World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
YammyTea

Out of the Hive

YammyTea

Hello Fellow Honeycombers!

I've taken some time away from Honeycomb as it was necessary for my own growth in this journey. Like many of you, I hope and dream of a cure or vaccine; functional or complete. I recently read a post of Dr. Halford's blogs regarding a mass email campaign. I will feature it below. There are many of us in the HIVE that would love to see change regarding this condition. Should we continue to hide in the hive or demand the change we want to see? Just a thought. See post below:

D says:

16d7f99a141fd2d3039bc47e36a393ad?s=48&d=

Have you tried a “call to action” to FDA MASS email campaign? I have participated in many to various senators and government committees to influence votes and opinions. Usually it’s a set letter from an attached link people get who support a cause. They log in and forward to that senator or action committee. If you need to demonstrate support, rally the troops.

Sent from my iPhone

>

LikeLike

• Herpes Vaccine Research says:
    0bf36b89ab4dbabc0223950942286714?s=48&d=

Hi D,

I have not considered a ‘call to action” letter, but I think this would be more powerful coming from those involved in Honeycomb and other support groups. Such letters are far more compelling coming from (1) past participants of the first Theravax trial and (2) other sufferers who want to participate in a similar trial. Sounds like a great idea, and I am happy to offer a paragraph in support, but those suffering with the disease are those who have the power to humanize this condition. Most people not in the know assume that the desire to better treat herpes is anchored in a desire to have sex more freely. What they don’t know is that having GH symptoms daily robs people of hope. Most GH sufferers just want the possibility of waking up one day and forgetting they have GH for a day, a week, or God forbid even 3 or 4 months. If government officials understood how hopeless how many GH sufferers felt, YES, that would be the single most powerful bullet in your arsenal to get more governments to not only approve live HSV-2 vaccine trials, but to actively support them as well. This is a WIN-WIN-WIN-WIN for patients, doctors, governments, and insurance providers (who would love a 3-shot preventative vaccine over a lifetime of antiviral drugs….helps their bottom line).

GH sufferers have a lot more power than they realize. A call to action letter would be a great start.

– Bill

LikeLike

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• ManagingIllness
      By ManagingIllness
      Full paper here: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0264410X18315652
      Note sure if anyone wrote about this. I couldn't find any results for VC2 in the site's search. This is a live attenuated vaccine from Louisiana State University. The results do not seem super promising, as reducing shedding/recurrance by < 70% pre-clinical is common in many discontinued vaccines. Still, research is being done, which is always great!
      Prophylactic conclusions:
      "Our studies also showed that VC2 vaccine decreases the clinical severity of acute and recurrent HSV-2 disease in guinea pigs when provided by intramuscular vaccination. During the primary infection, animals vaccinated with VC2 had a significant decrease in clinical severity and replicating virus in the vaginal vault. Prophylactic vaccination also decreased the quantity of virus in the DRGs when compared to the No Treatment group. The ability to protect neural tissue from latent infection probably contributed to the decrease in the number of animals with recurrent lesions by 67% and the number of days with recurrent vaginal shedding by 46%. This reduction in shedding is particularly important because transmission of HSV-2 to uninfected persons is largely due to asymptomatic shedding [38], [39]."
      Theraputic conclusions:
      "When tested as a therapeutic vaccine, i.e., one designed to decrease recurrent disease and recurrent virus shedding in those already infected with HSV, the VC2 vaccine was not effective although it did reduce recurrent shedding, at least when compared to the gD2 vaccine. This may be because live attenuated vaccines have only limited replication in hosts that are already infected and thus do not have much of an impact in improving the immune response. Because infected hosts have frequent reactivations of virus that would be similar to a live vaccine inoculation it may be difficult for the vaccine to improve the immune response unless it is able to induce responses not activated by the host’s recurrent virus replication."
    • information seeker
      By information seeker
      Hello, fellow reader I am in the process of having the government of Canada start a experimental treatment to cure herpes. I have been following alot of the research sexual transmitted illiness, and have noticed good results for gene therapy. I reason to believe that herpes can be cured within the next 2 years. With an experimental gene treatment. With recent cure of cells with HIV using crispr cas9. I believe a cured can achieve using a cocktail of drugs and gene therapy.  The process works by forcing the virus to awaken, while pumping antiviral to stop the spread of the virus. This would allow crispr cas9 to more easily to shred the herpe's DNA in the cell. This would also be combined with a TRIM5α Proteins to prevent the spread replication of the virus. Alot of this optimism comes from the gene therapy treatment that show results with current gene therapy treatments that appears to be successful. I am currently looking for people who live in Canada and are citizens or permanent resident. To join me in the process. If this is successful after a 12 month to 24 months treatment, a subject may be cured of virus permanently. This could also pave the way for future cure in other viral infection like herpes.

