World's Largest Herpes Support Group
kaybeauty

Need a new doctor

kaybeauty

So I had an appt with my obgyn and i told her about my problem with her office and how i was not notified that i tested positive for hsv2 back in dec 2015 and she tried to overtalk and tried to make me feel like i was making this up. she checked with her nurse and her nurse said she did talk with me about it because she remembers but we did talk about it once i called the office and asked for test results in sept 2016.  Then on top of that  i told my obgyn that the valtrex has been giving me weird side effects so she says i need to take something daily so i won't spread it but the whole time i was thinking  that  can still spread it while on medication.  just got me even more upset.  im  looking for a new obgyn.

SureWhyNot

Really sorry you do not have a dependable dr. when you need her the most.

drs are flawed humans just like real people. Unlike some believe they do not talk to God through their stethoscope. They do Not have all the answers, nobody does. This is why I use a Naturopathic Dr to treat my ailments. He talks to my body to ask it what it wants or what it is dealing with. Treats the whole body not giving out a script for what ails others. Not perfect either but I get much better results.

I just found out my dermatologist, who I was told was the most amazing diagnostician around, had no idea what was happening on my back. He said they were moles that come with age. They only covered up my spine and around my waist at the back, not overall. My Naturopath gave me a remedy for a uti my family dr missed and all the age spots cleared up and my prodrome went away. Now I do not have the same respect for my dermatologist. I do look younger without the spots though!

Edited by SureWhyNot

kaybeauty

I do agree that doctors have flaws. but my pcp who actually called me with the results which is how i found out about hsv2 when she did her own tests sept 2016 actually fit me into her schedule to tell me all about herpes and actually gave me some good information and told me how it was not  a big deal at all. and how common  it was. I guess ive been looking for that same level of comfort. But this doctor just seems so rushed.