World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Trying45

Learning to live with HSV2

Trying45

I found out last week after my annual physical that I am HSV2. More need to request this specific test when having one done. Since doing a lot of research I am prepared if I get an outbreak and I think that is when true reality will happen. Since I have always done the boosting my immune system(I have Fybromyalgia) it might happen or not. But the Dr let me now if I get sick it might trigger my first outbreak. 

Thanks everyone for making me feel okay, I think the hard part to accepting my status is my age. I found some interesting facts about my age group.  

I am remembering all the talks I had with my sons about sex and relationships. I glad I taught them never to judge and why. 

WilsoInAus

Annual physicals often do not apply the right HSV-2 testing. Did you have the IgG type specific for HSV-1 and HSV-2? Have you ever had an outbreak of sores on your genitals?

DirtyKitty

I was just wondering what you found out about your age group?  I am older myself and feel the ob's are worse than ever at this time.  Thanks for sharing.

Trying45
On 12/13/2016 at 5:57 PM, WilsoInAus said:

Annual physicals often do not apply the right HSV-2 testing. Did you have the IgG type specific for HSV-1 and HSV-2? Have you ever had an outbreak of sores on your genitals?

Yes when I get tested I always ask for an STD, herpes and HIV screening and that is how they found out that it is HSV2. I haven't had an OB yet, the doctor thinks I might be asymmetric and that has caused me to totally withdraw. They did tell me if I get sick I more than likely will have an outbreak. 

Trying45
On 12/15/2016 at 0:53 AM, DirtyKitty said:

I was just wondering what you found out about your age group?  I am older myself and feel the ob's are worse than ever at this time.  Thanks for sharing.

I keep reading the same thing. And I terrified about getting my first OB. I wonder if it is because of premenopause and menopause that women feel discomfort more? Thanks for sharing also. 

WilsoInAus

Without an outbreak, it is important to get old of the full details of the test, especially if you have had a negative in the past and suddenly a positive with no symptoms.

Trying45

The guy I was dating for awhile passed it on to me. And a lot of the supplements that are used to boost your immune system I take on a regular basis for my fibromyalgia and that could be delaying my OB

Trying45
12 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

Without an outbreak, it is important to get old of the full details of the test, especially if you have had a negative in the past and suddenly a positive with no symptoms.

But I will request my old test and have the compared with my new results. Thanks for the recommendation! :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Antoinette63
      By Antoinette63
      I’m a woman with HSV-2 in my vaginal area. I’ve never had symptoms orally & was diagnosed from swabs from my vaginal area.
      i gave the woman I’ve been dating for the past 3 weeks oral sex a few days ago, and had “the talk” with her after. She was ok and said we could figure out how to protect her from getting it. Now she’s  having cold symptoms that are getting progressively worse, similar to what I had when I had my first outbreak. I’m very afraid now that I may have HSV2 orally & I just didn’t know I had it & gave it to her. 
      What should I do?? She’s  going to feel like I lied to them. 😩
    • abdull81
      By abdull81
      alsalam aliykom sisters and brothers
      im looking for 7alal inshaAllah .. i have been diagnosed hsv2 since 5 years ago .. my ex wife passed it to me .. i was 32 years old virgin man .. she was my first but ..alhamdulillah i
      believe that every thing happens for reason .. anyway
      im here seeking 7alal so we can complete and love each other .. may Allah make it easy for us to find our ways 

E mail:   mohammed_tempe@hotmail.com
    • Kappa69
      By Kappa69
      So I was recently just diagnosed with HSV- 2 , 26 years of age, no signs of symptoms till a week ago. Taking VALTRAX, sores are slowly but surely healing and going away. My question is how have you handled this with your partner? I’ve been completely honest w/ her throughout this entire process, and she seems to be taking it in more roughly than I am. I’ve had the same partner for 2 1/2 years and no signs or symptoms have had ever occurred till now. My doctor said it could have been distress or poor immune system to trigger my flare up. 
      Sexually, what are tips that have helped you prevent these flare ups.
      New to this so, any advice would be great.
      Home remedies for further prevention?

• TerribleAtUserNames
      By TerribleAtUserNames
      Hi there, 
      Long time lurker, first time poster, and I'll keep it simple and condensed. 
      I've only signed up because I realize the depths of suffering some people are in, trying all sorts of desperate treatments, and I've basically been sitting on something that has taken me to near 0 outbreaks (hsv1 genital).
      When I first got infected some years back, I had an atypical presentation--no pain or itching, but permanently there. Bumps going up and down within the same day even, but pretty much permanently covering the head of my penis. Doctor swabbed it--came back hsv 1; he said it looked like it to him too. 
      Now to the meat of it--rubbing alcohol.
      Its simple, and I'm pretty surprised that I've only seen it mentioned once here--a woman was talking about it, so I assume it works for girls too. I apply once daily, to once every 3 days, and that keeps me pretty much permanently outbreak free. 
      It quite literally went from every day broken out for me to just about nothing. Anyway, to the what and where of it all... 