Requirements 
      Living in Canada 
      Covered by national healthcare plan.
      Willing to be part of experimental treatment.

Any one who does not meet these requirements can comment but may not be able to assist with the process.

• TaylorNicks
      By TaylorNicks
      Hello! I’m new here, I found out about 8 months ago that I am living with Herpes. I have been dating my boyfriend for 10 months. I was infected last January. I was out with friends and went to an after party at a mutual friends, friends, party. I ended up getting drugged and raped. I woke up the next morning, covered in my own blood and in an unfamiliar place. Once I got home, I realized I had the worst pain in my genital area. Later to get tested and be positive for herpes. It’s one thing to have herpes, it’s another to have received them through rape.
      Anyway, When I found out, I didn’t tell my boyfriend, I was unsure how he would react. It came out one night when I was drunk and he was so angry with me. We are still together and moving to a new state together. But he continues to bring up the fact that I have it and he is terrified he’s going to get it. How can I comfort him, how can we get our relationship back to how it was before he knew? We used to be extremely sexually active (twice a day), now it’s like twice a month, with a condom. 
      My boyfriend could not cope with the fact that i had it and that he still has not gotten it, he made me get a third test done for his satisfaction. Ive now had 4 tests done. Two came back slightly positive, like .2% over the “ inconclusive” results, one completely negative, and one positive. Help?? What does this mean?
      I have done research for a black market cure, has anyone else? 
      I found one that is being studied in the  Caribbean  and Mexico. Has anyone else seen anything else about this? 
      Or know any homeopathic  cures?
      Thanks for your help. And for reading this long post! 
    • Editas83
      By Editas83
      I'm sure a lot of you Google "hsv2-cure" daily like me. Looks like there may be a twinkle of hope. Not a cure, but at least some new news.
      https://www.precisionvaccinations.com/gen-003-therapeutic-bivalent-vaccine-candidate-genital-herpes-simplex-virus-type-2-hsv-2

• Bhbr2018
      By Bhbr2018
      “I was tested, I’m clean,” he said on the phone
      I said “Are you sure?” I didn’t  like his tone
      Can I see your results, in plain black and white?
      Cause something feels off, I know it’s not right
      “My blood tests all negative, I’m in the clear”,
      I said “Where is HSV bloods, cause I don’t see it here?”
      We both seemed confused, and picked up the phone
      It’s not included in the panel? How should we have known?
      Did I give it to him? Did he give it to me?
      The CDC doesn’t test for herpes? HOW COULD THIS BE?
      Did he cheat? Was it dormant? Did I pass on a disease?
      No answers from lab coats to put me at ease
      No bedside manner, or kindness in their voice
      They decide what to test, what about our choice?
      I have to beg and to plead to pay for a test?
      Because knowing my own status will cause me more stress?
      Is this all a joke? Some kind of enigma?
      For a medical community to promote this kind of stigma?
      “We don’t think the test will change a damn thing”
      How about the psycological pain it will inevitably bring?
      “We therefore encourage doctors not to run the test”
      So let the poor symptomatics deal with the mess?
      “Ignorance is bliss, so it’s better to not know”
      And for everyone else, you reap what you sow?
      “It’s a harmless skin condition,” they’ll tell you I’m sure
      But let’s not test or talk about it, and not look for the cure
      False positives, the stigma, and lies all around
      A few examples as to why the CDC let’s us all down
      DEATH TO THE CDC fuck it right up the ass
      Include Hsv in the tests, we all may not pass
      And that’s perfectly fine let’s talk about it more
      Let’s normalize the STI, and the common cold sore. 

• Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • IAmDesperate
      Yeah and the stigma hit me pretty hard since I'm originally from Asia and we don't have sex ed or STD education so the regret and self-hating are as bad as stigma. Hoping is the only way to get me out of suicidal thoughts. I know that a lot has been done and I'm glad. I just hope they continue with the hsv research instead of abandoning it cuz it's not life-threatening and I also hope that the big pharma conspiracy isn't real.
    • Dvm
    • blurneworder
      @Dvm, he says this to almost everyone.  Best ignore his bad advice 
    • Dvm
      Thx so much. However HSV can affect the trigeminal nerve/from post herpetic neuralgia and can actually cause all these symptoms. Some people, once affected can have short term symptoms,  while others have sporadic flare ups and some are permanently affected. Gabapentin for trigeminal neuralgia, prescribed by my neurologist, did help me for some time,  but I'm glad to be off it.  Hope my post helps someone w similar issues who havent gotten help from primary care Dr.
    • WilsoInAus
      @Dvm you can be assured that HSV is not the cause of these issues. As you have found, it’s likely a spinal issue and it sounds like you have found some help. Stick with that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.