World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Tiberius

Testing negative but shingles is the culprit?

Tiberius

had a row of itching bumps on my arm... 3 pimple looking things that itched like crazy/burned  a bit....then on the same side of my body lower back above buttocks a larger burny rash that left a decent scar.  I feared the worst as I had all the symptoms of hsv2.....took antivirals and whatever I had cleared up (or maybe it was just timing).  

I'm not alone with those who test negative but still have that tingling/burning etc. symptoms.  No one has been clearly diagnosed too.  Is it possible this is all shingles related?/

1) won't appear on a test

2) same symptoms as HSV2 

3) prodome (sp) very similar....

Should I put HSV 2 behind me and just believe it was shingles or what else has similar symptoms.  Just odd we all get this after a suspect sexual partner and it does not seem to subside. (clearly can't be mental for all of us).

SureWhyNot

I just went through a spell with my gp. I know I have gHSV, never typed so I assume 2. I started getting Sacral OB's and didn't tell my new dr I have gHSV because I wanted to get typed and see my viral load. Won't do that as part of testing unless I pay so not important to me after 36yrs. He declared I had shingles because I had chicken pox and it will show that so no point. No matter what I said to him, I had shingles

This is why I use a Naturopathic Dr. Much more open minded and he is treating the symptoms of HSV not shingles! In fact, he is treating my whole body to remove symptoms of anything!

Only time will tell for you. Keep in mind Shingles is contagious too and as you can see drs have no idea as they are happy with their diagnosis that works across the board for everyone. Your 10 minutes are up, next!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • IAmDesperate
      Yeah and the stigma hit me pretty hard since I'm originally from Asia and we don't have sex ed or STD education so the regret and self-hating are as bad as stigma. Hoping is the only way to get me out of suicidal thoughts. I know that a lot has been done and I'm glad. I just hope they continue with the hsv research instead of abandoning it cuz it's not life-threatening and I also hope that the big pharma conspiracy isn't real.
    • Dvm
    • blurneworder
      @Dvm, he says this to almost everyone.  Best ignore his bad advice 
    • Dvm
      Thx so much. However HSV can affect the trigeminal nerve/from post herpetic neuralgia and can actually cause all these symptoms. Some people, once affected can have short term symptoms,  while others have sporadic flare ups and some are permanently affected. Gabapentin for trigeminal neuralgia, prescribed by my neurologist, did help me for some time,  but I'm glad to be off it.  Hope my post helps someone w similar issues who havent gotten help from primary care Dr.
    • WilsoInAus
      @Dvm you can be assured that HSV is not the cause of these issues. As you have found, it’s likely a spinal issue and it sounds like you have found some help. Stick with that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.