Connect Anonymously for Herpes Support.
Rational Vaxxer

New article about Theravax and Dr.Bill 2/15/17

Dr. Halford believes the two-decade period to test and bring an FDA-approved vaccine to market is constraining serious scientists. “There are a lot of really intelligent people out there,” he says, “but when we make the barriers too high, they don’t have a voice.” He suggests a six-month time period for testing and total trial costs below $1 million could make the free market a force for positive change.

http://www.siumed.edu/pubs/aspects/40-1/coverstory.html

Edited by Rational Vaxxer

And this we already know all about fda is nothing new

Y esto que ya sabemos todo sobre la fda no es nada nuevo 

2 hours ago, Atrapasueños said:

And this we already know all about fda is nothing new

Y esto que ya sabemos todo sobre la fda no es nada nuevo 

You're very insightful thank you for your input:D

big announcement!

"... After the third vaccine I was able to totally come off my pain meds. The symptoms stayed at this significantly reduced level for about four months, "

[...]

Kerry, the trial patient from St. Kitt’s, is counting on that. “Dr. Halford’s vaccine has given me enormous hope that there is finally a path for me to get back to living pain-free again.

Four months is a bit shorter than I was hoping for. The trial patient doesn't seem to have been "functionally cured", just hopeful for the future.

4 hours ago, RVX Patient and Investor said:

It's the same link I just posted  above lol

Edited by Rational Vaxxer

well actually its not, its the link to the blog entry that contains that link, but lets just be happy, m'kay?

15 minutes ago, RVX Patient and Investor said:

well actually its not, its the link to the blog entry that contains that link, but lets just be happy, m'kay?

Let's just relax 

9 minutes ago, Justin Owens said:

So 20 years before it's available in the usa?

More than likely it will be available just outside the US  

When they state "The results were impressive, suggesting a functional cure for the disease may be on the horizon."

Aren't they being a little irresponsible? This vaccine is taken with several injections over the course of a few months. The guy in the article indicated that he had "reduced" levels of pain for 4 months, and that's after multiple injections

So it is safe to assume that he was indeed shedding at several different stages during that 4 month period of "reduced" pain

I mean...I'm thankful to Halfords dedication. But this is certainly not worth flying to another country to pay money for. Taking all 3 injections can only, perhaps, garauntee reduction of symptoms. You will still have to assume you can be contagious at anytime, and it doesnt even last half of a year.

There is still a long way to go. How long is the question. I dont know how this indicates we are closer to a functional cure

Edited by jreemi

The only way we'd be "closer to a functional cure" would be if something were to cut off shedding/transmission/outbreaks 100%, for some period of time, garaunteed and able to be empirically proven in a large sample size of people. That would be the only way we could truly be hopeful that a functional cure is in our reach.

Anything less is merely brushing the real problem under the rug until it decides to shed itself of said rug whenever it pleases

so a few things, (jmho, not speaking in any way other than my own personal POV):

1. the patient in the trial was obviously an extreme case.
2. the patient was helped.
3. the patient is likely to be helped by more shots.  it is expected that some patients will need more shots than others.

it isn't known yet if its a matter of recurring boosters, or just more shots to get your immune system to fully subdue the infection.  i'd imagine durability and efficacy might be unique to each person, and so too how many shots u ultimately need.  

4. it isn't clear from the article actually what happened after 4 months, how much, if any, regression in the condition of the patient there's been.

no one has to believe anything.  there is scheduled to be a Q4 trial.  in the meantime, those who want to get compassionate use sales of the vax can, and others, skeptics and the like, (which is reasonable), can wait to hear what they say / report.

3 minutes ago, RVX Patient and Investor said:

no one has to believe anything.  there is scheduled to be a Q4 trial.  in the meantime, those who want to get compassionate use sales of the vax can, and others, skeptics and the like, (which is reasonable), can wait to hear what they say / report.

Thanks for your participation on these forums. When will this be available? I'm prepared to travel anywhere and I'll be on the next flight. How can I access these Therevax shots?

Edited by Malcolm

the good Dr.Hanley will hopefully soon be on the forums, and he will be the point man for all these kinds of questions.  i hope its very soon for you and all.

5 minutes ago, RVX Patient and Investor said:

so a few things, (jmho, not speaking in any way other than my own personal POV):

1. the patient in the trial was obviously an extreme case.
2. the patient was helped.
3. the patient is likely to be helped by more shots.  it is expected that some patients will need more shots than others.

it isn't known yet if its a matter of recurring boosters, or just more shots to get your immune system to fully subdue the infection.  i'd imagine durability and efficacy might be unique to each person, and so too how many shots u ultimately need.  

4. it isn't clear from the article actually what happened after 4 months, how much, if any, regression in the condition of the patient there's been.

I support the sentiment, but for a different reason.

