World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Vegas

4 years in and tired of feeling alone

Vegas

Hi everyone, wanted to introduce myself. I live in Las Vegas and have had HSV for 4 years. My experience has been mild (3 OB) on non-suppressant. Just had a recent outbreak end of October and since I am constantly living in prodrome land.  Sometimes I feel like this is worse than the original OB. I am not sure what to do to stop these constant tickles and burns. I often find myself freaked out and crying at work. You think after 4 years of antibodies Any support or words of encouragement are helpful. Should I do another cycle of acyclovir? I feel like I am constantly outbreaking with no bumps :-( 

anyone in the Las Vegas area please contact me, I feel I am the only person here who has H. Of course that is not true,  I live in Vegas!  Thanks all, chin up.

Edited by Vegas
Spelling

luvurself16

**HUGS** I'm in the same boat with the constant burns and tickles. I'm hoping and praying it gets better. Since being diagnosed I have noticed that I'm constantly breaking out. Have you tried seeing if Las Vegas has any support groups? 

PurpleandGray

I'm so sorry :( is the burning/tingling around your genitals or all over your body? I found that benadryal can help. I just read that a prescription of  Hydroxyzine can help. I'm 3 months into what I think may be herpies and am having the same issues. Have they ruled out other health issues? Maybe an anti anxiety pill like kolonopin would help your body eprekax a bit? I'm sorry :( 

Vegas

@PurpleandGray

Hello- it's around my genital area. I've noticed tingling on top on my thighs as well as the bottom of my feet at night. I will try what you suggest and hope to find relief. I go to a new OBGYN in early January, I just freak myself out daily that this will be permanent. I'm so scared. 

Blahdittilyblah

It should subside with some time. After my first OB I had a lot of itching, tingling, some burning in my genital region. After a month it had stopped and I haven't had an OB since. So I hope the same happens for you. In the meantime check out the threads for my outbreaks people there have s lot of great info and advice that may help you @Vegas

SureWhyNot
13 hours ago, Vegas said:

Just had a recent outbreak end of October and since I am constantly living in prodrome land. 

Have you changed Anything in what you eat, supplement, environment, use of new body lotion or soap, laundry detergent etc? Did you have a fall on your tailbone? You mentioned thighs and feet not one side or the other. Most times this virus follows the nerves on a particular side. I have had mine 36yrs and I had never had prodrome until the last 3 1/2yrs when my chemistry changed. Everything I get is on my left side only.

Vegas

@SureWhyNot

these are all great things for me to consider, thank you for bringing them up.  Yes, it is both thighs (once in awhile) and both of feet on the bottom (daily). I remember my original OB my feet did tingle also and just figured it was the medicine.  I started a new cycle of medicine Wednesday night, yesterday I felt great and today back to the tingles and low burning. I had hope for a day :-( 

Edited by Vegas

Lisajd
21 minutes ago, Vegas said:

@SureWhyNot

these are all great things for me to consider, thank you for bringing them up.  Yes, it is both thighs (once in awhile) and both of feet on the bottom (daily). I remember my original OB my feet did tingle also and just figured it was the medicine.  I started a new cycle of medicine Wednesday night, yesterday I felt great and today back to the tingles and low burning. I had hope for a day :-( 

I agree that you should also look at what else is going on in your life because it  is mostly about how well your body can suppress the virus and that relies on your immune system being healthy.   Everyone has different triggers and maybe you need to look at your food what you drink stress sleep exercise.

Free73

Can you go on supprressive therapy? It should help you alleviate outbreaks and prodrome sensations