World's Largest Herpes Support Group
g22s

Outbreak frequency?

g22s

I had my diagnosis of HSV2 and first outbreak a week ago, it was excruciating and emotionally draining but recovered with the help of anti viral medication and positive support from friends and family I disclosed to. 

Since recovering, I put myself under immense stress prior to disclosing to my sexual partner who was (thankfully) fine with it, so much so he insisted on being okay with having unprotected sex. After a couple of rough sessions in the bedroom I got home and noticed a tiny lesion on my opening that looks exactly how my first ones appeared.  

Now that I think about it I have had some headaches and some genital burning/ leg pain but I put it down to still recovering from the first outbreak and being so stressed about disclosing.

I am assuming the rough sex and stress triggered this new outbreak and I should start taking my anti viral meds asap to clear the symptoms up? Just that I literally only just recovered from my first one, is this normal?  This makes me worried I am going to have an outbreak after every time I have sex! Help! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • IAmDesperate
      Yeah and the stigma hit me pretty hard since I'm originally from Asia and we don't have sex ed or STD education so the regret and self-hating are as bad as stigma. Hoping is the only way to get me out of suicidal thoughts. I know that a lot has been done and I'm glad. I just hope they continue with the hsv research instead of abandoning it cuz it's not life-threatening and I also hope that the big pharma conspiracy isn't real.
    • Dvm
    • blurneworder
      @Dvm, he says this to almost everyone.  Best ignore his bad advice 
    • Dvm
      Thx so much. However HSV can affect the trigeminal nerve/from post herpetic neuralgia and can actually cause all these symptoms. Some people, once affected can have short term symptoms,  while others have sporadic flare ups and some are permanently affected. Gabapentin for trigeminal neuralgia, prescribed by my neurologist, did help me for some time,  but I'm glad to be off it.  Hope my post helps someone w similar issues who havent gotten help from primary care Dr.
    • WilsoInAus
      @Dvm you can be assured that HSV is not the cause of these issues. As you have found, it’s likely a spinal issue and it sounds like you have found some help. Stick with that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.