The issue relates to whether the symptoms are actually related to herpes. There would be little doubt that some of the symptoms for some of the participants are not related to herpes. Hence apart from placebo impact, this means that there will not be a reduction in symptoms. For some people where the issues are herpes related, then hopefully it will be of assistance.

No symptoms are indicative of the level of shedding that is occurring, not even frequency outbreak. Hence we do not know and can assume nothing with regards to shedding reduction.

The only real tangible evidence would be the reduction in outbreaks. This alone would make the vaccine worthwhile. If it reduces transmission rates, which is likely to follow reduced outbreaks, then its a true breakthrough. 

Lastly of course, all vaccines are better positioned as preventative. If the vaccine does this, then again, massive breakthrough.

3 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

I support the sentiment, but for a different reason.

The issue relates to whether the symptoms are actually related to herpes. There would be little doubt that some of the symptoms for some of the participants are not related to herpes. Hence apart from placebo impact, this means that there will not be a reduction in symptoms. For some people where the issues are herpes related, then hopefully it will be of assistance.

No symptoms are indicative of the level of shedding that is occurring, not even frequency outbreak. Hence we do not know and can assume nothing with regards to shedding reduction.

The only real tangible evidence would be the reduction in outbreaks. This alone would make the vaccine worthwhile. If it reduces transmission rates, which is likely to follow reduced outbreaks, then its a true breakthrough. 

Lastly of course, all vaccines are better positioned as preventative. If the vaccine does this, then again, massive breakthrough.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 4-month thing from the article was a mistake... I mean, it really isn't a flattering number to include in an article titled "Game Changer"

43 minutes ago, WilsoInAus said:

If one is suffering symptoms from herpes, they are having an outbreak. If they are having an outbreak, they are shedding and are indeed contagious. This patient confirmed (indirectly) that during the 4 month period he experienced multiple outbreaks.

One could postulate that the symptoms he spoke of were not hsv-related and this not an hsv-outbreak, however one would be reaching. This is because the context of the article is HSV related and makes no mention of other diseases to take into account that the patients may or may not have

Dr bill is correct .. because of FDA we don't have a cure for cancer yet.. y cure the disease if u can earn billions every year by selling meds for palliative care only?

the patient is female, and did not confirm, indirectly or otherwise, that they had multiple OBs.

when Bill publishes his paper on the trial, i'd imagine each case will be laid out, and the symptoms will fit a timeline.  hopefully then all will be able to see how symptoms decrease with each shot and more time.  it should also show who had an uptick eventually, (if anyone) and how long that took and how bad it was.

and again, the first Trial was made up of mostly extreme cases.

8 hours ago, jreemi said:

The only way we'd be "closer to a functional cure" would be if something were to cut off shedding/transmission/outbreaks 100%, for some period of time, garaunteed and able to be empirically proven in a large sample size of people. That would be the only way we could truly be hopeful that a functional cure is in our reach.

Anything less is merely brushing the real problem under the rug until it decides to shed itself of said rug whenever it pleases

If shedding is reduced by the sufferer and the vaccine is given to the partner then the risk of transmission will be so low that it will be negligible. Even if the partner were to contract H, the vaccine as far as I understand it would mean they would probably barely register it if at all make it to the ganglion. 

So yes - it is a functional cure as long as you don't want to sleep around with just anyone. 

56 minutes ago, BeeBusy said:

If shedding is reduced by the sufferer and the vaccine is given to the partner then the risk of transmission will be so low that it will be negligible. Even if the partner were to contract H, the vaccine as far as I understand it would mean they would probably barely register it if at all make it to the ganglion. 

So yes - it is a functional cure as long as you don't want to sleep around with just anyone. 

If one still does not have the freedom to be intimate with different people they're dating, and must still disclose, this is no functional cure. The word cure does not apply whatsoever here. It shouldn't have even been included in the article.

All that crap you mentioned would only come after extensive conversations and reassuring to the girl/guy that the risk would be low if you take this new thing. 

But you would still have to concede that there is still always a small chance you'll spread it, no matter how good you're feeling 

2 hours ago, jreemi said:

If one still does not have the freedom to be intimate with different people they're dating, and must still disclose, this is no functional cure. The word cure does not apply whatsoever here. It shouldn't have even been included in the article.

All that crap you mentioned would only come after extensive conversations and reassuring to the girl/guy that the risk would be low if you take this new thing. 

But you would still have to concede that there is still always a small chance you'll spread it, no matter how good you're feeling 

That is why a preventative is being developed along side it, theraputic will relieve peoples pain and a preventative... if wide spread would make hsv a thing of the past like chicken pox / tb / polio etc.

Why cant people get it into there brains a preventative is the fix... before you post negative rubbish use your brain and work out rvx actual goal... reading the site and halfords blogs might make there be less ignorance to someones hard work here

Edited by fixme1