World's Largest Herpes Support Group
theuniverseisagainstme

I'm Ruined now what?

theuniverseisagainstme

I am only 19, and I have always had safe sex, how could this have happened? And now I have to live with it forever? I really planned on leaving my boyfriend after he first hit me but it was a really scary situation. I finally felt like I had the courage to leave him and get away from the abuse. But now this? He is the only one who knows. I have no one else to tell. And I can't ever be with someone else or tell someone else. I feel stuck with him. And I feel helpless. It is my first semester of finals at college. How am I gonna  get through?

Blahdittilyblah

Hello and I hope you feel better soon about your circumstances. I can say that regardless of H you shouldn't stay in an abusive relationship beciasue of this. If you are being abused in any manner you should leave immediately and do not fear leaving there is help you can get to be safe again. Also have you been tested how do you know you have H. What type do you have and where. Have you had an OB etc. a lot of members here can tell you that your love life is not over. Many have been married for years to partners who are not infected and have not infected them ever. With that being said you will find love in the future according to others here. Although it may be a difficult thing to reveal as I still struggle with gathering the courage to disclose although I always will eventually we become comfortable again with who we are as a person which is the same before H we just lost that reality along the way. If you need help and support we're all available. You can message me and other members if you need a lift or advice. 

Free73

I am really sorry you find yourself in this situation, but you simply have to find the courage to leave your abusive boyfriend. Herpes is irrelevant, you need to look after your physical and mental health and get away from an abusive relationship. Don't even try to rationalise it in your mind, just leave and never look back.

Is there a college counsellor you can go to for help?

Felix12

Like the others have said, herpes is irrelevant in your situation. It's a common and normal human condition. Physical abuse is not. You are young and will find love with someone who will treat you right. Herpes will be nothing more than a filter to measure the strength of any future partner. It will actually guide you to a great man. Disclosure sucks, but in a way it forces us to be confident. And nothing is more sexy and appealing than that.

Sansa218

Hi Universe.....I am so sorry you are in this situation.  You are young and in a difficult situation, but maybe try to take a deep breath and take stock for a minute.   First of all, if you are having an outbreak, see if you can get some treatment/relief to help you through finals.   If you haven't been officially tested and are having an OB, now is a good time to do that.  If you aren't having an OB right now, try to dive into studying for your finals.  It will distract you from what you are feeling, and it's good for you in terms of the bigger picture.  Also, try to take care of yourself - eat well, get some sleep, take breaks with friends.   You don't need to tell any friends about herpes now if you don't want to.  It can wait and you can talk to us.  I am not saying this will be easy, it is stressful I know, and you are feeling down.  Just try to block the feelings of fear and despair.  Put them aside for now and reassure yourself that you can go back to these feelings after finals.

As for your boyfriend - NO ONE deserves to be physically hurt by a partner, no matter what.  I would suggest going to your university's counseling center, as mentioned above.   You do need to leave the relationship, when you decide it is safe to do, without putting yourself at further risk. If there is any way you can minimize contact with him, please try to do that.  Let people help you. Let people know where you are, and tell them if you need them. If you have friends who know he's hit you, let them or ask them rally around you for support and protection.  You are important and you WILL have a meaningful and productive life.  Herpes is not life-ending, although it can call for some life adjusting.  

You have a lot going on all at once, but I think you are actually moving in the right direction.  You found your way here for support, you know you're in a bad situation with your BF, and you know finals are important.  Your mental health and well being are important to you too.  You are trying very hard to take care of yourself, so give yourself some credit....you ARE going to get through this, you are strong.  Hang in there, talk to us, and try to focus yourself on what's next in your to-do list as you approach finals.  Do what has to be done (study, prepare) and try to just focus on that alone for each time.  One thing at a time., OK?  We'll be thinking of you.

Sansa218

Blah, Free and Felix - I appreciate that you, as men, have responded so quickly and supportively (is that a word?) to Universe, and I am sure she does too.  Men standing up against abuse in relationships is really important.  It really helps women to know that there are men who absolutely get that hurting women is wrong.  Thank you.

luvurself16

I have met women with genital herpes that meet soul mates and start a family. First focus on yourself and complete your studies. 

SureWhyNot

I am sorry you found this type so young in life. First, stop telling yourself you are ruined!!!! You have a virus that comes and goes and makes you think about how to do healthy things for yourself to avoid it.

