Reka

Im new

11 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm new I just found out I have herpes and I can't stop crying. I have no support and my partner is having second thoughts about our relationship.

What should I do??  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stay strong, talk with people here, ask questions, read up on hsv...knowledge is power :). Welcome :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go to your closest friends, the ones you know won't be judgmental. & educate yourself on the virus..learn about it, how it works, how to prevent OBs. how common it is and why. As far as your partner, have patience and be understanding

...the thing is if he can't see past a virus then maybe he's not the one. But I promise you could and will still be loved by someone who sees through any big or minor flaw. I hope he can come to his senses and educate himself on hsv as well. My best wishes to you.

also, I've been reading poetry on HSV and other STIs. It helps a lot.

theres also a really cool support page on Tumblr called Herpblr, lightens things up, you see we have all be diagnosed and have gone thorugh our first OB. Its always the worst....& it may be hard to see right now but you will be fine, you will live a happy life if you choose to.

LilyMae likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Reka said:

Hi, I'm new I just found out I have herpes and I can't stop crying. I have no support and my partner is having second thoughts about our relationship.

What should I do??  

Have you thought about therapy? I have no support either so therapy was the best decision for me. 

LilyMae likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Newtothisandscared said:

Stay strong, talk with people here, ask questions, read up on hsv...knowledge is power :). Welcome :)

Thanks ☺

LilyMae and Newtothisandscared like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lizzi said:

Go to your closest friends, the ones you know won't be judgmental. & educate yourself on the virus..learn about it, how it works, how to prevent OBs. how common it is and why. As far as your partner, have patience and be understanding

...the thing is if he can't see past a virus then maybe he's not the one. But I promise you could and will still be loved by someone who sees through any big or minor flaw. I hope he can come to his senses and educate himself on hsv as well. My best wishes to you.

also, I've been reading poetry on HSV and other STIs. It helps a lot.

theres also a really cool support page on Tumblr called Herpblr, lightens things up, you see we have all be diagnosed and have gone thorugh our first OB. Its always the worst....& it may be hard to see right now but you will be fine, you will live a happy life if you choose to.

I have been reading up ...you know it's still so shocking really but I wanna be happy again so I'm going to do my best. 

LilyMae, Newtothisandscared and lizzi like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, luvurself16 said:

Have you thought about therapy? I have no support either so therapy was the best decision for me. 

Yeah I've thought about it might just do it too 

LilyMae likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has your bf been tested at all.  Its important to remember its very common and takes time to pick yourself up.  But it doesnt really change your life unless you have ongoing symptoms or let the thoughts associated with the stigma affect you.  

AusHopeful and LilyMae like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'll be fine Reka, just give it some time...acceptance is the hardest part of all this but it'll happen. Just live as you normally would, except now take lots of care of your health.

I still have my terrible food binges now & then but I'm good with taking my vitamins to try and keep my immune system strong.( I take vitamin C & D, as well as lysine)

Reka and LilyMae like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the support you all make it sound so easy. I appreciate the advice really. :)

lizzi likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi reka, sorry to hear you are feeling down about this.....always a bad time when you get first diagnosed but as you will probably have read some of my comments, things do get better in time.

I dont understand the comment about your partner isnt sure about you two anymore....im assuming he was the one who passed the virus on to you in the first place? 

chin up, keep strong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Herpes Dating Web Site

    Guest, would you like to try dating another Herpster in your area?

    Search Now
  • Newbies

  • Latest Buzz

    • gd123
      @WilsoInAus Thanks for your reply. Sorry, I think my post was unclear, this was the response from the sti testing company/advisory service, not the lab itself. I just think it's poor that they won't tell me what sort of igg it was and why they say 4-6 wks is sufficient.  It's the principle, a highly regarded testing company could be contributing to the amount of people unaware they have hsv, and the money side of it that makes me feel very strongly. I did previously let it go but it started to wind me up again so I thought I'd put the questions forward to them. Unfortunately I'm not educated in testing/hsv enough to put forward a decent, backed up argument. Maybe I should let it go, I just feel that it's wrong.
    • gd123
      @Franticheart this was before I knew anything about h or its incubation period, I was completely uneducated at this point and trusted them because they run clinics from a reputable bupa hospital near my house. I remember you recommending thesticlinic to me on a post I made in June, on that post I mentioned that I'd already had that 6 week test that I'm talking about with b2k. My repeat test is arranged with thesticlinic through you pointing me in their direction . I'm just angry that I can't get my £70 back from a pointless test and decided to pursue the concern with b2know yesterday!
    • Nightmare7575
      How do people respond when you tell them ?  It great you are so open,There is a story on the net from a woman who just tells everybody  whenever she has a chance and is just our to everybody..
    • Nightmare7575
      The boxer/underwear I wear come down to my thigh so they cover all the areas I have read on here that need to be covered. There is an old saying [necessity is the mother or all invention ] or something like that[lol].  Ideas are meant to be expanded on ,so biker shorts with a hole and condom.
    • Nightmare7575
      LillianPanos how do you join or get somebody to say your OK to join ? Thanks 
    • WilsoInAus
      That's all OK, bring all your questions here and we can see what we can do. 
  • Trending