All I have been doing is research over the past three weeks and I still don’t even know where to begin this post because it’s still so shocking. This post might be long but I hope someone will read it and help me. I feel like the doctors don’t really truly know about this topic in depth and I have no one to learn from and I’m so so scared.
My first outbreak was 10 months ago. I had just had sex with a new person and started my period. The doctor said it was BV and a yeast infection. I knew that it couldn’t just be that. My labia was terribly swollen and cut up that it was so painful to go to the bathroom. Got better but then was cut up again about 2 weeks later and I think after antibiotics really had a yeast infection too. About 3 weeks ago I felt really itchy one day and the next day I had a cut on my inner labia and started my period that same day. After closely inspecting it I realized that maybe it could be a blister. I got the doctor to swab it and they confirmed it was hsv2. From the time the doc saw it my labia did get a little more raw but def not as bad as what happened 10 months ago. Of course at that point my stress levels are high and I went back to the doctor a week later to get tested for everything else to make sure I was ok. So of course high stress again. Once my initial cut was healed I shaved and ended up with what I think was another outbreak but this time next to my outer labia. I went back and forth if it was from shaving but I feel like there were two spots and they had itched and were painful. Those spots are not fully healed but no longer hurt. This morning and for most of the day I felt a sunburn type feeling on my right butt. When I’m looking at it now I swear that I can see these small bump patches that might look like little blisters ... I don’t think they look like regular little butt bumps. They are so small and it’s hard to see but it does feel tender. So this makes it seem like the 3rd little outbreak within 3 weeks. I have always had very dry sensitive skin and I have been very super aware of every little thing since this diagnosis. I’m supposed to start my period next week and I’m terrified that with it will come a 4th little outbreak. This is not as painful as that first outbreak but it’s more upsetting cause it feels like it’s lasting longer.
1. Does any of what I’m describing sound normal. Can you get it in 3 different spots within 3 weeks like this? Why does it keep restarting and it didn’t last time. Is it ever going to end!?
2. How can I figure out what this is going to be like for me if every single circumstance has had different symptoms.
3. I thought it was mostly supposed to be in the same place so why does this seem like 3 different places? Also, the spot on my butt if it’s hsv2 is this just a place where it can show up or did I spread it there?
4. If this is a spot on my butt does this mean that I can shed there? I’m so terrified of spreading this to my family. The spot on my butt is in a place that could be potentially touched by someone as it’s on the top and wouldn’t maybe be covered by s bathing suit. If I’m holding my niece on my hips and her legs happen to rub against that part of my butt and I’m shedding could I pass it to her.
5. I went 10 months between these outbreaks and I’m hoping that I won’t have to deal with this often but I’m not understanding why all of the sudden for 3 weeks I’m having something new pop up each week. I’m so scared that this is going to be my new normal. I just want to feel like me again and comfortable in my own skin and for the last three weeks all I’ve felt is uncomfortable in my skin.
I’d appreciate any help that someone who has been through this can help. I feel hopeless
I’ve been taking everyday
b. Vitamin c
c. Vitamin d
have periodically used coconut oil, lavender, rosemary, and have taken lysine a handful of times.
Does anybody have any suggestions on how you deal with pain at work or when you are out? I have hsv2 I am in the beginning of a break out this one is bad. I can’t really afford to call in so if anybody has any tips I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks.
It's been five months since possible exposure and keep having symptoms. I keep experiencing thigh and pelvic pain and thick discharge. Also get shooting pains vaginally and on my butt. I just saw a small white bump inside my labia and next to it is a small open sore. They don't hurt when touched but the rest of my vagina hurts when touched or sitting. Does any of this sound like anyone's ob? I got tested in October but I'm scared I tested too early and now having trouble getting a doctor to retest me
- 4 replies
- 32 views
- 2 replies
- 23 views
By Marie053, in Just signed up? Say hello here!
- 9 replies
- 77 views
- 3 replies
- 45 views
By ThoughtsBecomeThings, in Nature has a Remedy
- 8 replies
- 42 views