I assume your now boyfriend passed this on to you, the one who hit you. That would be part of his Control Over You. Thinking you have to stay with him, because of this, is wrong! You would fight against a rope he had around your neck so look at this the same way. I know it is hard to get away from a violent person. As was suggested, tell all your friends and family about his actions to you, no need to tell about a virus or any health related issue beyond your mental state and fear about him. His power is your weakness, he feeds off it. Keep your phone handy to record anything that is threatening to you in case you need proof to take to authorities or police for protection. Do not antagonize him or engage in arguments, you can't win. Find your inner strength to face him, do not show fear as that empowers him. I had problems with 2 stalker types and they only stopped when the police got involved. I was lucky they were not more vicious. I wish I had THE ANSWER for you but every situation is different so get out before it gets worse!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• KatJ
      By KatJ
      I was diagnosed almost a year ago and have always struggled to find an outlet or any support. I stumbled upon this site when researching a new rash. I’ve constantly struggled with dealing with my herpes, especially since I got it due to being raped.
      I hope to be able to talk to some people with similar experiences and problems. I have HSV1 in the genital region. Does anybody else deal with that as well? 
    • Learningtolivewithhsv
      By Learningtolivewithhsv
      So I am new to the herpes world. I was diagnosed with ghsv-1 on May 17th. I was dating two guys at once (one I was sexually active with and someone else). The last person I had sex with, I am pretty sure he’s the one that gave it to me. I did disclose to all of my sex partners using text free because I was too embarrassed to reveal myself. But anyway, today I disclosed to the other guy I was seeing when I found out that I was gHSV-1 positive. We have been seeing one another one to two time a week and have planned basically our whole summer out. Even though he wanted to take it slow we are most definitely sexually attracted to one another and planned on having sex somewhere along the lines. This morning I decided to disclose via text that I have ghsv-1. I gave him some fact/transmission rates and have left everything in his hands. He’s currently at work and asked if it’ll be okay for him to call me when he gets off. Let’s see how this turns out. I am prepared for the worst, but hoping for the best. I will keep you guys posted.
    • Learningtolivewithhsv
      By Learningtolivewithhsv
      So I just found out that I have herpes a little over two weeks ago. I am pretty sure I know who I contracted it from, but that is neither here nor there. I was dating two people (only sexually active with one). I no longer converse with the guy who I’ve contracted this from, but kept in contact with the other guy, let’s call him PT and we’ve been hitting it off really well. Sex isn’t really on the table for us because we both said that we wanted to wait for sex until we get to know one another better because we don’t want to rush anything. I can see something more forming between the two of us even though it’s still new. I want to tell him now, but I also want to get to know him better before disclosing this to him. We have a couple of dates lined up. What should I do? Please help
    • Learningtolivewithhsv
      By Learningtolivewithhsv
      So I have recently been diagnosed with ghsv-1. I am traveling to Mexico soon tomorrow and my outbreak hasn’t completely healed as of yet. It’s been a week since taking the medicine and about a week and a half before noticing the outbreak. Even though it’s not painful to pass urine anymore but I’ve been pooping a lot and feel like I’m getting another outbreak inside of my anus. Are there any essentials that I should pack in order to subside the pain? Whilst home I’ve been taking epsom salt baths and adding tea tree oil to my sores. 
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • viralfrog
      Little update again:  No improvements for me, still getting the same: constant redness on my penis, with tiny blisters forming as the old ones heal. This is together with continuous lethargy and a pulsating pain in my right groin lymph node. I also have sleeping problems, that are associated with the outbreaks. Usually, if the OB gets slightly better, I'll also sleep better. But right now, I wake up every morning too early like 6:30 feeling like my body is fighting something and I can't relax and sleep anymore. I get under 7 hours of sleep each night, but my body needs around 8-9 to feel normal. Unlike some others, I'm extremely sensitive to having enough sleep, which is also related to my heavy workouts. Of course it could be also the other way around, that I'm getting OBs because of poor sleep.  I went to get my bloods tested about a month ago and everything came back as normal (full blood count, thyroids etc.) but I found my vitamin D levels were low. I've been since spending a bit more time in the sun (normally avoid it) and eating a Vitamin D3 supplement daily (5000iu) without improvements to my OBs. I'm so disappointed, as I already got exited being onto something after finding that low Vitamin D-levels are associated inability of the body to fight viral diseases. Based on my research, 5000iu of D3 for several weeks should've definitely increased the levels by now, so I doubt that was the cause  . My testosterone and estradiol levels were also a bit high as I just changed testosterone medication, but I have confirmed in the past that this is not likely the cause.  My cortisol level was 17.3 ug% measured around 2pm (normal 3.7-19.4 ug% before 10AM, 2.9-17.3 ug% after 5PM). This could suggest that my cortisol levels are a bit high, but they are quite hard to measure and change during the day. I recall @IcantThinkofaName you suggested measuring these. Any comments? This was on a week day without any physical activities beforehand, except riding to the lab on a motorcycle in hot weather. Anyways, I can't really find any info on how to reduce these levels apart of relaxing more. For the record, I have tried quitting the gym completely (etc.).  I used some Xanax on the weekend which made me sleep well and feel much better. But obviously such addictive and strong benzodiazepine is not a long term solution. Next week I will try some cannabis to see if that helps with the sleep. I will get some indica strain and will vape it with a herbal vaporizer.  I will not give up the fight, next to try on the list: Confirm Vitamin D levels are back normal Quit whey protein for a week  Cannabis before bed  Amenalief at a higher dosage (200mg/day) Pritelivir from China Singles/varicella vaccine(?) ... any ideas welcome! 
    • Lost-hope
      If I could just piggy back off your idea and add a suggestion  how about with the same reasons you listed in your original statement, you / we start some type of petition or a mass email chain aimed at 60 minutes asking would they consider such a report ?
    • viralfrog
      That is interesting and I might try to stop it for a while or change brands. The thing is though, that I have been using whey protein daily for the last 10 years. I did change brand some time ago though to a pure, unflavoured whey isolate. I doubt that's the cause, but it's definitely worth a try. I'll see if I can find some alternatives for fast absorbing protein after my workouts. Maybe I can put chicken breast in the blender or similar.  I once tried this before I even hard Herpes and had a terrible side effect. It caused an itchy rash all over my groin.  Protected vaginal sex during days where my immunity was very low. Had been binge drinking on a party island.. but the condom broke, which is when I most likely caught the virus. 
    • Ali83
    • Joel7
      I don't think there's any awareness whatsoever of herpes in China. So I doubt it's a priority. Hopefully our western "awareness" won't spread to China any time soon.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.