Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Felix12

Can cannabis oil cures herpes?

18 posts in this topic

Fascinating for sure but if it were true it could be duplicated and studied to actually find out if it is true. I have doubts because a site that is pro marijuana would be willing to espouse unverified results to further the acceptance of legalization of it.

what I say is it probably isn't true but if you use enough of you will forget you even have herpes. Hey it can't hurt but if this would work I don't think the virus would have been around for these thousand years. Just mho

Theblues likes this

True, but I wonder how many people have used the oil and root powder for this purpose. A lot of people smoke pot who have herpes and still have symptoms, but that wouldnt necessarily effect the neurons the same way- though we do know that cannabis influences the nervous system in a significant way. I'd love to see a study conducted. There are so many herbal remedies for herpes, many of which are promoted by doctors,  so it only makes sense that one of the most potent herbs that is already known for its effects on nerves, would be somewhat effective. But the cannabis stigma is as prevalent as the herpes one unfortunately..ugh stigmas. I live in Massachusetts though, so I'm going to look into this thing.

Is the weed legal now in MA? If so its time for Road trip!

Hey guys I'm a little confused. Do you apply it to the sores or do you take it by mouth? 

To the sores from what I read. Have you tried it?

No I don't get sores, I on,y get pimple like lesions that don't even hurt. My problem is the nerve pain in my genitals, I thought maybe smoking weed during my bad days might help reduce the pain :( I'll try anything to help get me through my bad days. 

I believe of course smoking weed will help with pain...etc

32 minutes ago, SnowAngel said:

No I don't get sores, I on,y get pimple like lesions that don't even hurt. My problem is the nerve pain in my genitals, I thought maybe smoking weed during my bad days might help reduce the pain :( I'll try anything to help get me through my bad days. 

SnowAngel likes this

If you contact the guy on FB, he'll send you the oil for free.  Not sure how it could possibly work, but..

Edited by Felina88

Smoking cannabis has been shown many times to work as an immune modulator. In a study which I do not have time to find right now, smoking cannabis increased viral replication, very likely because of it's weakening of the immune response. However, there was one in-vitro result which showed topical application of Delta 9 THC (the psychoactive cannabinoid) to HSV2 in human and monkey cells inhibited replication.

5 hours ago, Constant Diplomat said:

Smoking cannabis has been shown many times to work as an immune modulator. In a study which I do not have time to find right now, smoking cannabis increased viral replication, very likely because of it's weakening of the immune response.

Sorry - are you saying smoking might actually be making the situation worse??

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 0:14 PM, Felina88 said:

If you contact the guy on FB, he'll send you the oil for free.  Not sure how it could possibly work, but..

Contact which guy? I'd be willing to give it a try...

21 hours ago, notjejune said:

Sorry - are you saying smoking might actually be making the situation worse??

Yes. Precisely.

1 minute ago, Constant Diplomat said:

Yes. Precisely.

ohhhhhh nooooooooooooooooooooooooo. I'm doomed.

Feelinglost2 likes this

What does your experience tell you? If you're not having problems, then no problem.

notjejune likes this

12 hours ago, Constant Diplomat said:

What does your experience tell you? If you're not having problems, then no problem.

I've been dealing with this for less than a month so experience is pretty limited. I guess we'll see though!