YammyTea

Idea: Herpes Disclosure Contract

4 posts in this topic

For those who choose to date with herpes and are in fear of someone coming back saying they gave them herpes, maybe a contract would be a good idea.

The contract should require the person to get tested for herpes prior to sexual involvement, even kissing. (If that person has been with someone in the past 3 months, wait another 3 months and get retested to be sure). The person should also provide a copy of the results (don't just take their word for it).

• The person should acknowledge they are aware that you have herpes and you have full disclosed your status
  • The person should acknowledge they are will to "risk" catching the virus  (I hate the word risk now...fyi)
  • The person should acknowledge they will keep your status confidential

I feel this will save some people from guilt and possible lawsuits...just saying

KeepThriving likes this

Whilst it seems very logical and seems good on paper. Will it not serve to freak out the other person and scare them? This doesn't really serve to reduce stigma, which is the real problem. o

I think choosing better loving responsible partners, educating yourself and them and going into a sexual relationship with them both aware of the possibility they may contract it. But also, being responsible and knowing the risks can be reduced to near 0%.

If it is the right person, it shouldn't be a problem.

this just seems a bit too clinical for me, but yes, there is a risk. If you are worried, all you would need to do is have some evidence in a text or something they were aware of you having Herpes. Like you sending them all the links to education and information, say in an email. Then, you always have something to fall back on.

A legal contract is way too much, sometimes we serve to build stigma by hiding from it, ultimately trying to protect ourselves from hurt and shame. We should be speaking out, and open about it, its just such a taboo condition and its nonesense why that is.

I suppose if you had disclosed and you were very wealthy and famous, then that is a different matter, because there are people in the world who would use this against them for financial gain and fame. But the normal person isn't like this.

Edited by Unrequited

I think @YammyTea is onto something.  I googled, "Can you sue someone for giving you herpes" before seeing this thread and found these two articles.

http://stories.avvo.com/relationships/10-std-laws-you-should-know-about-2.html

http://blogs.findlaw.com/injured/2014/06/can-you-sue-someone-for-giving-you-an-std.html

Obviously, whipping out an already drafted contract might not be the best idea, but it's something that can be discussed beforehand.

This would be the same thing as a prenuptial agreement.  Such agreements aren't just for those with money. And, people having a prenuptial agreement or disclosure contract doesn't make them any less loving, responsible, or trusting.  It can just save a lot of heartache and headache should the marriage/relationship end or the person does end up contracting HSV.  

We all know relationships can turn sour and ugly.  And, people will bring up certain things out of hurt and resentment.  The last thing any HSV+ person needs is someone to claim they didn't know or wasn't told and have it be a he/she said, he/she said situation.  

I think this is a good idea one can either choose to use or not.

You have to prove you were tested negative prior to the relationship.  Drs may not do that. Id rather disclose and agree to get tested. I want to know their std status too.  I dont want hiv..

luvurself16 likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Herpes Dating Web Site

Guest, would you like to try dating another Herpster in your area?

Search Now
  • Similar Content

• chainondoor
      By chainondoor
      Hi all,

I am a bit confused about a few things in my new 'potential' relationship, and I would really appreciate some advice.
      I met this guy a month and a half ago, on tinder, which maybe doesn't sound promising, but he seems like a genuine guy and has shown a lot of interest in me. He has pursued me a lot and wants us to be open and talk to each other about everything. I feel I can trust him. (though I could be wrong)
      I contracted gHSV1 last year this time. It was very traumatic. I already had a fear of stds, and after that I thought I'd be better off alone. I always told myself that before I disclosed to anyone, we would both get tested (before having sex), and then if he has HSV1, then it would make things a lot easier to either tell him, or keep it to myself.
      But there are a few added complications surrounding this:
      1) We are fooling around and I am afraid he might have and give me HSV2 or something much worse- my experience with HSV1 was sooo terrible, I still get fevers all the time, so if I had them both it would be physically a nightmare.
      2) I am not sure if we are exlusive or official yet. I think he still uses tinder and has many pretty girls on instagram. (i've been hurt a lot in the past)
      3) We fooled around a lot. nothing that would have put him at any risk (i was more worried about myself though), but I almost had sex with him one.. he might be angry about this.

SHORT VERSION
      I met a guy and we are dating more than a month.  In what order do I talk about these things?
      1) Are we exlusive?
      2) Can you go get tested for everything inclusing HSV1 and HSV2?
      3) I have GHSV1
      4) I have a huge phobia of stds.
      I think telling him everything at once will scare him. Any advice here?

Thanks.
    • ivantoinette
      By ivantoinette
      I've been dating a guy for about three weeks. I really like him. We've gone on three dates, & we talk almost every day.
      The last time we were together, things got physical & we made out. So now I'm wondering when I should tell him I have HSV-2.
      The last guy I told threw it back in my face & said I was "lucky" he was even having sex with me. I don't want that experience again. How soon is too soon to tell this new guy? I know I definitely want to be honest and upfront and tell him before clothes come off. I need advice!
    • Amg17
      By Amg17
      So I have not dated or anything since my HSV2 diagnoses... mainly for the fact that I didn't want to have to tell someone about my little problem. Well in the course of events over the past 3 months, I stumbled upon the most amazing guy I've ever met... literally just my luck that he comes along AFTER my diagnosis. I wasn't looking for anyone, I wasn't hoping to find someone I could potentially fall in love with but here we are & I am worrying myself into a tizzy thinking about how in the world I'm going to tell this person I care about that I have herpes & then what is his reaction going to be. I know he's serious about me & I was kind of hoping at this point I would have found something I would consider a dealbreaker, but this guy checks out 110%. I am terrified of being rejected and I am terrified of potentially driving away someone who literally could be my perfect match. Any advice is welcome, maybe a little pep talk is needed as well... I just need to get myself in the right frame of mind for this conversation.
    • YammyTea
      By YammyTea
      I found this article this morning.

http://www.acsh.org/news/2017/01/07/americans-may-have-access-herpes-vaccine-after-all-10697
    • YammyTea
      By YammyTea
      Hello Honeycomb!
      As you know there is a petition going that was recently posted to help get Dr. Halford in front of some important people to discuss his vaccine. Ok, I am in a research group and it has been said that the petition is going to the wrong person. The petition is going to Rational Vaccine instead of congress. I posted this in one of my groups hoping at least this would bring awareness to hsv. Whoever started the petition please have it forwarded to the right people. @passionatepisces