Connect Anonymously for Herpes Support.
YammyTea

Idea: Herpes Disclosure Contract

For those who choose to date with herpes and are in fear of someone coming back saying they gave them herpes, maybe a contract would be a good idea.

The contract should require the person to get tested for herpes prior to sexual involvement, even kissing. (If that person has been with someone in the past 3 months, wait another 3 months and get retested to be sure). The person should also provide a copy of the results (don't just take their word for it).

• The person should acknowledge they are aware that you have herpes and you have full disclosed your status
  • The person should acknowledge they are will to "risk" catching the virus  (I hate the word risk now...fyi)
  • The person should acknowledge they will keep your status confidential

I feel this will save some people from guilt and possible lawsuits...just saying

Whilst it seems very logical and seems good on paper. Will it not serve to freak out the other person and scare them? This doesn't really serve to reduce stigma, which is the real problem. o

I think choosing better loving responsible partners, educating yourself and them and going into a sexual relationship with them both aware of the possibility they may contract it. But also, being responsible and knowing the risks can be reduced to near 0%.

If it is the right person, it shouldn't be a problem.

this just seems a bit too clinical for me, but yes, there is a risk. If you are worried, all you would need to do is have some evidence in a text or something they were aware of you having Herpes. Like you sending them all the links to education and information, say in an email. Then, you always have something to fall back on.

A legal contract is way too much, sometimes we serve to build stigma by hiding from it, ultimately trying to protect ourselves from hurt and shame. We should be speaking out, and open about it, its just such a taboo condition and its nonesense why that is.

I suppose if you had disclosed and you were very wealthy and famous, then that is a different matter, because there are people in the world who would use this against them for financial gain and fame. But the normal person isn't like this.

Edited by Unrequited

I think @YammyTea is onto something.  I googled, "Can you sue someone for giving you herpes" before seeing this thread and found these two articles.

http://stories.avvo.com/relationships/10-std-laws-you-should-know-about-2.html

http://blogs.findlaw.com/injured/2014/06/can-you-sue-someone-for-giving-you-an-std.html

Obviously, whipping out an already drafted contract might not be the best idea, but it's something that can be discussed beforehand.

This would be the same thing as a prenuptial agreement.  Such agreements aren't just for those with money. And, people having a prenuptial agreement or disclosure contract doesn't make them any less loving, responsible, or trusting.  It can just save a lot of heartache and headache should the marriage/relationship end or the person does end up contracting HSV.  

We all know relationships can turn sour and ugly.  And, people will bring up certain things out of hurt and resentment.  The last thing any HSV+ person needs is someone to claim they didn't know or wasn't told and have it be a he/she said, he/she said situation.  

I think this is a good idea one can either choose to use or not.

You have to prove you were tested negative prior to the relationship.  Drs may not do that. Id rather disclose and agree to get tested. I want to know their std status too.  I dont want hiv..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Herpes Dating Web Site

Guest, would you like to try dating another Herpster in your area?

Search Now
  • Similar Content

• Everythingisfine
      By Everythingisfine
      I’ve been recently diagnosed with Hsv-1 by a blood test so idk if the infection is in my mouth or gentials cause I haven’t had any symptoms. But I’m going back and forth between feeling okay & then feeling contagious . I have so many questions & I don’t want to travel all the way to the doctors to get them answered . I know the basics but I just want my particular questions answered.  Does anyone know where I can get my questions answered by a doctor online ? Or someone who is really educated on the subject that I can email .i honestly feel like I would feel better if I get my questions answered. 
    • nolagirl94
      By nolagirl94
      Hey all. It's been a while since I have been on here.. I have been having an outbreak, first in over a year and it has me extremely depressed and disgusted with life.. The man who gave me it is actually going to trial this month for vandalising my car a few months ago. LSTS, I got it from my first sexual partner ever. I still haven't gotten myself to move on in fear of having to tell someone about this. It's a painful disease and it's not something I would think most people would want to risk when there are millions of other women out there without it. I hope I don't offend anyone, I have the disease myself, it's just how I think. 
      I feel very alone and isolated a lot. I would really really benefit by having someone local or close to my age, to talk to this about so I don't always bombard my friends, who have no idea how I truly feel.... Is anyone in this forum in Louisana? And knows of any herpes support groups? I would also be Interested in joining a private Facebook group.
      Flood my posts with positive dating experiences please. How did YOU tell someone about H? I could really use some happy thoughts. 
    • vitacoco
      By vitacoco
      Hi everyone! Since my diagnosis my boyfriend has been pretty supportive, but I feel like I'm alone in the relationship sometimes. I thinks I'm treating him like a "monster" since he is the one who gave me herpes. I really don't mean to be, but deep down it's almost like I want to punish him for it. I know he didn't even know he was infected, and I love him very much, but I can't help but resent him for what he's putting me through. Any thoughts or replies would be greatly appreciated
    • vitacoco
      By vitacoco
      Hi everyone, 
      I have SO many questions. As of yesterday I found out I have HSV1. My boyfriend spread it to me through oral after he recently had gotten over a cold sore, yet it is still on my genital area. I found out yesterday what it was and I have not stopped crying since. Neither of us had any idea the virus could spread like that and he feels extremely guilty, yet fully supportive. I love him so much, but I'm only 17 so I think everyone can agree we most likely will not be together forever. I'm extremely nervous for my future. How do I tell a potential partner I have HSV1? When do I tell them? Are all my sexual fantasies over before I'm even 18? And.. most importantly.. will anyone ever accept me again? I feel like my dream of a husband and family went out the window. Please. please reply. I need someone to talk to ASAP. 
    • Newtothisandscared
      By Newtothisandscared
      Hi Everyone, 
             I have an odd question/thought that I wanted to share. I acquired GHSV1 from my boyfriend. We are in a monogamous relationship and I love him but sometimes I wonder if anyone has it tucked in the back of their heads, as I guess I think about it sometimes, would this ever make me less likely to ever leave him if things fell apart in some way. I am strong, independent, etc. but I worry that finding someone who accepts me with HSV would ever be likely if we ever broke up. It wouldn't prevent me from moving forward if need be, but it is a thought that is tucked in the back of my mind.....
  • Newbies

