Cepheid

She told me after three months dating.

6 posts in this topic

Hello All,

After three months of her and I dating, she told me she had contracted HSV-2 from her ex-husband 10 years ago. She said that she was exposed to it in her vaginal area but only has outbreaks on her shoulder. I didn't think anything of it at the time bc I really believed her. She also said she takes medicine and was safe.

Well, I just got dumped by this girl after a year of dating. I caught her in lots of lies and I was thinking about the HSV-2 virus she has. I read the following on BeyondHerpes website:

"The herpes lesions are limited to the dermatome it initially infected unless you autoinnoculate (self-infect) yourself somewhere else."

" Typically, if there is a recurrence it will occur in the exact same location as it did previously, or closely nearby."

Was she lying to me about her shoulder and only having outbreaks there?? When I confronted her she says the doctors thought it was weird and wanted to study her. She admitted to being initially infected in her vagina. I'm really scared now!! How could someone tell their sexual partner they have genital herpes virus after 3 months of being intimate? I'm so angry, sad, scared, and feel really stupid. I have not seen anything down there that would be a symptom.

Can someone please help me with some valuable insight?

Thank you.

Edited by Cepheid

u just have to hope u didn't get it, and its a legit hope.  most of the time people aren't shedding at all (or at least in enough of a quantity to be a risk).  they shed during outbreaks, but most people wouldn't want sex during one.  they also can shed when NOT having an outbreak, but for most people this is a very limited time window.

Cepheid likes this

Sorry to hear your story. I would suggest that you get tested now for piece of mind, and in 16 weeks because sometimes it takes that long for antibodies to build up and reflect an accurate HSV status. If you are fortunate enough to test negative, take this as a valuable life lesson and get a 10 panel std test with every partner in the future to avoid these unfortunate predicaments!

Edited by West end gal
Cepheid likes this

Hello,

Is she then infectious if she shedding? Not sure what that is but I will research it. So is she lying about only having outbreaks on her shoulder but contracted the virus vaginally? So you think I was at risk to catch it genitally?

Thank you for replying.

Cepheid

hello west end,

This is so stressful. I found out she's with another guy and I'm sure she's not telling him either. I know of him and met him once.

So ask new potential sexual partners to get a 10 panel std test?! Wow, what has this world come to?

Maybe I'll just take a vow of celibacy. 

West end gal and passionatepisces like this

It is very stressful, you just need to take care of yourself right now....

If I knew then what I know now...I would make sure to get tested every time, to m e it is so worth the piece of mind!!