Connect Anonymously for Herpes Support.
Herpes go away

it ain't a big deal so chill

hello guys .. herpes be it genital or oral it's not a big deal at all !!! it's just a  skin condition.. according to a research sexually active people were screened for genital herpes and they were asked if they had any outbreaks before .. 90 percent of them said they never experienced it in their lives !! they were tested and about 70 percent were seropositive .. they were educated about it and given lectures and asked to monitor their symptoms.. a few months later they actually had a better understanding what the condition is .. they now started reporting of hsv symptoms !! the thing is they had such minor outbreaks that they didn't even notice .. it goes away and most of the sexually active people have it without knowing they carry it .. the problem is with people with recurrent outbreaks .. but my point here is you shouldn't freak about having it.. people have got other problems like hiv which is life threatening.. so the best bet is always use protection and take a chill pill and if you r in a serious relationship u can forgo the use of condoms once u discuss the risks involved .. live ur lives people life is too short for regrets and it's nothing to be ashamed about.. most of us are exposed to it and our bodies respond to it differently!!! 

Thank you I really needed to hear that, herpes is such an ugly word. I think it's the incurable part which gets people down 

On December 27, 2016 at 3:42 PM, Dr. Hyder said:

hello guys .. herpes be it genital or oral it's not a big deal at all !!! it's just a  skin condition.. according to a research sexually active people were screened for genital herpes and they were asked if they had any outbreaks before .. 90 percent of them said they never experienced it in their lives !! they were tested and about 70 percent were seropositive .. they were educated about it and given lectures and asked to monitor their symptoms.. a few months later they actually had a better understanding what the condition is .. they now started reporting of hsv symptoms !! the thing is they had such minor outbreaks that they didn't even notice .. it goes away and most of the sexually active people have it without knowing they carry it .. the problem is with people with recurrent outbreaks .. but my point here is you shouldn't freak about having it.. people have got other problems like hiv which is life threatening.. so the best bet is always use protection and take a chill pill and if you r in a serious relationship u can forgo the use of condoms once u discuss the risks involved .. live ur lives people life is too short for regrets and it's nothing to be ashamed about.. most of us are exposed to it and our bodies respond to it differently!!! 

Are you really a physician? If so, what is your specialty?

3 hours ago, SoCe said:

Thank you I really needed to hear that, herpes is such an ugly word. I think it's the incurable part which gets people down 

What gets people down is that they are fear of being rejected because they have herpes and the stigma it's got nothing to do with whether it is incurable or not because at the end of the day most people do lead normal lives with it.  There are people who suffer ongoing symptoms which does make it a lot more difficult but as this other poster has said most people have no symptoms and wouldn't even know they have it so really it is only knowing that you have it that is the problem for most people mentally

On 12/27/2016 at 3:42 PM, Mister Hyder said:

It is hard for it to be thought of as a "skin condition" for people with chronic infections and full body symptoms. I appreciate your positivity, but it sounds like this is coming from someone who is either asymptomatic or has very mild symptoms. 

After I was infected, I have felt this disease almost every single day. I feel that I have only had a day or two of feeling nothing. 

I have a bit of a problem with the whole "skin condition" phrase. For me at least, it is so much more.

10 minutes ago, eva13 said:

It is hard for it to be thought of as a "skin condition" for people with chronic infections and full body symptoms. I appreciate your positivity, but it sounds like this is coming from someone who is either asymptomatic or has very mild symptoms. 

After I was infected, I have felt this disease almost every single day. I feel that I have only had a day or two of feeling nothing. 

I have a bit of a problem with the whole "skin condition" phrase. For me at least, it is so much more.

Eva, what are your symptoms like?

No..... it's not just a skin condition. Why would you make such a ridiculous comment?

19 minutes ago, Whyyyyy said:

Eva, what are your symptoms like?

I always feel uncomfortable in some sort of way. Whether that be my legs tingling and itching, my vaginal area itching and painful, burning urination, etc. 

Outbreaks are far worse, definitely. But I always feel that something is wrong. I haven't felt "nothing" since before my diagnosis.

15 minutes ago, eva13 said:

I always feel uncomfortable in some sort of way. Whether that be my legs tingling and itching, my vaginal area itching and painful, burning urination, etc. 

Outbreaks are far worse, definitely. But I always feel that something is wrong. I haven't felt "nothing" since before my diagnosis.

I'm so sorry! Are you taking AV's daily? Try coconut oil down there for discomfort...or lemon balm. I know not having to deal with this is what you'd prefer...me too, sister!!! We can get through this though!

Posted (edited)

they were educated about it and given lectures and asked to monitor their symptoms.. a few months later they actually had a better understanding what the condition is .. they now started reporting of hsv symptoms !!

Doesn't make any sense. It's so unlikely that so many would produce symptoms in a couple of months after being told them...

Easy there Dr.Oz

..Also human error. Unfortunately, people can't necessarily be trusted.

