Connect Anonymously for Herpes Support.
abc12

Constant itchiness

Ever since my initial outbreak, in the end of September, my vagina hasn't felt normal. Even if it's not an outbreak there's always an itch. It comes and goes throughout the day, but it's a daily thing. It's starting to drive me crazy. Just curious if anyone else has/had a similar experience and could give advice? It's ghsv1. Also sex has been uncomfortable too, so it's not as enjoyable anymore. :( hoping things will change. 

@Cas9 I get pimple like bumps when I have an outbreak, but have had that like 3 times including my first outbreak. It's just itchy and uncomfortable constantly, when there's no bumps. I also have a constant yellowish discharge, too. It's getting very frustrating :( it's everyday

2 minutes ago, abc12 said:

@Cas9 I get pimple like bumps when I have an outbreak, but have had that like 3 times including my first outbreak. It's just itchy and uncomfortable constantly, when there's no bumps. I also have a constant yellowish discharge, too. It's getting very frustrating :( it's everyday

It could be a separate issue and you're assuming it's herpes because it only
started since you got herpes. Maybe it's some other infection. Have you seen a gynecologist?

@Cas9 yeah at first they told me it was a yeast infection and then they said it was BV  (both based off of my symptoms) , it wasn't until December when I got tested they knew what it was. They didn't find anything else 

I kinda got like the same thing. Lotromin helps ease it. But once I got on antivirals I haven't had it come back!

@mw_1234 I'm taking antivirals currently :( I have been for about a month 

oh :/ well maybe try using lotromin? What antivirals do you take?

@mw_1234 yeah I'll try it I've tried lysine! And it's the generic kind of valtrex 

ohhh okay. Well hopefully that helps ease it. Its good stuff :)

@thatsmycat it's not I don't have anything else but hsv1, I was tested both by a swab and blood tests and nothing else came up 

It could be that your vaginal flora has been compromised. I had a similar issue a while back and taking a probiotic specifically for vaginal health helped a lot. Hope you feel better soon.

Also switching to an organic cotton no latex pad for my period helped a lot. I was having terrible reactions to the main grocery store brands. 

I think Valtrex made me itchy. At least it seemed to in my mind to some extent. I was so scared to come off of it, but i have read other accounts of antivirals related to itching. Sometimes i have weird feelings genitally like itching or burning but i always then immediately try to sort out mind over matter.....i hope this helps a bit ;).

On February 16, 2017 at 8:34 PM, LilyMae said:

It could be that your vaginal flora has been compromised. I had a similar issue a while back and taking a probiotic specifically for vaginal health helped a lot. Hope you feel better soon.

Also switching to an organic cotton no latex pad for my period helped a lot. I was having terrible reactions to the main grocery store brands. 

@LilyMae thank you! 

On February 16, 2017 at 10:33 PM, Newtothisandscared said:

I think Valtrex made me itchy. At least it seemed to in my mind to some extent. I was so scared to come off of it, but i have read other accounts of antivirals related to itching. Sometimes i have weird feelings genitally like itching or burning but i always then immediately try to sort out mind over matter.....i hope this helps a bit ;).

I'll deff try mind over matter! I'm gonna try to come off them after a little bit

Posted (edited)
On 2/13/2017 at 6:16 PM, abc12 said:

Ever since my initial outbreak, in the end of September, my vagina hasn't felt normal. Even if it's not an outbreak there's always an itch. It comes and goes throughout the day, but it's a daily thing. It's starting to drive me crazy. Just curious if anyone else has/had a similar experience and could give advice? It's ghsv1. Also sex has been uncomfortable too, so it's not as enjoyable anymore. :( hoping things will change. 

I have this issue as well. The discharge won't go away. Some days it is heavier than others. Will be following this thread. Have been treated for yeast. It was just a shot in the dark considering my doctor did not find anything other than hsv-2.

Edited by bowiefan003

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Herpes Dating Web Site

Guest, would you like to try dating another Herpster in your area?