I use 99% isopropyl. 70% seems good too. I now have a spray bottle, but used to just dump it on the head and roll my foreskin up over it for like 20ish seconds--whatever process is actually happening, I like to think I'm facilitating absorption into the soft tissue by doing this and wreaking havoc on the virus. Obviously, you may have to do it a bit differently, genital depending.
      I've been doing this treatment for a few years now, so it has staying power. I read once that herpes is shreded by alcohol, so if true, I guess that explains it? However, iterupting regular treatment seems to have anecdotally, but not with great surety, made the herpes a bit less suceptible to the alcohol upon resumption. 
      Yes, it burns terribly at first. Over time it gets better. Some days it still really burns, and in those cases I advise listening to your body and cutting the countdown short. Other than that, it feels really damn good to basically tell herpes to eff off. 
      I don't know what kind of health risks there are. Or whether using a high % grain (drinking) alcohol would work / be healthier. I advise asking your doctor--afterall, alchohol is implicated in throat cancer. Who knows if 20-30 seconds daily on your junk can do something too. 
      But for those who struggle constantly, I truly hope this can help someone other than just me. 

I also hope that this finds its way to the right forum. I wanted it in a place where casual, straight from Google, viewers would see it when they came here, and I'm hoping--and asking, please--that if I didn't get it in the right place, a moderator can instead. And, should it help as I suggest, perhaps even stickying it one day. 
      I'm sorry in advance, I'm not a big forum person and don't come here crazy often. It just felt like something I should do for everyone else's sake. Hopefully you can excuse me if I'm an absentee topic starter. 
      Thanks for reading,
      - Taylor

Edit:
      I forgot to add in any negative effects I've experienced. 
      Sometimes, if its burning more than usual and I leave it too long, it does make the skin pinker than it should be, and sore. 
      The big question, what about loss of sensitivity? I worried that may happen, and its possible actually that I've lost some amount. But if I have, it wasn't even enough to remember when posting this originally, hahaha.
      Still every body is different, so I can only speak for me. But yes, for me, my sensitivity down there is still in great shape. 
      Over the last few years I've on average had less stiff erections, and dysfunction, which I never had before. However, I've also been less physically healthy, I've been mentally disengaged and highly anxious around sex and sexuality (and when I'm not anxious, it often improves quite a bit), I read once that herpes itself can actually cause forms of ED, and I'm also now out of my 20's, so... 
      Possibly related? But also very possibly unrelated to the alcohol. I'm biased though, both in mentality and my words here. So, perhaps consult a doctor if you're concerned. 
      Cheers! 
    • Marley91
      By Marley91
      I was diagnosed with HSV2 in the form of whitlow on the palm of my hand over a year ago. 
      Since then I have had breakouts almost every single month, sometimes more. I take valcyclovir 1000mg daily and had been ob free for a couple of months. I missed one day of medication and am now struggling with a terrible outbreak. 
      My anxiety is through the roof- especially with the fear of viral shedding when I don’t have an ob.  
      When I have an ob I am EXTREMELY fatigued and can barely function. Does anyone else get run down this easily? I know it’s only supposed to happen with the first outbreak but I’m going on 15+ in the last year with terrible side effects. 
      Will I need to wear a bandaid for the rest of my life- even when not experiencing an ob?? I get massages regularly and am always paranoid when they massage my hand that I might spread it to them through viral shedding. 
      The bandaids irritate my skin- does anyone have a better solution to keep my Palm covered all the time? 

TIA
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Psyc4herbs
      Medical knowledge in the 50s doubled every 50 years. But guess how fast the knowledge is doubling now? 1 year. Cures are coming. This is why there is a worldwide debate on healthcare. Some want to own your health others want the cures for free. You being desperate will trample on the next person to get it whereas someone else will hope the cure is free for all.  The fight isn't for a cure anymore it's for who owns the cure. The people or the elite. With medical knowledge doubling every year and soon every 6 months with the assistance of AI a cure will be ready by 2025.  Finally the west has competition who wants to be the world's leader; China. They want to cure diseases because they want rid of capitalism and religion. May the winner have it all.
    • Quest
      Herpes simplex virus-2 transmission probability estimates based on quantity of viral shedding - NCBI by JT Schiffer · 2014 · Cited by 36 · Related articles Feb 28, 2014 · Valaciclovir, dosed once daily, lowered the HSV-2 transmission rate in a clinical ...... Reactivation of genital herpes simplex virus type 2 infection in     Maybe the answer is here. Did the westover heights contain the answer? Wilso would know. 
    • WilsoInAus
      This isn't some 1940s crime detective novel mate! We don't have process of elimination, we have active diagnosis. But to hell with that. You do not have to prove anything to doctors. They're just a bunch of clowns with meaningless tests! You're the man, you make the decisions. Whether you think you have herpes, or whether you think you don't, you're right. Be a man, be confident, if you have HSV-2 then own up to it. Stop camping around at doctors offices. Stride right back to that girl in your loosest jocks with lots of stretch room for those swollen gonads. Slam open the bedroom door and announce you're here to show her what a night with real man feels like, minus Trojans!
    • RainyDay2
      To answer your question, I have been living with pain and burning in my penis for a year now.  My symptoms started within 48 hours of attempted sex with someone who has HSV2. Doctors can’t figure it out.  I’m 90% certain HSV2 is the culprit.  All my issues started directly after the exposure.  Itching, tingling, constipation, nerve burning, testicle pain and back pain. And they all come and go. I only got a large bump in my pubic area days after the exposure.  A large amount of people with herpes don’t get typical looking lesions, so you can’t base it on that.   Hopefully you find your answer.  I pretty much have mine but have to prove it to my doctors by way of elimination.  
    • Phoenixx
      OMG if I had only known that 5 years ago... doctors have no clue of this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.