Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Loveme0505

Need advice?

7 posts in this topic

A couple months ago, I met a wonderful guy (or I should say I thought I did), we dated and then became sexually intimate.   I asked him if he was free of any STD's prior to having sex, he said yes. One thing led to another, and had Sex with no condom on the first time. So the next day I asked him if he could bring me test results stating that he was free of STD's. He said yes. A couple days later, he then sat down to talk to me and told me he had HSV2. He has an outbreak about 1 time a year. I freaked out and was furious for the fact that he lied to me.

A couple stressful weeks went by, I got tested and all my results were negative. I am still negative. Over those couple of weeks I was thinking long and hard of wether to stay with this guy or not since I had feelings for him. At the end I decided not to stay with him. I did not feel comfortable risking myself to HSV2. He all of a sudden became enraged, and starts to yell at me. He said I fooled and lied to him. I guess he fell in love with me and now that I decided to leave, he wants to point fingers at me for no reason? He said I caused him damage and I'm a bad person. He also said I would of never known anything about his HSV2 if he hadn't told me, that he should of never told me.  I feel he acted very immature about this as I have a right to know of his status and also have a right of staying or leaving him. But the blame is on me and depicting me as a horrible person. He carrys this pitty story that he is the victim and tells everyone.

I don't get it? Am I missing something here I don't see?

No you're not missing anything here. Your reactions and actions are normal and typical. 

I am one person who does not believe that the presence (or absence!) of HSV is part of a thinking process surrounding relationships, but everyone is different and follows their own path.

His actions do seem off base. However, your course of action is to simply ignore and move on.

Loveme0505 likes this

Lack of honesty and not giving you the choice is wrong from my perspective.  He obviously is taking it out on you for his own mistake

Loveme0505 likes this

I think u made the right decision for you,he cant blame you for leaving,but he might have gotten attached to you. That may be yhe reason for his reaction,its very hard for someone to reveal that they have herpes to another that they have feelings for,he probally only told you with high hopes of you staying with him

Loveme0505 likes this

Thanks s for the replys. 

If i had not asked for STD test results, I think he would of not told me of his status. I guess he felt he had no choice but to tell me since it would show up on test results.

He told me that he doesn't tell all his partners about his status, just for this same reason....to avoid rejection.  That remark left me stunned. This situation has opened my eyes and has changed the way I date now. Everything happens for a reason and some are a learning experience.

Yeah it has been an eye opener to us with the virus also ,we don't want to catch anything else 

herpesderpes likes this

On 1/16/2017 at 8:20 AM, Loveme0505 said:

Thanks s for the replys. 

If i had not asked for STD test results, I think he would of not told me of his status. I guess he felt he had no choice but to tell me since it would show up on test results.

He told me that he doesn't tell all his partners about his status, just for this same reason....to avoid rejection.  That remark left me stunned. This situation has opened my eyes and has changed the way I date now. Everything happens for a reason and some are a learning experience.

Hey loveme0505 am just curious if u didn't catch ghsv from him,how did u find your way on HC forum?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Herpes Dating Web Site

Guest, would you like to try dating another Herpster in your area?

Search Now
  • Similar Content

• lovelyhgirl
      By lovelyhgirl
      Hi! Recently a guy that I had just started dating got an outbreak and found out that he has herpes. We had been dating for a little less than a month and everything was great, I was really falling for him until he found out that he had herpes and decided to stop dating me. To give more context, we had sex before he found out, but after his diagnosis I took a test and came up negative, so neither of us passed it to the other. Anyway, he said that he was too depressed and shocked with the news to even think about getting in a relationship or keep dating me. I got very upset because at no point I had said I didn't want to date him because he had herpes, in fact I tried to be as supportive as I could and told him that I'd be happy to keep getting to know him and see where things go. So I'm very confused right now because I feel like maybe he was not sure about me or he was not very interested. But at the same time, I don't have herpes and I don't know how I would feel in his situation, so was trying to get your opinions, is it really possible to be so depressed with the news that you want to avoid contact with someone you were dating? do you think is true that he is very depressed? And is there anything I could do or just let him come back when he has accepted the news a bit better (he found out about a month ago)?
      thanks!! 
    • HarrisonIs
      By HarrisonIs
      Hello

