World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Second_chance

One pill that can possibly cure multiple strains of herpes

Second_chance

herpes123
52 minutes ago, Second_chance said:

http://www.leeds.ac.uk/news/article/3936/targeting_the_biological_host_to_get_rid_of_unwanted_guests

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/739123/herpes-genital-virus-zoster-chicken-pox-vaccine-cancer-cure/amp?client=safari

Two articles suggesting that a protein called TREX, can stop the replicating process of herpes virus. From these articles how far out could this be to the market? 

This seemed to be like a very exciting concept and article, until the last sentence :    “We still have a lot of work to do and other factors such as potency, cost, ease of processing, and toxicity may ultimately end the CCT018159 journey further down the line.”

Tuff2deal

Yea and maybe I am wrong, but I got the impression that it would just be a "better antiviral" than what we currently have and not a "cure" 

OFMDH
4 hours ago, herpes123 said:

This seemed to be like a very exciting concept and article, until the last sentence :    “We still have a lot of work to do and other factors such as potency, cost, ease of processing, and toxicity may ultimately end the CCT018159 journey further down the line.”

Yeah I already posted about this here (LINK)

What they used was a known HSP90 inhibitor (CCT018159) which is already being tried as a cancer treatment. CCT018159 causes diarrhea, fatigue, and the main problem is doubly that its quickly cleared from the body and has very low oral bioavailability. Meaning you'd need to take 40-100 pills of it a day to reach any decent HSV inhibition of replication in humans - such dosing would cause liver damage. I didn't check the analogues (edit* I have since looked and it wasn't that great) .... Pritelivir is far superior to this, safer and much closer to market...

What they need to do is find a much better analogue and those tested in the experiment were not that much better. This is a total deadend as far as I'm concerned. They merely did a proof of concept and its not tenable for HSV

Edited by OFMDH

Second_chance
13 minutes ago, OFMDH said:

What they need to do is find a much better analogue and those tested in the experiment were not that much better. This is a total deadend as far as I'm concerned. They merely did a proof of concept and its not tenable for HSV

Awe man, I had got excited about that one! 

dont quit!17
6 hours ago, Second_chance said:

http://www.leeds.ac.uk/news/article/3936/targeting_the_biological_host_to_get_rid_of_unwanted_guests

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/739123/herpes-genital-virus-zoster-chicken-pox-vaccine-cancer-cure/amp?client=safari

Two articles suggesting that a protein called TREX, can stop the replicating process of herpes virus. From these articles how far out could this be to the market? 

This may be a treatment that the Cures Act Obama recently passed, can possibly help get to market with a little less complications. It sounds pretty cool.

dont quit!17
3 hours ago, OFMDH said:

Right on. We need Pritelivir in our lives. And a prophylactic vaccine for our uninfected partners.