World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Trying45

Learning to live with HSV2

Trying45

I found out last week after my annual physical that I am HSV2. More need to request this specific test when having one done. Since doing a lot of research I am prepared if I get an outbreak and I think that is when true reality will happen. Since I have always done the boosting my immune system(I have Fybromyalgia) it might happen or not. But the Dr let me now if I get sick it might trigger my first outbreak. 

Thanks everyone for making me feel okay, I think the hard part to accepting my status is my age. I found some interesting facts about my age group.  

I am remembering all the talks I had with my sons about sex and relationships. I glad I taught them never to judge and why. 

WilsoInAus

Annual physicals often do not apply the right HSV-2 testing. Did you have the IgG type specific for HSV-1 and HSV-2? Have you ever had an outbreak of sores on your genitals?

DirtyKitty

I was just wondering what you found out about your age group?  I am older myself and feel the ob's are worse than ever at this time.  Thanks for sharing.

Trying45
On 12/13/2016 at 5:57 PM, WilsoInAus said:

Annual physicals often do not apply the right HSV-2 testing. Did you have the IgG type specific for HSV-1 and HSV-2? Have you ever had an outbreak of sores on your genitals?

Yes when I get tested I always ask for an STD, herpes and HIV screening and that is how they found out that it is HSV2. I haven't had an OB yet, the doctor thinks I might be asymmetric and that has caused me to totally withdraw. They did tell me if I get sick I more than likely will have an outbreak. 

Trying45
On 12/15/2016 at 0:53 AM, DirtyKitty said:

I was just wondering what you found out about your age group?  I am older myself and feel the ob's are worse than ever at this time.  Thanks for sharing.

I keep reading the same thing. And I terrified about getting my first OB. I wonder if it is because of premenopause and menopause that women feel discomfort more? Thanks for sharing also. 

WilsoInAus

Without an outbreak, it is important to get old of the full details of the test, especially if you have had a negative in the past and suddenly a positive with no symptoms.

Trying45

The guy I was dating for awhile passed it on to me. And a lot of the supplements that are used to boost your immune system I take on a regular basis for my fibromyalgia and that could be delaying my OB

Trying45
12 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

Without an outbreak, it is important to get old of the full details of the test, especially if you have had a negative in the past and suddenly a positive with no symptoms.

But I will request my old test and have the compared with my new results. Thanks for the recommendation! :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Missingmynormal
      By Missingmynormal
      All I have been doing is research over the past three weeks and I still don’t even know where to begin this post because it’s still so shocking. This post might be long but I hope someone will read it and help me.  I feel like the doctors don’t really truly know about this topic in depth and I have no one to learn from and I’m so so scared.
      My first outbreak was 10 months ago. I had just had sex with a new person and started my period.  The doctor said it was BV and a yeast infection.  I knew that it couldn’t just be that.  My labia was terribly swollen and cut up that it was so painful to go to the bathroom.  Got better but then was cut up again about 2 weeks later and I think after antibiotics really had a yeast infection too.  About 3 weeks ago I felt really itchy one day and the next day I had a cut on my inner labia and started my period that same day.  After closely inspecting it I realized that maybe it could be a blister.  I got the doctor to swab it and they confirmed it was hsv2.  From the time the doc saw it my labia did get a little more raw but def not as bad as what happened 10 months ago.  Of course at that point my stress levels are high and I went back to the doctor a week later to get tested for everything else to make sure I was ok.  So of course high stress again.  Once my initial cut was healed I shaved and ended up with what I think was another outbreak but this time next to my outer labia.  I went back and forth if it was from shaving but I feel like there were two spots and they had itched and were painful. Those spots are not fully healed but no longer hurt.  This morning and for most of the day I felt a sunburn type feeling on my right butt.  When I’m looking at it now I swear that I can see these small bump patches that might look like little blisters ... I don’t think they look like regular little butt bumps. They are so small and it’s hard to see but it does feel tender.  So this makes it seem like the 3rd little outbreak within 3 weeks.   I have always had very dry sensitive skin and I have been very super aware of every little thing since this diagnosis.  I’m supposed to start my period next week and I’m terrified that with it will come a 4th little outbreak.  This is not as painful as that first outbreak but it’s more upsetting cause it feels like it’s lasting longer.

