Hey guys for those who struggle with daily nerves pain with doctor saying its not related to Herpes, please have a look on "Elsberg Syndrom" on Google.
It describes exactly what we have, there are few study of it.
It's important that doctors are aware of it, changing the vision they have of herpes, which is not just a "skin condition" for some of us
Hi. Will try to keep it short:
Day 0 - Exposure with HSV2 confirmed female. Exposure = 1-time brief unprotected vaginal. Not sure if she had outbreak/shedding/blisters at that time. She was not on any meds.
Day 5 - Redness and itchiness on the penis head and shaft on and off. Resolved in about a week. No lesions/blisters or other symptoms.
Day 28 - Other symptoms started: tingling and nerve pains in the groin on and off throughout the day, radiating pains in the legs, fordyce spots appeared on the shaft, lower back and neck pain, burning in urethra (occasional), rashes on the body (occasional), diahrrea (occasional), overall nervousness and tiredness, flue like with feverish (occasional). No lesions/blisters.
Day 30 - Tested HSV1 positive (IGG 19.6) (had it since childhood), HSV2 negative (IGG 0.3). All other STDs negative.
Taken antibiotics for 5 days. Taken AV (acyclovir) for 10 days (Days 35-45). No symptoms at that time.
Day 50 - Tested HSV1 positive (IGG 16.4), HSV2 negative (IGG 0.1). I believe AB went down a bit due to AV. All other STDs negative.
Currenty symptoms persist on and off, but less severe: tingling and nerve pains in the groin, radiating pains in the legs. Still no lesions/blisters.
Planning to retest again at Day 90. I am aware that prior HSV1 and AVs may delay HSV2 ABs production.
What are your thoughts/advice? Thank you.
I have been experiencing strange symptoms and wanted to know if any of you have similar experiences.
Till January 2016, I was completely healthy with no known issues (Age: 28)
In January, I had a sore above the lips which my PCP dismissed as acne (it looked like a cold sore and disappeared in two weeks).
In April, I had another sore inside the mouth and the PCP prescribed Acyclovir (400 mg * 2 times a day).
I took it for two days and immediately had severe side effects: dry eyes, dry mouth, tachycardia, chills.
I was asked to stop the Acyclovir immediately.
The other symptoms disappeared but the dry eyes and mild dry mouth continued to persist along with occasional numbness in the hands and feet.
The dry eye was diagnosed as Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (paste-like secretions) leading to Blepharitis (I had never had any issues with the eye before this).
There has been no diagnosis for the mild dryness in the mouth.
The numbness in the hands/feet, joint/muscle pain in hands/legs has progressively increased over the last 5 months.
I also have itching above my lips but have not had any recurrence of cold sores as of August 2016.
[I had a set of tests in July 2016 for Viral Infections (HSV1, HSV 2 , HIV, EBV, Hepatitis A,B,C) and Autoimmune conditions (ANA, RF, SSA, SSB, CRP, ESR) and all of the tests were negative. I had an elevated Eosinophil count that was dismissed as "not useful"]
1) Can all these strange issues (peripheral neuropathy, joint/muscle pain, Meibomian gland dysfunction) be due to HSV Infection?
2) Many of these symptoms match with Sjogren's Syndrome (except the MGD) but my tests were negative. Also, these started right after starting on Acyclovir.
Can Acyclovir trigger autoimmune conditions?
3) Has anyone else experiences symptoms similar to this?
4) Does anyone have experience of seronegative autoimmune conditions (In the case of Sjogrens, I read that the number could be as high as 40%).
5) If these are caused by HSV, will they get better over time?
6) If these are caused by an Autoimmune condition triggered by HSV, could a potential HSV Vaccine cause the Autoimmune disease to go into remission?
7) Can the high eosinophil count be used to diagnose anything? [That is the only abnormal result I have]
8) Has anyone experienced abnormal reactions like tachycardia/chills with Acyclovir?
