World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Reka

Im new

Reka

Hi, I'm new I just found out I have herpes and I can't stop crying. I have no support and my partner is having second thoughts about our relationship.

What should I do??  

Newtothisandscared

Stay strong, talk with people here, ask questions, read up on hsv...knowledge is power :). Welcome :)

Advertisement

lizzi

Go to your closest friends, the ones you know won't be judgmental. & educate yourself on the virus..learn about it, how it works, how to prevent OBs. how common it is and why. As far as your partner, have patience and be understanding

...the thing is if he can't see past a virus then maybe he's not the one. But I promise you could and will still be loved by someone who sees through any big or minor flaw. I hope he can come to his senses and educate himself on hsv as well. My best wishes to you.

also, I've been reading poetry on HSV and other STIs. It helps a lot.

theres also a really cool support page on Tumblr called Herpblr, lightens things up, you see we have all be diagnosed and have gone thorugh our first OB. Its always the worst....& it may be hard to see right now but you will be fine, you will live a happy life if you choose to.

luvurself16
    3 hours ago, Reka said:

Hi, I'm new I just found out I have herpes and I can't stop crying. I have no support and my partner is having second thoughts about our relationship.

What should I do??  

Have you thought about therapy? I have no support either so therapy was the best decision for me. 

Reka
    4 hours ago, Newtothisandscared said:

Stay strong, talk with people here, ask questions, read up on hsv...knowledge is power :). Welcome :)

Thanks ☺

Reka
    2 hours ago, lizzi said:

Go to your closest friends, the ones you know won't be judgmental. & educate yourself on the virus..learn about it, how it works, how to prevent OBs. how common it is and why. As far as your partner, have patience and be understanding

...the thing is if he can't see past a virus then maybe he's not the one. But I promise you could and will still be loved by someone who sees through any big or minor flaw. I hope he can come to his senses and educate himself on hsv as well. My best wishes to you.

also, I've been reading poetry on HSV and other STIs. It helps a lot.

theres also a really cool support page on Tumblr called Herpblr, lightens things up, you see we have all be diagnosed and have gone thorugh our first OB. Its always the worst....& it may be hard to see right now but you will be fine, you will live a happy life if you choose to.

I have been reading up ...you know it's still so shocking really but I wanna be happy again so I'm going to do my best. 

Advertisement

Reka
    2 hours ago, luvurself16 said:

Have you thought about therapy? I have no support either so therapy was the best decision for me. 

Yeah I've thought about it might just do it too 

Lisajd

Has your bf been tested at all.  Its important to remember its very common and takes time to pick yourself up.  But it doesnt really change your life unless you have ongoing symptoms or let the thoughts associated with the stigma affect you.  

lizzi

You'll be fine Reka, just give it some time...acceptance is the hardest part of all this but it'll happen. Just live as you normally would, except now take lots of care of your health.

I still have my terrible food binges now & then but I'm good with taking my vitamins to try and keep my immune system strong.( I take vitamin C & D, as well as lysine)

Reka

Thanks for all the support you all make it sound so easy. I appreciate the advice really. :)

phil UK 1972

hi reka, sorry to hear you are feeling down about this.....always a bad time when you get first diagnosed but as you will probably have read some of my comments, things do get better in time.

I dont understand the comment about your partner isnt sure about you two anymore....im assuming he was the one who passed the virus on to you in the first place? 

chin up, keep strong