1. Does any of what I’m describing sound normal.  Can you get it in 3 different spots within 3 weeks like this? Why does it keep restarting and it didn’t last time.  Is it ever going to end!? 
      2. How can I figure out what this is going to be like for me if every single circumstance has had different symptoms.
      3. I thought it was mostly supposed to be in the same place so why does this seem like 3 different places? Also, the spot on my butt if it’s hsv2 is this just a place where it can show up or did I spread it there?
      4. If this is a spot on my butt does this mean that I can shed there? I’m so terrified of spreading this to my family.  The spot on my butt is in a place that could be potentially touched by someone as it’s on the top and wouldn’t maybe be covered by s bathing suit. If I’m holding my niece on my hips and her legs happen to rub against that part of my butt and I’m shedding could I pass it to her.  
      5. I went 10 months between these outbreaks and I’m hoping that I won’t have to deal with this often but I’m not understanding why all of the sudden for 3 weeks I’m having something new pop up each week.  I’m so scared that this is going to be my new normal.  I just want to feel like me again and comfortable in my own skin and for the last three weeks all I’ve felt is uncomfortable in my skin.  
      I’d appreciate any help that someone who has been through this can help. I feel hopeless
      I’ve been taking everyday
      a. Probiotic
      b. Vitamin c
      c. Vitamin d
      have periodically used coconut oil, lavender, rosemary, and have taken lysine a handful of times.  
    • kna1519
      By kna1519
      Hey guys, new here as of today. I’m currently 27 weeks pregnant and I’ve been having more days with outbreaks (single lesion, same spot) than not. I’m praying for a vaginal delivery but obviously want to do what’s best for My Baby but the thoughts of not being able to bring baby into the world vaginally wrecks me...  At 20 weeks I was diagnosed with HSV2 after requesting testing because I had known for probably 3 years but was too ashamed and was in denial to go to a dr  and get the actual diagnosis but wanted to take all precautions for my baby... Anyway, the DR put me on Valacyclovir 3x a day for 7 days and then 2x a day. I noticed absolutely no change.  It was like that one lesion would heal for 2 days and then come back for a week. Today I asked her to switch medications and she told me to just keep taking the Valacyclovir for suppression. I guess my question(s) are #1) how long did it take some of you to see suppression?  2) How many of you had to have a c-section because of active lesions and 3) did anyone’s dr miss a lesion during delivery and was your baby ok? I’m so torn because I don’t want my family to know and what am I suppose to tell them in the event of a c-section when they’ll all be there at the time? 😭—

Thank you for any and all comments in advance. I’m so hoping I can find some peace of mind within this forum. 
      PS: Recently I found that Tree Tea Oil keeps the lesion away longer than the medication did and the dr gave me the ok to continue. Anyone else?
    • Boom
      By Boom
      Does anybody have any suggestions on how you deal with pain at work or when you are out? I have hsv2 I am in the beginning of a break out this one is bad. I can’t really afford to call in so if anybody has any tips I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks. 
    • Alwayssmile_
      By Alwayssmile_
      Has anyone experienced hsv2 on the face/lip/cheek? 
      I know everyone is different but does it look the same as hsv1? 

• Jules1967
      By Jules1967
      I disclosed my HSV2 diagnosis right from the start and only because we had this GREAT connection. He said he did his research and we would just be careful. Well, after dating for 2 months, he decided that he didn’t want to date anymore and “I’m sorry for how shallow that seems”. I was crushed.  I think I’m living on false hope that he may change his mind if he does even more research (not one hour online). Just wondering if anyone has ever reconnected with somebody after being rejected by them. 
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Abdul malik
      I'm in ny and 39 inshallah Allah u still check for this
    • WilsoInAus
      That's exactly right, you can return to your life and get the blood test as a sleep easy in 12 weeks time (from the last episode).
    • Laurenhelena
      Him and his ex have regular breakouts with all the traditional symptoms and I believe he was swabbed.  So I can return to life as it was before all of this drama ? I may still look into a blood test is I am confident it is accurate 
    • WilsoInAus
      @Laurenhelena how is this guy sure he has herpes? All sounding a bit odd to me. Yes it is very unlikely you will develop lesions now. Rubbing skin to skin is required for any feasible transmission chance. The odds of transmission with unprotected vaginal sex are of the order of 0.08% per epsiode. Halve this if a condom is worn. Compare that to chamydia that has about a 33% chance of transmission with unprotected sex; now that's contagious!
    • Laurenhelena
      I just feel that it’s known as such a contagious STD - I’ve been lying to my family cause when I tried to talk about it they became very anxious and begged me to tell them I hadn’t slept with him when I had - If someone told me that they slept with someone with genital herpes my mind would instantly think they had it.  So it’s unlikely then that I’m going to get symptoms now? I’m not going anything further with that guy but we have cuddled and kissed in bed with underwear on, is that ok?  Im quite sure he has hsv2 given that his ex gave it to him through a threesome  I’ve never had a cold sore   

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.