Connect Anonymously for Herpes Support.
Sign in to follow this  
vive

pregnant at 24 with hsv2, questions

I just found out I'm 4 weeks pregnant. I've had genital herpes outbreaks for the last 6 months . I was exposed to the virus 2 years ago. Ive been having an outbreak once a month, but now its constant. Im on valtrex, herbs, special diet, etc. im really worried about transmitting the virus to my baby in the womb as well as childbirth

I don't think you can transmit to the baby in your womb, there is a risk of transmitting during childbirth if you're experiencing a current OB at that time, you may need to opt for a c section

Advertisement

Your obs are likely pregnancy related. I understand that its thru vaginal birth or if you get it while pregnant is the issue.  Surely your dr would know this?

And also, when your little one is ready to enter into the world, your doctor will do a check for any outbreaks. If you do have an outbreak you make likely have a c-section. 

A propósito, alguém pode me dar uma dúvida; Já houve, pelo menos relatórios aqui neste espaço, casos de transmissão para a criança no útero?

I gave birth at the beginning of this year and I'm currently pregnant again 4 months later. I was told at the hospital I was positive for ghsv2, however I've had it since 2014 assuming my results were accurate I know who it came from. My baby was completely healthy I've never taken valtrex and probably had maybe 2 or 3 obs during my pregnancy. At the time of her delivery I had one and she was fine, but she had to be in the nicu for some days until they got her results back. Seeing as your infection isn't newly acquired you'll be fine and if there's a ob at the time of birth I'm sure they'll give you a cesarean.

Advertisement