that we've been told to be ashamed of it. Just remind yourself-- it's a common skin condition. Nothing more. 

I've had herpes for 10 years. I got it when I was 18 and I'm now 28. I've never been with someone else who also has it, but I have been in serious relationships (lasting between 2-6 years a piece). When I was first diagnosed I felt like no one would ever want to be with me unless they also had herpes. This has NOT been the case. In fact none of my partners have had herpes and these partners have been nothing but supportive. 

I am always nervous telling a new partner but most times people react by saying "oh, yeah I've dating someone with this before, no big deal." Literally, the last two people I told stopped me mid-sentence to say "yeah, that's cool. no big deal."

The thing is that you are NOT alone, and your ARE lovable. This does not change who you are as a person. Remember, this is no different than if you had eczema or another skin condition, we are just told to be ashamed.