I'm looking for some advice, I'm really struggling to recognize if I'm having an outbreak or not. I've had previous skin conditions of red dots and itchy skin as I had severe eczema as a child which has now thankfully cleared up. However, now being diagnosed with HSV1 gential about 10 months ago, I experience my primary (quite severe) OB and my secondary OB of only one minor lesion, I now find myself mulling over every red dot I find on my genitals. Currently I have a few red bumps under my foreskin which have left me wondering again whether or not I'm experiencing an OB  I was also awakened last night my a sudden sharp pang of itching/pain on my penis last night but and unsure if that was just boxers catching me or if it is linked!
      I'm finding it very hard to know whether me and my partner are safe to have sex and am feeling it start to effect my confidence and I don't want to keep having to say no because I'm worrying!
      I'd really appreciate any advice,
      H
    • Chris h
      By Chris h
      Hi, 
           Sexually active 40 something male. Other day found what I thought was a small cut on head of penis. Was found after fooling around with someone and figured it was a minor cut from fingernail. Not oozing. Urination normal. No pain unless I prod at it, and it is minor. 
      Lower lip has a soreness to it. No blister. No crust. No ooze. Redness, small cuts around inside of mouth. Noticed more so after eating spicy food tonite. 
      Is this potentially herpes, or perhaps just coincidental conditions? Thoughts? 

• HarrisonIs
      By HarrisonIs
      Hello Everyone!
      Just joined and am looking for some advice
      I was diagnosed with GHSV1 about 10 months ago, as far as I'm aware my new partner has tested negative so I'm trying to be careful ( just a bit of background for you).
      I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on OBs, has anyone ever had them without and pre symptoms? No itching, no tingling and no illness?
      I notice a small red dot/mark on myself this morning while bathing and am unsure if I'm having an OB or not! 
      Any advice would be greatly appreciated
      Thanks,
      H
    • dancing
      By dancing
      I am a newly diagnosed (<1 year) HSV2 positive female. For the first time since my diagnosis, I started to hook up with a guy and things got heated. Being the fact that I didn't tell him about the situation, no intercourse happened however, at one point he fingered me and in the heat of the brought his fingers to his mouth. Although no direct oral sex from him to me happened, we are worried about the rate of transmission. I am on valacycolvir daily had no sign of an outbreak and no prodrome pain from shedding (I've experienced nerve pain in the past). I also went down on him and, even though I do not have oral HSV2, this is also something he is concerned about.

I would like to know if anyone has had any similar experiences to mine or has any information on how likely it may be that he has been put at risk, anything to ease the anxiety... 
  • Newbies

• Latest Buzz

• gd123
      @WilsoInAus Thanks for your reply. Sorry, I think my post was unclear, this was the response from the sti testing company/advisory service, not the lab itself. I just think it's poor that they won't tell me what sort of igg it was and why they say 4-6 wks is sufficient.  It's the principle, a highly regarded testing company could be contributing to the amount of people unaware they have hsv, and the money side of it that makes me feel very strongly. I did previously let it go but it started to wind me up again so I thought I'd put the questions forward to them. Unfortunately I'm not educated in testing/hsv enough to put forward a decent, backed up argument. Maybe I should let it go, I just feel that it's wrong.
    • gd123
      @Franticheart this was before I knew anything about h or its incubation period, I was completely uneducated at this point and trusted them because they run clinics from a reputable bupa hospital near my house. I remember you recommending thesticlinic to me on a post I made in June, on that post I mentioned that I'd already had that 6 week test that I'm talking about with b2k. My repeat test is arranged with thesticlinic through you pointing me in their direction . I'm just angry that I can't get my £70 back from a pointless test and decided to pursue the concern with b2know yesterday!
    • Nightmare7575
      How do people respond when you tell them ?  It great you are so open,There is a story on the net from a woman who just tells everybody  whenever she has a chance and is just our to everybody..
    • Nightmare7575
      The boxer/underwear I wear come down to my thigh so they cover all the areas I have read on here that need to be covered. There is an old saying [necessity is the mother or all invention ] or something like that[lol].  Ideas are meant to be expanded on ,so biker shorts with a hole and condom.
    • Nightmare7575
      LillianPanos how do you join or get somebody to say your OK to join ? Thanks 
    • WilsoInAus
      That's all OK, bring all your questions here and we can see what we can do. 
  • Trending