World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Strawberrycupcake

Effects me mentally and physically

Strawberrycupcake

Even though I've had herpes hsv2 for more than a year it's still effects the way I think about things and how annoyed I get when I get a outbreak. Me and my ex partner both got it but we are no longer together anymore and he wanted to end things after a year of finding out we had it. at first I was really upset because I thought I will miss him but most of all we never had to explain ourselves to eachother because we knew what we had and we could always talk about things if it was on our minds but now his gone I literally think will I ever find someone that will understand and accept me for me. Getting told I got hsv2 at 18 came as a big shock and I thought how much it will effect my self confidence because of this I now suffer with depression and anxiety. I know it's mind over matter and I should change the way I think and I shouldn't let it define me but it's easier said than done. Being In a world full of judgemental people is hard. I just can't wait until the day I've come to terms with it and over come my negative thinking. But the only person that can change that is myself. 

Free73

The wold isn't full of judgemental people.......when you think like that, you are being judgemental yourself. So if you want to overcome the negative thinking, then start with that.

You are 19, so stop worrying so much about relationships and get on with living your life. You have so much ahead of you that doesn't involve relationships, so start living. You have plenty of time in front of you to worry about relationships

Take care

WilsoInAus

I also see you are in the UK. How were you diagnosed with HSV-2? Do you suffer outbreaks?

Strawberrycupcake

Hi wilsoinaus I was diagnosed from a sexual health clinic. I suddenly got flu like symptoms, and I was getting very painful sores down their. I automatically knew something wasn't right. so I went and got tested and it's like the nurses knew something wasn't right down their. Because I never looked how bad it was down there. The results came back a week later that I tested positive for genital herpes and now it's been over a year and a half since I've had it and I still suffer from a lot of outbreaks. I hope it get less with in time.

Lisajd

It is important to understand the reasons why you are getting outbreaks generally in the first year people can be prone to more and it is very much dependent on your immune system.   Usually people who suffer constant outbreaks would go on antivirals for a good year or so but I suggest you also look at what else is going on in your life.  You say you have still been struggling with this mentally so your outbreaks could be caused by any depression of stress that you are facing plus diet so have a look at what else is happening for you

herpesderpes

Lisajd if you don't mind me asking, how frequent are your outbreaks?

I've only had a primary outbreak so far and there seems to be such a variation of what people go through, some appear to only have a few mild ones and others are just plagued by it. I guess this kind of forum is more likely to draw the latter who are at the end of their tether as those who only suffer mildly, or asymptomatically are more likely to have a more 'normal' life but reading some of these stories just fills me with dread. :(

Lisajd

Yeah there are variations in the symptoms and frequency.  Im on a few sg sites and some get frequent obs and nerve pain. But in saying that most of them are stressed.  Ive been lucky but ive also always been healthy.  But again some people are healthy and get symptoms. 

My primary was a walk in the park. Since then in 18 mths ive had 3 reoccurrences but only 1 or 2 spots and were stress related.  

All i can say is try not to think what might happen.  Thats the stress that causes symptoms.