• Latest Buzz

• Seeker1960
      I wouldn't jump to conclusions but herpes is a posibility. Herpes cannot be positively diagnosed visually. There are othwr condition that produce similar symptoms. Go to the Doctor and have tje blisters swabbws within 48 hrs. If they dry up and you swab you may get a false negative. Take a  blood test in 12 weeks
    • Tense
      Wow, sorry this sounds pretty crappy. I too have been recently seen because of an outbreak. I wouldn't care abo It having this but, my love of my life was gone for 6 months and  now wants me back. What do i do?? Don't know what to say to tell him. Will go on supporessincd therapy.  To be honest. Sounds like he has something anyway. The o.b doesn't have to present. Some may not have an o.b because they have a good immune system. I am proud of you for getting tested to begin with. He may be positive and  may never test for fear of the knowing he has it. The tingling in the face is yes shedding. I get that and then get one on my nose. It sucks. Sorry to hear about your problem with all this. I am here to listen. I am deeply depressed and at a major low but, talking to many here will help.   
    • hopeing
      Yes they are likely herpes, go see a doctor.
    • Tense
      No, no oral. I kissed him,gave him oral and grinded on his part. The Dr swabbed my cervix, not the sores. I had a bad burning sensation, red area, and then i got red pimple like sores That popped up on the 11th the pain and itch are finally going away. I have been on acyclovir 400 mg 3 times a day since the 11th.  I had my rectal Area a few days ago pop up with a bunch of white pustukes that hurt like hell. He had a cut on his lip which I  now think he was having an outbreak.   
    • jingle
      The positive hsv1 blood test means you probably have oral hsv1 from childhood. Do you know what the value was for the blood test for hsv2? The positive swab may mean you recently got infected with hsv2. What kind of swab was it? culture or PCR? What symptoms did you have that was swabbed? Do you have any estimate of when you would have been exposed with the virus? any days when you had a new partner or unprotected sex? You might want to wait at least 12 weeks, ideally 16 weeks (and in rare cases up to 24 weeks) to get another IgG blood test done for confirmation about hsv2. In the meanwhile, if it is definitely hsv2, you're right, valtrex is most effective if taken as soon as symptoms start, no more than a day after symptoms start. Your body will adjust with time and you will likely not need to take it all your life, although that are people who take valtrex daily and do just fine. It all depends on how well your immune system can keep the virus in check. Do you ever get cold sores on your lips? If you don't, inspite of having oral hsv1, your immune system has learnt to keep hsv1 in check, and will eventually learn to do the same for hsv2. There are many natural alternatives, please read through the natural remedies section on this forum, it's a good place to start. No 2 people are same when it comes to natural remedies (or even valtrex for that matter) so you'll need to experiment and see what works best for you. By the way, the fist outbreak is the worst, so it's possible you may not even have another outbreak or may have outbreaks very rarely. The first year is usually the most outbreaks. Good luck, and let us know if you have more questions.
    • Spider man
      Hmmm I'd say it's always a risk so she needs to be prepared just in case. But I would say as you taking the suppression give it about a Max of 5 days til it's fully in your system and don't get off of it. Only have sex her ovulation days. Restrain from sex if u feel any symptoms coming. If you haven't already you need to study your body if you are asymptomatic I'd just say suppression therapy and sex only on ovulation days is your best bet. The risk will always be there but their are successful discordant couples going 10-20 years strong. So as long as she is aware of the risk I'd say go for it
  • Trending