Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kristenmjp

Freaked out my partner?

2 posts in this topic

I've had a grant total of one sexual partner and from him, I contracted genital herpes. I made sure to tell him immediately upon being diagnosed, but just recently (it's been a few months since the diagnosis) we had our first real discussion about my herpes. He started to freak out a little bit, and he was scared since we had sex without a condom, that now he has it, and he's wondering how the heck he got it, and just generally he was bugging about it. He never even knew he had it until I contracted it myself, so I guess he's still coming to terms with it? Anything I could do to help him?

Kristin

For sure there is- but first I must commend you. So many are so freaked out upon being diagnosed that the world around them could go to hell in a handbasket.
But you want to help him. Good on you!

He should not of course be scared about having sex without a condom. He has it, you have it. You can't get it more than once (You can get a different strain of Hsv though).

80% of people who have herpes do not have symptoms, if I remember correctly.
Conservatively 1/4 of sexually active people have genital herpes. Unless he's had 1 partner he may never know how or from whom he got it.
Yes, he should have been more careful, but dwelling on that will not change anything.

Give him lots of hugs.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Herpes Dating Web Site

Guest, would you like to try dating another Herpster in your area?

Search Now
  • Similar Content

• abc12
      By abc12
      Ever since my first ob my genital skin is really sensitive and thin.. every time I have sex my Perineum tears. No matter how much lubrication there is. I'm only 18 so my gyno won't give me anything to help build it up again. Does anyone have any advice on how to stop the skin sensitivity and go back to normal? It makes sex not even enjoyable  
    • Poisonflower
      By Poisonflower
      I've had this for 8 years. It's made me very insecure...so insecure in fact I've found myself in horrible relationships. When they find out its like they don't even try anymore. Never mind how unsexy it is to have the "talk" in the first place it totally kills the sexy vibe for me. It emotional, and it's heavy and with all the reading of other ppls blogs and stories it does not bring me any closer to anyone, more like makes me not want to pursue it anymore. I'm very attractive, not being biased, this is just something I know commonly from other points of view. It's not hard to attract a guy also I've got an amazing talent, I can hold an intelligent conversation, and I'm a real romantic. It sucks, watching the light leave a man's eyes when I tell him. It hurts cause even though articles tell me not to, I brace for rejection. And then don't even get me started on the whole taking what picks me, that's why I'm here...I been with an emotionally abusive asshole who put me through a year long situationship, at first was courting me but when I told him, he said we should just be friends. He changed his mind a week later only to keep me at FWB. I left that alone a year later to enter a relationship with the abusive ex from hell. That would go on for a few years. I finally got the stones to leave and I met someone I really liked. But I couldn't tell him...it thought I had gotten through it after the ordeal with hell man. I was happier, I ate cleaner, my body looked amazing, my skin was glowing, I felt more ambitious. And when I met him he set my soul on fire and I kept it in my head if I tell him it will ruin everything. And I told him nothing and it burned every confidence I had down to ash. I thought I got through it...idk why I can't shake the shame?And why I can't shake the insecurity? I haven't dated since...
    • Nab727
      By Nab727
      It feels so raw & burns when I use the bathroom or sit for a little while. Anything I can purchase from rite aid or Walgreens to relieve the pain ? Please help. Something that won't make it burn even more 
    • _Garden_girl
      By _Garden_girl
      Recently diagnosed, literally caught H2 a few weeks ago from a guy I was dating (has since stopped talking to me because of it, fucking asshole). One stupid night of unprotected sex and two weeks later BAM! I am taking it better than I thought I would, thanks to blogs and support sites like this one.
      My burning question (pun intended) is: Can I still receive oral sex?
      I LOVE receiving oral and the thought that I can never get it again without a dental dam has honestly been the most upsetting reality of my diagnosis. I am on medication which I take twice a day and will not be jumping back into the dating world anytime soon, but I need to know for the future.