Mister Hyder

it ain't a big deal so chill

12 posts in this topic

hello guys .. herpes be it genital or oral it's not a big deal at all !!! it's just a  skin condition.. according to a research sexually active people were screened for genital herpes and they were asked if they had any outbreaks before .. 90 percent of them said they never experienced it in their lives !! they were tested and about 70 percent were seropositive .. they were educated about it and given lectures and asked to monitor their symptoms.. a few months later they actually had a better understanding what the condition is .. they now started reporting of hsv symptoms !! the thing is they had such minor outbreaks that they didn't even notice .. it goes away and most of the sexually active people have it without knowing they carry it .. the problem is with people with recurrent outbreaks .. but my point here is you shouldn't freak about having it.. people have got other problems like hiv which is life threatening.. so the best bet is always use protection and take a chill pill and if you r in a serious relationship u can forgo the use of condoms once u discuss the risks involved .. live ur lives people life is too short for regrets and it's nothing to be ashamed about.. most of us are exposed to it and our bodies respond to it differently!!! 

Zoe4444, BriAmazed, Whyyyyy and 2 others like this

Thank you I really needed to hear that, herpes is such an ugly word. I think it's the incurable part which gets people down 

On December 27, 2016 at 3:42 PM, Dr. Hyder said:

hello guys .. herpes be it genital or oral it's not a big deal at all !!! it's just a  skin condition.. according to a research sexually active people were screened for genital herpes and they were asked if they had any outbreaks before .. 90 percent of them said they never experienced it in their lives !! they were tested and about 70 percent were seropositive .. they were educated about it and given lectures and asked to monitor their symptoms.. a few months later they actually had a better understanding what the condition is .. they now started reporting of hsv symptoms !! the thing is they had such minor outbreaks that they didn't even notice .. it goes away and most of the sexually active people have it without knowing they carry it .. the problem is with people with recurrent outbreaks .. but my point here is you shouldn't freak about having it.. people have got other problems like hiv which is life threatening.. so the best bet is always use protection and take a chill pill and if you r in a serious relationship u can forgo the use of condoms once u discuss the risks involved .. live ur lives people life is too short for regrets and it's nothing to be ashamed about.. most of us are exposed to it and our bodies respond to it differently!!! 

Are you really a physician? If so, what is your specialty?

3 hours ago, SoCe said:

Thank you I really needed to hear that, herpes is such an ugly word. I think it's the incurable part which gets people down 

What gets people down is that they are fear of being rejected because they have herpes and the stigma it's got nothing to do with whether it is incurable or not because at the end of the day most people do lead normal lives with it.  There are people who suffer ongoing symptoms which does make it a lot more difficult but as this other poster has said most people have no symptoms and wouldn't even know they have it so really it is only knowing that you have it that is the problem for most people mentally

fixme1, BriAmazed and Whyyyyy like this

On 12/27/2016 at 3:42 PM, Mister Hyder said:

It is hard for it to be thought of as a "skin condition" for people with chronic infections and full body symptoms. I appreciate your positivity, but it sounds like this is coming from someone who is either asymptomatic or has very mild symptoms. 

After I was infected, I have felt this disease almost every single day. I feel that I have only had a day or two of feeling nothing. 

I have a bit of a problem with the whole "skin condition" phrase. For me at least, it is so much more.

10 minutes ago, eva13 said:

It is hard for it to be thought of as a "skin condition" for people with chronic infections and full body symptoms. I appreciate your positivity, but it sounds like this is coming from someone who is either asymptomatic or has very mild symptoms. 

After I was infected, I have felt this disease almost every single day. I feel that I have only had a day or two of feeling nothing. 

I have a bit of a problem with the whole "skin condition" phrase. For me at least, it is so much more.

Eva, what are your symptoms like?

On 12/27/2016 at 3:42 PM, Mister Hyder said:

No..... it's not just a skin condition. Why would you make such a ridiculous comment?

19 minutes ago, Whyyyyy said:

Eva, what are your symptoms like?

I always feel uncomfortable in some sort of way. Whether that be my legs tingling and itching, my vaginal area itching and painful, burning urination, etc. 

Outbreaks are far worse, definitely. But I always feel that something is wrong. I haven't felt "nothing" since before my diagnosis.

15 minutes ago, eva13 said:

I always feel uncomfortable in some sort of way. Whether that be my legs tingling and itching, my vaginal area itching and painful, burning urination, etc. 

Outbreaks are far worse, definitely. But I always feel that something is wrong. I haven't felt "nothing" since before my diagnosis.

I'm so sorry! Are you taking AV's daily? Try coconut oil down there for discomfort...or lemon balm. I know not having to deal with this is what you'd prefer...me too, sister!!! We can get through this though!