Anxiously look forward to replies as myself/doctors don't seem to have any clue regarding my current condition.
- Seven condom-protected HSV II exposures from March 21 until 4 weeks later
- Partner had HSV for 8 years and was not having an outbreak or prodrome. - She'd never knowingly spread virus to protected or unprotected partners.
- Minor nerve sensations in pelvis and upper legs started four days after first exposure
- A few days later, I had sensations in my legs and pain in my feet, which have been the most prevalent symptom over these 2.5 months
- Bad sciatic back pain within a week or two of exposure. Worse depending on my sleeping position. This no longer exists.
- I developed SERIOUS hip soreness - it hurt to massage the muscle/flesh right below my pelvis. That improved greatly, after B12 supplementation (I'll explain)
- Eventual nerve sensations in hands and wrists (but still mainly lower body)
- I've had several episodes of skin sensitivity on my arms and legs, but it goes away quickly
- I got one colorful migraine aura in May with no headache
- On May 23, I got three small, red, flat marks on my upper groin/pelvic area (I have a picture). Virtually flat and totally painless cluster. I do have cystic acne but that is almost always raised.
- I had a tender left groin lymph node this past week (June 10-12), and 2 weeks before that (same exact node). It's back to normal.
- I got tinnitus (ringing of the ears) several times in May.
- Starting mid-April I've gotten muscle twitches, vast majority in legs - Current symptoms are nerve sensations in 1) wrists, 2) upper palm/lower fingers, 3) ankles, 4) outside of feet, 5) elbows and forearm, 6) soles of feet, 7) occasionally lower back and buttocks but not as often. All have been improving - lessening frequency and severity. They can happen at all parts of the day. - No genital area symptoms whatsoever since early pelvic nerve sensations within weeks of exposure
Other things to consider:
- I had sporadic eyelid twitches for a few days, weeks pre-exposure and then again post exposure
- I had sporadic heart palpitations for a few days pre-exposure, and another stretch post exposure
- I've long known I've had B12 deficiency, as a rarely supplementing vegan, but hadn't taken take my levels recently - B12 supplementation - started late April and continued daily - greatly reduced/eliminated my hip pain and possibly lessened other symptoms - I did three days in mid may with no B12 supplementation and hip pain returned badly - B12 may have improved my other pains as well, but not as drastically as the hip sensations.
I went to a neurologist and urologist, who said I have nothing to worry about (of course). Long story short they gave me blood work prescriptions.
I did my blood test on May 20, 8.5 weeks after the first exposure (which is the one 4 days before nerve symptoms).
Negative HSV I and HSV II ... <0.90
My B12 serum levels were extremely high but that is because I'd skewed them with heavy supplementation.
Over the past month my symptoms have stayed around the same - days with only minor sensations and other days where I feel pains in my ankles and feet when I walk. I usually take 2-3 doses of 5000IU of b12 daily. I think I saw a significant improvement when I switched my liquid B12 brand earlier this week but that's far from scientific.
Many of these neurological symptoms can be associated to both herpes and B12 deficiency. Some (one tender lymph node, three flat red spots, maybe even foot pain) suggest HSV II and others (migraine aura, ear ringing, heart palpitations and eye twitch even pre-exposure) suggest B12 deficiency. I could, of course, have both, I suppose... Or B12 supplementation could be helping herpes symptoms.
But the timing is so indicative of herpes to me. Four days after first exposure would be such a coincidence to get so many nerve symptoms. Severe foot pain was only 9 days after the exposure. Then again, I did have minor, painless nerve-related symptoms before having sex, my exposure was low risk, and I tested negative. No sores, no skin pain.
So how accurate is my 8.5 week negative igg result? What do you think? I'm really scared and full of regret. I should have waited longer to begin a sexual relationship with this woman (who I am not longer with). I am going to a doctor of osteopathy on Monday, but I know that you all have first hand experience at this. Thanks.