Connect Anonymously for Herpes Support.
UprisingMadness

HSV 2 in mouth?

Can you get HSV 2 in your mouth? I have HSV 2 and the guy I got it from, I did give him oral, for like 5 secs, but honestly, he was too big and I stopped. My first outbreak was Jan 4 in my genital area. It went away after about a week and my doctor prescribed me generic Valtrex. Today I am noticing some weird kinda white bumps on my lips and my throat is a little sore and there are some tiny little white bumps back there. My tongue also feels like I drank something hot and burned it, which I haven't. I never broke out in my mouth with my first outbreak so what the heck is happening?! I'm still on the antivirals but the dose I'm taking now is less and only one time daily instead of 2x. Help! I don't know if I'm overreacting.

I was scared a bunch of times that it spread to my mouth some how. I'd keep checking under my tongue and stuff thinking it was herpes, but it wasn't. Most of the time I bit my inner cheek in my sleep and stuff. But yea, it was never oral herpes, so I'd say you can possibly rule that one out. Although I noticed another post you wrote, I think that indicated you made out with a guy that night. Could it be something related to that?

I don't know. I doubt it...I know some of the side effects from the medication I'm on is a sore throat and I also just changed my chapstick to a different kind so not sure if that's what's causing these weird white bumps. You can't even see them unless I kinda stretch out my lips. I guess I will know in a couple days if it is. The guy I got this from didn't know he had it, or at least that's what he said. 

Hsv2 is rare to get orally and likely you would get an ob in both places.  Its likely to be something else.  

Good! I am a little worried. Now I'm thinking that maybe it's the chapstick I started using. It's burts bees, but I'm usually a Carmex or Blistex user:/

22 minutes ago, UprisingMadness said:

Good! I am a little worried. Now I'm thinking that maybe it's the chapstick I started using. It's burts bees, but I'm usually a Carmex or Blistex user:/

Do you have ardor? On tongue or lips? Their protuberances are similar to shin grains with white in the center?

Tiene ardor? En lengua o labios? Sus protuberancias son parecidas a granos de espinilla con color blanco en el centro? 

It may be possible my contagion was for a kiss, and for my carelessness in the first few months I infected genitals and arms so I have genital herpes and cold sores

Puede ser posible mi contagio fue por un beso, y por mis descuidos en los primeros meses me infecte genitales y brazos así que tengo herpes labial genital y en brazos 

Actually, I just googled the crap out of it and I think it's Fordyce spots. Which is nothing contagious and it probably is the new chapstick I was using. I have had them before, but there just seems to be more and you can't see them unless I stretch my lips out. Just clogged oil glands in the lips. Has to be the chapstick. I'll let ya know if it turns into something else:see_no_evil:

Just an update, bumps are getting better since I stopped using that chapstick and switched back to my old. Whew!!!;)

I do not know what kind of virus I have, whether it's hsv 1 or 2, but what I do know is that I did oral sex on a girl and soon after the pentacle the condom broke. Both the mouth and genital do not break lesions, only in the first infection, but the mouth becomes swollen and sometimes also subtly opened below the eyes and forehead but is very light. I have recently had headaches. I do not know if this is too bad or less bad than the situations that usually occur with most cases that are lesions at constant repetitive sites.

Edited by Ajuda

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Herpes Dating Web Site

Guest, would you like to try dating another Herpster in your area?

Search Now
  • Newbies

• Latest Buzz

• Seeker1960
      I wouldn't jump to conclusions but herpes is a posibility. Herpes cannot be positively diagnosed visually. There are othwr condition that produce similar symptoms. Go to the Doctor and have tje blisters swabbws within 48 hrs. If they dry up and you swab you may get a false negative. Take a  blood test in 12 weeks
    • Tense
      Wow, sorry this sounds pretty crappy. I too have been recently seen because of an outbreak. I wouldn't care abo It having this but, my love of my life was gone for 6 months and  now wants me back. What do i do?? Don't know what to say to tell him. Will go on supporessincd therapy.  To be honest. Sounds like he has something anyway. The o.b doesn't have to present. Some may not have an o.b because they have a good immune system. I am proud of you for getting tested to begin with. He may be positive and  may never test for fear of the knowing he has it. The tingling in the face is yes shedding. I get that and then get one on my nose. It sucks. Sorry to hear about your problem with all this. I am here to listen. I am deeply depressed and at a major low but, talking to many here will help.   
    • hopeing
      Yes they are likely herpes, go see a doctor.
    • Tense
      No, no oral. I kissed him,gave him oral and grinded on his part. The Dr swabbed my cervix, not the sores. I had a bad burning sensation, red area, and then i got red pimple like sores That popped up on the 11th the pain and itch are finally going away. I have been on acyclovir 400 mg 3 times a day since the 11th.  I had my rectal Area a few days ago pop up with a bunch of white pustukes that hurt like hell. He had a cut on his lip which I  now think he was having an outbreak.   
    • jingle
      The positive hsv1 blood test means you probably have oral hsv1 from childhood. Do you know what the value was for the blood test for hsv2? The positive swab may mean you recently got infected with hsv2. What kind of swab was it? culture or PCR? What symptoms did you have that was swabbed? Do you have any estimate of when you would have been exposed with the virus? any days when you had a new partner or unprotected sex? You might want to wait at least 12 weeks, ideally 16 weeks (and in rare cases up to 24 weeks) to get another IgG blood test done for confirmation about hsv2. In the meanwhile, if it is definitely hsv2, you're right, valtrex is most effective if taken as soon as symptoms start, no more than a day after symptoms start. Your body will adjust with time and you will likely not need to take it all your life, although that are people who take valtrex daily and do just fine. It all depends on how well your immune system can keep the virus in check. Do you ever get cold sores on your lips? If you don't, inspite of having oral hsv1, your immune system has learnt to keep hsv1 in check, and will eventually learn to do the same for hsv2. There are many natural alternatives, please read through the natural remedies section on this forum, it's a good place to start. No 2 people are same when it comes to natural remedies (or even valtrex for that matter) so you'll need to experiment and see what works best for you. By the way, the fist outbreak is the worst, so it's possible you may not even have another outbreak or may have outbreaks very rarely. The first year is usually the most outbreaks. Good luck, and let us know if you have more questions.
    • Spider man
      Hmmm I'd say it's always a risk so she needs to be prepared just in case. But I would say as you taking the suppression give it about a Max of 5 days til it's fully in your system and don't get off of it. Only have sex her ovulation days. Restrain from sex if u feel any symptoms coming. If you haven't already you need to study your body if you are asymptomatic I'd just say suppression therapy and sex only on ovulation days is your best bet. The risk will always be there but their are successful discordant couples going 10-20 years strong. So as long as she is aware of the risk I'd say go for it
  • Trending