Connect Anonymously for Herpes Support.
Kabali04

Getting pregnant without transmission

Hello all,

Is it at all.possible to get a women pregnant without giving virus to mother and kid???? Any success story will be encouraging!!!

Yes it happens quite a lot. There are many couples who do not pass HSV between them. They have plenty of unprotected sex and have children.

HSV is a risk during childbirth and this is a 1 in 1,000 chance that is bypassed in certain circumstances by c-section.

Do you have genital herpes? Which type?

Advertisement

Hi, 

Thanx for this info. Yes I have hsv2 no anti viral treatment yet. 

Planning to start suppressive therapy after getting married.. atleast till getting pregnant

How were you diagnosed? Did the partner know they had it?

I got it from a not so responsible one night stand... Did a self test for all std... HSV antibody came positive.. +ve

How many days after the episode did you test? Was it type specific for HSV-1 and HSV-2 or a combined test? Was it IgG or IgM?

Advertisement

I tested very late.. after 8 month. IgG was way high 24.8 .. not type specific.. but I know it's hsv2..

Well not at all, you can be quite confident that you have an oral HSV-1 infection from your childhood! Why would you suspect HSV-2?

2 hours ago, WilsoInAus said:

Well not at all, you can be quite confident that you have an oral HSV-1 infection from your childhood! Why would you suspect HSV-2?

How can you determine that it is a HSV 1 infection I'm quite curious in regards to the igg numbers and what it means when someone has such a high number because I've seen it a few times

@Lisajd My gyno told me that high levels of IgG means that the infection is recent.

It just means that it's a definite positive from what I understand.  

14 hours ago, Lisajd said:

How can you determine that it is a HSV 1 infection I'm quite curious in regards to the igg numbers and what it means when someone has such a high number because I've seen it a few times

So many people have HSV-1 from childhood. Here we have a young man (barely 20s I think) where incidence of HSV-2 is very low. No genital symptoms are described at all after a single episode of concern. A positive non specific test is therefore overwhelmingly HSV-1.

The number is not overly meaningful, whilst a higher number indicates that more antibody was probably present and attracted to the antigen in the testing well. Many results are in the 20-80 range say with many being reported simply as >5 or >8. 

Only conclusion to draw really is that the person carries the virus.

I agree high values of igg mean not to worry except for the fact virus is present.  During initial days I did nothing but to worry.. but now I have accepted this fact I am infected... With promising news of a cure in the near future.. I am optimistic that I will survive with the virus... 

No need to be optimistic, you will of course not only survive but thrive.

You're body has 80 viruses in it right now!! There is no real need or benefit in worrying about them at all, there is nothing you can practically do except treat your body temple as it should be treated. If you were going to be worried about your viruses, the list is headed by plenty other than HSV!

Edited by WilsoInAus