Edited by K_Sock

Las personas que tienen pocos síntomas o son asintomáticas tratan de callar a los que en verdad tienen síntomas o varias recurrencias, todos los cuerpos y sistemas inmunes son diferentes con las enfermedades y aparte existen varias cepas de hsv-1 y -2 que son más agresivas 

Por otra parte yo e repetido varias veces en este foro mi situación sobre mi hsv pero nadie me quiere creer

People who have few symptoms or are asymptomatic try to silence those who really have symptoms or recurrences, all bodies and immune systems are different with diseases and there are several strains of hsv-1 and -2 that are more aggressive

On the other hand I repeated several times in this forum my situation on my hsv but nobody wants to believe me

That is because it is simply not feasible.

You cannot get genital herpes from a kiss! Mwwwahhhh!

39 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

That is because it is simply not feasible.

You cannot get genital herpes from a kiss! Mwwwahhhh!

@WilsoInAus I agree.. but if you're being factual, as I know you like to be, then you will acknowledge that it's entirely possible via self-inoculation. Of course, the genital hsv wouldn't occur directly from the kiss, but the indirect transmission is pretty much the same thing. Facts.

Not really, possible yes, exceptionally low probability - also fact.

2 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

Not really, possible yes, exceptionally low probability - also fact.

Probability doesn't matter. It's a fact that it's possible.

Probability is everything! There is also a chance that an asteroid will come out of the asteroid belt and destroy all life on Earth. Hasn't happened in 4 billion years, but how about we stop doing anything in life just in case it happens!

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

Probability is everything! There is also a chance that an asteroid will come out of the asteroid belt and destroy all life on Earth. Hasn't happened in 4 billion years, but how about we stop doing anything in life just in case it happens!

@Atrapasueños is only one person... If everyone claimed self-innoculation that'd be a problem. One person , or very few people, claiming it is not an issue to probability.. Every one of us here are statistical anomalies.

Check yourself @WilsoInAus

Edited by K_Sock

Yo obtuve ohsv-1 de un beso y si según dice usted que no se puede obtener ghsv-1 por los anticuerpos  mis síntomas de ohsv fueron a los 3 días del beso y mis síntomas en mis genitales fueron a los 2 meses 

@WilsoInAus

I got ohsv-1 from a kiss and if according to you say you can not get ghsv-1 for antibodies my symptoms of ohsv were at 3 days of the kiss and my symptoms on my genitals were at 2 months

1 minute ago, Atrapasueños said:

Yo obtuve ohsv-1 de un beso y si según dice usted que no se puede obtener ghsv-1 por los anticuerpos  mis síntomas de ohsv fueron a los 3 días del beso y mis síntomas en mis genitales fueron a los 2 meses 

@WilsoInAus

I got ohsv-1 from a kiss and if according to you say you can not get ghsv-1 for antibodies my symptoms of ohsv were at 3 days of the kiss and my symptoms on my genitals were at 2 months

One cannot get ghsv-1 from antibodies created to combat an oral hsv-1 infection, but you could have self-inoculated yourself. Self-inoculation would mean passing your oral hsv infection to your genitals via touching and, whilst "rare", is very possible. 

Así como tu lo explicas es lo que me pasó a mi, es por eso que en las recomendaciones dicen no tocar otras partes de su cuerpo como sus genitales o los ojos ya que se puede reinfectar otra parte de su cuerpo, claro las posibilidades dicen que son pocas pero existen los casos yo soy una de esas personas, aparte de que mis síntomas en mis genitales empezaron después de 2 meses de mi infección por un beso, si yo no genere anticuerpos en esos 2 meses tuve una auto-inculacion al tocar mis genitales y los médicos no me dieron ninguna indicación de prevención y sólo me dieron medicamento y listo

@K_Sock

Just as you explain it is what happened to me, that's why in the recommendations say do not touch other parts of your body like your genitals or eyes since you can reinfect another part of your body, of course chances say Are few but there are cases I am one of those people, apart from my symptoms in my genitals began after 2 months of my infection for a kiss, if I did not generate antibodies in those 2 months I had a self-inoculation when playing my Genitals since the doctors did not give me any indication of prevention only the medication and ready

Así como hay gente que tienen ohsv y por tocar sus lesiones con sus dedos se puede genera el pandadizo Y las posibilidades no son nulas así como las mujeres que usan píldoras anticonceptivas pueden quedar embarazadas reinfectar otra parte de tu cuerpo es posible

y si mira algunos casos  hay gente que tiene hsv en hombros, manos, pies brazos 

Just as there are people who have ohsv and by touching their lesions with their fingers the pandadizo can be generated And the possibilities are not zero as well as women who use birth control pills can become pregnant re-infect another part of your body is possible

And if you look at some cases there are people who have hsv on shoulders, hands, feet arms

This thing is really too a big deal. The WHO should downgrade it to a common cold that does not go away.

So you got it. I got it. We got it. Just move on. 3.9 billion got it. You can get it from sharing drinks.

It's is just a Skin Condition, if it's not just a Skin Condition then tell me what is it? It shows up on your skin and it's a condition?

Downplay it, it's is causing us more mental destruction then it is anything else. Anxiety, depression, suicidal etc. For a skin condition? Together we must fight the mental stress it gives us all and just handle it. 

Much love to all.