World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
Unrequited

HSV2 vaccine Vitaherpavac

Unrequited

I can't seem to find any detailed threads about the Russian Vaccine. Can anyone elaborate?

OFMDH

It's an inactivated version of HSV for therapeutic vaccination. Initially good results but scientists behind it found out it wasn't that great overall. I recall even inactivated virus stuns dendritic cells and fails to really move the needle on T cells. You would think as the vaccine has all the viral proteins you'd get better antigenic breadth but that doesn't mean you get durability or the proper immune response by using it.

As Halford mentions in his blog there's a problem in chronic virus/cancer tumors where T cells are presented antigens so often they start ignoring the virus (and in the case of cancer tumors can grow). It's called T cell anergy. You can prime the immune system to see more antigens but the immune system still has a diminished immune system reactivation (sourceT cell anergy is an early event in the tumor-bearing host, and it suggests that tolerance to tumor antigens may impose a significant barrier to therapeutic vaccination.)

What's really going on for hsv is effector cells kill themselves rather than turn into memory cells because the hsv virus during latency is actually wearing them out by causing T cells to accumulate PD-1. Subunit, Live and inactivated unmutated virus versions don't change this. Which is why all HSV therapeutic vaccines have failed [durability].

There is a skin cancer T-cell therapy now approved by the FDA to block PD-1 using recombinant anti pd-1 antibodies. It's shown to significantly and not just temporary interrupt this to allow t-cells to turn into more memory cells. It should work for hsv sufferers with chronic OB (source: Restoring function in exhausted CD8 T cells during chronic viral infection and Blocking of PDL-1 Interaction Enhances Primary and Secondary CD8 T Cell Response to Herpes Simplex Virus-1 Infection). Incredibly expensive though and only approved by FDA for skin cancer...  (its x4000 the cost of gold). Someone here said HSV cure will be a by-product of HIV cure. Rather skin cancer and HSV have more in common.

Edited by OhFuckMyDickHurts

wildman

I can't speak to the efficacy of the Russian vaccine, but so far it seems to have caused me no harm. I acquired it from Russia via airmail a few weeks ago and self-injected it intradermally, per the recommended protocol. No adverse effects aside from mild redness, which is normal.

Second_chance
2 hours ago, wildman said:

I can't speak to the efficacy of the Russian vaccine, but so far it seems to have caused me no harm. I acquired it from Russia via airmail a few weeks ago and self-injected it intradermally, per the recommended protocol. No adverse effects aside from mild redness, which is normal.

S this vaccine suppose to stop both transmission and OB's? 

wildman

It's a Russian anti-herp vaccine, and Russia approved it for sale there. It might help, it might not do much - Russia is less stringent than the FDA in approving things, but they did have some Russian data supporting it's approval for sale in Russia. Also, if there is a therapeutic effect, it may fade over time, an issue many herp vaccines in the past have had. It seemed worth a shot (or 5), but I can't comment on the effects yet - aside from the fact that I am still alive and nothing bad has happened to me as a result of my decision to obtain it from overseas and self-administer it . . . they give it to people in Russia all the time, so I figured why not . . .

GGinger
On 1/31/2017 at 8:49 AM, wildman said:

It's a Russian anti-herp vaccine, and Russia approved it for sale there. It might help, it might not do much - Russia is less stringent than the FDA in approving things, but they did have some Russian data supporting it's approval for sale in Russia. Also, if there is a therapeutic effect, it may fade over time, an issue many herp vaccines in the past have had. It seemed worth a shot (or 5), but I can't comment on the effects yet - aside from the fact that I am still alive and nothing bad has happened to me as a result of my decision to obtain it from overseas and self-administer it . . . they give it to people in Russia all the time, so I figured why not . . .

Hello, can you please contact me. I wanna know how did the vaccine worked.

Skrillah80

Very interested..please get a hold of me and tell me how it worked out..

MikeHerp

I haven't taken it.  But most reports were that it only worked for a while and then stopped working.