World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Tiberius

Negative 16 Weeks..Still have that burning sensation

Tiberius

Tests came back negative...Still have that burning sensation on/near my tail bone.  It appears I am not alone and many have this sensation/burning/itching on legs/buttocks etc (no lesions).  

Test should be conclusive I am guessing, if not what other disease are we mistaking it for?  My only guess is shingles due to stress/worrying over it.   Which would not show up on a test, but give off the same symptoms. 

It seems that no one has ever been able to be firmly diagnosed after they ruled out HSV 2.  I should mention, I do get pop up rashes/bumps that look like an outbreak will happen but they disappear rather quick.  

Taking my test as conclusive but not seem satisfying as my symptoms are still present.  

Seeker1960
50 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Tests came back negative...Still have that burning sensation on/near my tail bone.  It appears I am not alone and many have this sensation/burning/itching on legs/buttocks etc (no lesions).  

Test should be conclusive I am guessing, if not what other disease are we mistaking it for?  My only guess is shingles due to stress/worrying over it.   Which would not show up on a test, but give off the same symptoms. 

It seems that no one has ever been able to be firmly diagnosed after they ruled out HSV 2.  I should mention, I do get pop up rashes/bumps that look like an outbreak will happen but they disappear rather quick.  

Taking my test as conclusive but not seem satisfying as my symptoms are still present.  

I don't know what kind of encounter that your hadog or how long after that encounter that your started today get these symptoms. The itching and burning symptoms were my first symptoms and have lingered for the pasata 11 months to greater and lesser degrees.

I tested negative for HSV1 & 2 via IgG for over 4 months. I tested positive for HSV1 via Western Blot at 17 weeks and positive for HSV1 via IgG at 9 months. I still test negative for HSV2.

Blood tests may not be accurate if you are having symptoms and may have built up antibodies. I believe HSV1 to be the cause of my nueralgia but you will find that there are people here who are self described "experts" who will say that HSV does not cause burning and itching except during a primary outbreak.

I know that my symptoms began after an encounter with an HSV 1&2 positive female.

So if you continue to have burning and itching that cannot be explained as having a fugal, bacterial or other cause and it began after a sexual encouter with an HSV positive person then it could be HSV related.

I am not a Doctor or medical professional and I dont offer you any diagnosis. I am just an H sufferer who is sharing my experiences and opinions.

Good luck in your search for answers.

Tiberius

^ thanks for the reply...  I read that HSV 2 shows up quicker than HSV 1 sometimes...  However the symptoms are quite odd. You make a good point that maybe with no outbreak the virus has not settled yet hence no detection.  

Although @ 16 weeks one would think it would have had plenty of time given that my symptoms seemed to be daily.  

WilsoInAus

@Seeker1960 no pot shot please, keep your personal issues off the board, thank you. Also keep to the facts, there is no diagnosis in your case of genital herpes, no doctor believes that to be the case and there are stress overlay complications that you seem to have omitted. There are no 'experts' on this Board and I think some maturity is required instead of veiled nastiness. There are simply lovely people trying to help those in need. Your HSV-1 testing outcomes are perfectly normal for people who have had the virus 20-30 years plus.

Good luck, I hope you work out what is wrong with you soon, all ailments, all ends, all worlds, all tangos!

Edited by WilsoInAus

WilsoInAus

@Tiberius your conclusion is correct as unsatisfying as it is. You are far from alone in the symptoms that you describe, I guess the issue is that people do end up feeling they have the ailment of the websites that they happen to find. In almost every case, people with the symptoms you describe absent lesions is not due to herpes, even if they actually have HSV, and many do not.

A nerve issue may be at play here, a stressed or injured nerve from your back or pelvis etc. You really will need to follow up with your doctor, or maybe just investigate good spinal health through the various practioners in this arena.

What made you think herpes was a possibility in the first instance? Was there a partner of concern? An episode of concern?

Lisajd

There are a lot of people with nerve related issues after h not just on this support site

Tiberius
18 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

@Tiberius your conclusion is correct as unsatisfying as it is. You are far from alone in the symptoms that you describe, I guess the issue is that people do end up feeling they have the ailment of the websites that they happen to find. In almost every case, people with the symptoms you describe absent lesions is not due to herpes, even if they actually have HSV, and many do not.

A nerve issue may be at play here, a stressed or injured nerve from your back or pelvis etc. You really will need to follow up with your doctor, or maybe just investigate good spinal health through the various practioners in this arena.

What made you think herpes was a possibility in the first instance? Was there a partner of concern? An episode of concern?

Thanks for the reply and your insight.  My reasons to suspect HSV is I had a perfect line of burny/red dots on my arm..(not genitals which is odd) then circular itchy/burny rash slightly above buttocks.  Symptoms I had seemed to be herpes (then again everything can as well).  Nothing ever in my genital region.  Shingles is my conclusion after blood test.  just odd it came one month after a suspect partner in August.    I had constant itching from this time after and I never had it before.  

Given that my 16 week blood test is negative...maybe I do need to follow up with a spinal health with a practioner....   Just very odd I went from near perfect health to having issues after this sexual encounter and never quite felt the same.