Search Now
  • Similar Content

• fondazione
      By fondazione
      Just curious, any men out there get GHSV1 from a woman?  If so, how do you think you got it?  I am wondering if I have 1 or 2 because I have to wait another month or so to take the igg since I was exposed to herpes (late Aug) and had lesions on my scrotum and bumps and discoloration on penis.  That went away in a week but still have aches and burning and itching on my genitals still.  My penis sometimes is red from the burning sensation.  Let me know if you guys are out there, thanks! 
    • Rainbow bright
      By Rainbow bright
      I wondered if anyone had found they had trouble getting pregnant after contracting ghsv1?
      It's one of my greatest fears about having this thing.
    • randomQ
      By randomQ
      I contracted GHSV1 from an ex over a year ago. I haven't had an outbreak since the first one. My doctor told me the first year is usually the worst & prescribed me Valtrex 500mg, which I take, but not consistently everyday...I have missed at least a week. Especially since I do not have outbreaks, or have sex I just choose not to take it every day. So here is my problem, and I feel really terrible. I've been dating this guy who works in the medical field...we had a discussion about herpes one day, and he said it wasn't a big deal to him. That would've been the perfect opportunity to tell him, but I was scared.

So fast forward I spent the night at his place...one thing lead to another we ended up having sex. He got up to grab a condom, but I didn't find out until after he was done that he decided not to put the condom on. Then afterwards he says ", You better be good, because I just got tested and everything was negative."  I just laughed & agreed like a complete selfish idiot. It's true he doesn't have anything, minus herpes (he's unaware) because his doctors have never tested him for it. So its been on my mind ever since, and I don't know how to tell him I have HSV1. I'm such an idiot..I should know better. I thought he put the condom on, and that just makes everything much worse. 

• randomQ
      By randomQ
      I contracted GHSV1 from an ex over a year ago. I haven't had an outbreak since the first one. My doctor told me the first year is usually the worst & prescribed me Valtrex 500mg, which I take, but not consistently everyday...I have missed at least a week. Especially since I do not have outbreaks, or have sex I just choose not to take it every day. So here is my problem, and I feel really terrible. I've been dating this guy who works in the medical field...we had a discussion about herpes one day, and he said it wasn't a big deal to him. That would've been the perfect opportunity to tell him, but I was scared.

So fast forward I spent the night at his place...one thing lead to another we ended up having sex. He got up to grab a condom, but I didn't find out until after he was done that he decided not to put the condom on. Then afterwards he says ", You better be good, because I just got tested and everything was negative." Which is true, minus herpes because his doctors have never tested him for it. So its been on my mind ever since, and I don't know how to tell him I have HSV1. I'm such an idiot..I should know better. I thought he put the condom on, and that just makes everything much worse. 
    • Pandaja
      By Pandaja
      Hello,
      I was diagnosed about 2 weeks ago and have been lurking on the forum ever since. I had a mild reaction with about 4 lesions. I didn't even think of herpes since I've been with the same partner for 6 years. The doctor right away said it looked like herpes and needless to say I was shocked. During the time of my outbreak I was under a lot of stress at work, I had just gotten my period (worse cramps I've ever had), and I got my flu shot all in the same day. So when I got my tests back, IgG and IgM both came out positive. I know that the blood tests can take up to a few weeks to months to be positive. My lesions came out positive for hsv1 and so did my blood results. I'm pretty sure I got ghsv1 due to my partner since he's had a few cold sores from time to time. Believe me I'm very upset about this and we're waiting on his results from the doctor. I'm suspecting i've had ghsv1 for awhile and never had an outbreak till my body was dealing with a lot of stress all at once but now i'm worried that I'm already having another outbreak. I felt my vagina a little swollen yesterday and today it started having a little pain as if i had cut myself shaving. I took a 500mg valtrex just in case but did anyone else have a outbreak right after their first. I hate the side effects that valtrex has given me (tiredness, anxiety, and nausea) so I really don't want to be on medication my whole life. I'm confused on why my body didn't have a real "initial" outbreak and why they seem to have started now. I'm really worried that this is going to become a weekly thing. I haven't felt comfortable having sex after the first outbreak and now with my current symptoms i'm even less to try. I started putting tea tree and coconut oil on my parts to hopefully keep any lesions from starting. Any advice or words of guidance would be deeply appreciated. 
  • Newbies

