World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
JonathanHoward

Self pity, self destruct

JonathanHoward

One thing you have to be careful about is not to let this virus overtake your life !!!! Yes it's unfortunate you become infected, and yes you would sooner it hadn't happened !!!! But you can become so wrapped up in yourself, and think every ailment you have is because  of herpes so you push the person who truly loves you away because you think the virus is all consuming!!!! Before you know it you are suffering alone when you really need each other !!!!

Felix12

Agreed. I suffered from depression well before I ever got herpes. There were times when I didn't even want to live. I learned how to overcome depression. Now, years later, when I'm down about the herpes, I remind myself that life wasn't perfect before I got it either and had hit rock bottom back when I herpes free and had zero ailments. Herpes is relatively harmless. It can be beat with confidence and love for oneself. 

Free73
4 minutes ago, Felix12 said:

Agreed. I suffered from depression well before I ever got herpes. There were times when I didn't even want to live. I learned how to overcome depression. Now, years later, when I'm down about the herpes, I remind myself that life wasn't perfect before I got it either and had hit rock bottom back when I herpes free and had zero ailments. Herpes is relatively harmless. It can be beat with confidence and love for oneself. 

One of the best paragraphs I've read on here. Beautifully put Felix.

Lisajd

. It's also important at this time of the year to think about all the homeless people he won't have a Christmas with their family people who won't have their children of the family because they have passed away and the people struggling and can't even afford to buy the kids a Christmas present.   But sometimes there are some people who just can't move outside their own self and their own problems to actually see things in perspective.   But I know that depression is a mental health illness but I also know that that you have to choose to move forward because I've been there and done it and it is about choice

JonathanHoward

This virus is driving a wedge between myself and my partner , purely because the virus is all she can think about, we've been through so much, just not sure how much longer I can take being her emotional punchbag !!!!

Edited by JonathanHoward

ayjay

I was so depressed. Wanting that "normal" life I had before the virus. And just being stuck in the past. But I realized after two years that isn't the way to deal with it. I realized that its a virus that affects such a small aspect of your life. Sometimes you let it affect you so much you forget about your own values and what makes you special. Like your positive energy or charisma, things that make you special and different. We aren't alone! And I'm starting to have faith in myself again.

JonathanHoward

Good to hear everyone's positive thoughts on here, because basically that's all that you need , realise you own self worth and embrace those that are there with you !!!! Chin up and big smiles everyone !!!!

Felix12
19 hours ago, JonathanHoward said:

This virus is driving a wedge between myself and my partner , purely because the virus is all she can think about, we've been through so much, just not sure how much longer I can take being her emotional punchbag !!!!

I'm sorry to hear that. Honestly, it sounds like maybe if it wasnt the virus, it would be something else. If she can't except something like this and get past it, just think about how she would be if you got a serious illness. Just my two cents, but I was in a relationship with a woman who focused on the things about me she didn't like and put me down (ironically, she's the one who gave me herpes). I eventually had enough of her negativity towards me and left her.

JonathanHoward

We are getting there !!! I'm prepared to fight for what I beieve is special !!!!