needshelp

Herpes Picture (Help)

30 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I received unprotected oral sex about 17 days ago. I went in for an exam on the 10th day of exposure: negative for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, RNA (HIV), and Herpes both HSV1 and HSV2 (too soon for new infection). I plan on testing around four weeks from exposure to ease my nerves and then again at eight weeks to confirm diagnose.  

Recently I've had pain/discomfort in my right groin area (lymph nodes), testicular discomfort, and slight pain on tip of my penis (no discharge at this point). 

Yesterday, I've noticed a small bump near my urethra (lower left side in the pictures). It isn't painful to touch, it hasn't bubbled up, and I've had no flu-like symptoms. 

I've been going crazy these past 17 days and although I am not looking for diagnose (I know I need to see a professional and will). I am just looking for some kind inclination of whether or not this is something to be concerned about. So my questions are: 

1. Does this look like a mild herpes outbreak? 

2. Does this look like herpes at all? 

2016-12-05 19.09.50.jpg

Why is this episode of concern for you?

For everything except HSV-1 we are talking zero risk. As a primary infection HSV would cause lesions.

Yout pic looks normal, just another day for us guys in our jocks.

Never say never Wilso. I had no lesions with primary infection. No lesions since either.

Edited by Constant Diplomat

So can I get an answer, should I be worried about hsv based on my symptons? 

Also the unprotected oral sex was from a stripper it lasted maybe a few minutes before I stopped it. 

As indicated by the guys it looks normal.  Unless she had an active cold sore its unlikely to transmit.  Maybe you need to think about visit8ng sex workers if you are worried about stds.  

Newtothisandscared likes this

Lisa, 

You are right, I got way too drunk and went with a bunch of "friends" that bought me that dance. Turns out they bought more than just a dance and now I'm freaked out. I didnt think they did that kind of stuff at stripclubs so easily. 

I've told my wife what happend the next day and she is going to leave me if I caught anything. My world is upside down right now, I'm hypersenstive to anything at this point, hence the post. I understand I never should have put myself in that situation, but I didnt think thats where it'd end up. 

Can anyone comment:

1. Does this look like a mild herpes outbreak? 

2. Does this look like herpes at all? 

1 hour ago, Constant Diplomat said:

Never say never Wilso. I had no lesions with primary infection. No lesions since either.

You may have had internal lesions to your urethra though??

Update: I've had a light burning sensation in my tip. Should I be worried or am self diagnosing? 

Ive read that if I had a gential hsv1 outbreak it would hurt really bad. Once again now im 18 days out.

Yeah I get it, I'm just freaked out right now considering the pain is now constant. But I dont have any signs, so in my head im automaically assuming this herpes. Since its too soon for me to go in the get a test im thinking that I might have it. 

I apologize for being a pain. 

I am 18 days from exposure, I have pain/discomfort in my right groin area (lymph nodes), testicular discomfort, and slight pain/burning on the tip of my penis. 

1st picture is what I was first concerned about (It's also been about three days since I noticed the pain and bump. It hasn't opened up). 

2nd picture is the second one I noticed tonight. 

My questions: 

1. Does this look like herpes? Does it have to blister for it to be consider? 

2. Should I try and get a PCR swab to find out? Will a PCR work? 

I really appreciate all of the advice and comments from everyone - this has been the only thing that has kept me sane. 

Thank you @Lisajd @WilsoInAus @Sean123 @Constant Diplomat .

2016-12-06 21.43.49.jpg

2016-12-06 21.45.22.jpg

That looks like fungus to me.  But....  Apparently it can look like anything.

When an ex-gf gave me a yeast infection 18 mos ago, I immediately had us both tested.

Both negative for hsv2.  I have tested 3 times since.  Mostly out of paranoia.

I am not afraid to admit it.  I dont like pain.  I love cycling, too.....

Go to sleep, man.  Rest.

Dude, this isn't Tinder, stop shopping your cock around for likes, lol.

Seriously, I don't see anything

@Di$cordant not sure what you mean by it can look like anything? Should I get it checked and PCR swabbed? 

@Free73 lol I dont mean to show my junk around. Those spots are usually not there so Im freaked out. 

Damn I'm spiraling into a anxiety ridden depression. That is taking over my life. I'm trying to find some signs that I dont have herpes to get me through waiting to test. 

If this is HSV you are getting a very mild OB for the first and that is unusual. There are a lot of bacterial and fungal infections that do strange things to the body. Only the test will tell.

Look up the power of suggestion and what it can do to your body!!!!!!!! Guilt has a very strong power over us and can manifest things you would never imagine!

And really, nice friends??? Could not find a flame thrower to play with????

Newtothisandscared likes this

@SureWhyNot - thank you for the advice - most of what I was showing on the pictures have subsided (three days total) I just got freaked out because I've read that this still could be an outbreak. But it still should have taken longer to heal right? 

As for the "friends" I was with, thought it would be a great way to pay me back for buying drinks at a bar before and at the strip club. So, instead of splitting the bill they decided to throw a lap dance with a little extra. Unfortunately I was so far drunk - that I didn't realize what was happening till it happened. I don't even remember what she looked like or if she had sores. I know I put myself in that situation - so I am not trying to minimize my involvement. But I never wanted that shit to happen.  

I would not want to do a survey on how many of us came in contact with the virus when there was alcohol involved. This also shows that a weakened state would have allowed a virus, that our body could fight, an easy way in. Stress is the next best entry system.

Sounds like you dodged the HSV bullet but may still be fighting a bacterial or fungal contact and that would be much easier to deal with. Or just your conscience and you are on your own with that one. Would not hurt to get tested just to put your mind at ease. We live and learn and it never seems to be the easy way. Humans, go figure!

Thanks eveyone for the support here. I'll update everyone once I get some results. 

I do want to go in at four weeks just to help the waiting process.

I'm even considering going into to get the little bumped a pcr swab tomorrow. Not sure if that would do anything. But at this point anything to help pass the time.

To rephrase my question will a pcr swab work if its not from an open lesion/sore?

Hey everyone, 

Just a quick update - I got tested nine weeks out and HSV1 - HSV2 Igg <0.91 negative so far. I plan to test again at 13 weeks out. But hopefully this is a good sign. 

I want to thank everyone on this forum for being a huge help and support system. You guys really rock. 

Chris

LillianPanos and lali like this

:D

Edited by YammyTea

A good sign? You can pretty much take that as a clear negative. 

Over 90% of people infected with a primary infection would reveal antibodies by now.

It is likely that you have not been infected with HSV prior to the 'stripper' incident as attested to by the negatives. This is significant as HSV-1 genitally is a gate crasher. There is usually no doubt surrounding an infection as your body has no defences against HSV. Ambiguous symptoms are not usual with a primary infection, these are experienced mainly by people with HSV-1 who subsequently acquire HSV-2.

There is a chance that HSV-1 infections are missed by a blood test, which is suggested occurs about 10% of the time. This is usually experienced by those with long term infections, those infected as young children. This is significant as males with an established oral infection will not become infected genitally with any pragmatic probability.

@WilsoInAus - thanks for the information - I am going in next week (13th week) to be sure. You've been a big help here.