• Latest Buzz

• Seeker1960
      I wouldn't jump to conclusions but herpes is a posibility. Herpes cannot be positively diagnosed visually. There are othwr condition that produce similar symptoms. Go to the Doctor and have tje blisters swabbws within 48 hrs. If they dry up and you swab you may get a false negative. Take a  blood test in 12 weeks
    • Tense
      Wow, sorry this sounds pretty crappy. I too have been recently seen because of an outbreak. I wouldn't care abo It having this but, my love of my life was gone for 6 months and  now wants me back. What do i do?? Don't know what to say to tell him. Will go on supporessincd therapy.  To be honest. Sounds like he has something anyway. The o.b doesn't have to present. Some may not have an o.b because they have a good immune system. I am proud of you for getting tested to begin with. He may be positive and  may never test for fear of the knowing he has it. The tingling in the face is yes shedding. I get that and then get one on my nose. It sucks. Sorry to hear about your problem with all this. I am here to listen. I am deeply depressed and at a major low but, talking to many here will help.   
    • hopeing
      Yes they are likely herpes, go see a doctor.
    • Tense
      No, no oral. I kissed him,gave him oral and grinded on his part. The Dr swabbed my cervix, not the sores. I had a bad burning sensation, red area, and then i got red pimple like sores That popped up on the 11th the pain and itch are finally going away. I have been on acyclovir 400 mg 3 times a day since the 11th.  I had my rectal Area a few days ago pop up with a bunch of white pustukes that hurt like hell. He had a cut on his lip which I  now think he was having an outbreak.   
    • jingle
      The positive hsv1 blood test means you probably have oral hsv1 from childhood. Do you know what the value was for the blood test for hsv2? The positive swab may mean you recently got infected with hsv2. What kind of swab was it? culture or PCR? What symptoms did you have that was swabbed? Do you have any estimate of when you would have been exposed with the virus? any days when you had a new partner or unprotected sex? You might want to wait at least 12 weeks, ideally 16 weeks (and in rare cases up to 24 weeks) to get another IgG blood test done for confirmation about hsv2. In the meanwhile, if it is definitely hsv2, you're right, valtrex is most effective if taken as soon as symptoms start, no more than a day after symptoms start. Your body will adjust with time and you will likely not need to take it all your life, although that are people who take valtrex daily and do just fine. It all depends on how well your immune system can keep the virus in check. Do you ever get cold sores on your lips? If you don't, inspite of having oral hsv1, your immune system has learnt to keep hsv1 in check, and will eventually learn to do the same for hsv2. There are many natural alternatives, please read through the natural remedies section on this forum, it's a good place to start. No 2 people are same when it comes to natural remedies (or even valtrex for that matter) so you'll need to experiment and see what works best for you. By the way, the fist outbreak is the worst, so it's possible you may not even have another outbreak or may have outbreaks very rarely. The first year is usually the most outbreaks. Good luck, and let us know if you have more questions.
    • Spider man
      Hmmm I'd say it's always a risk so she needs to be prepared just in case. But I would say as you taking the suppression give it about a Max of 5 days til it's fully in your system and don't get off of it. Only have sex her ovulation days. Restrain from sex if u feel any symptoms coming. If you haven't already you need to study your body if you are asymptomatic I'd just say suppression therapy and sex only on ovulation days is your best bet. The risk will always be there but their are successful discordant couples going 10-20 years strong. So as long as she is aware of the risk I'd say go for it
  • Trending