Connect Anonymously for Herpes Support.
Sign in to follow this  
OLE444

Shedding some light on HSV2

Hey guys, 

Back in August of 2016 I tested positive with HSV2. As soon as the doctor told me I was positive HSV2 my face turned beet red with shame and embarrassment and from there I wanted to curl up in a ball and die. I'm sure my story is very similar to a lot of yours, so I'll spare the details. After a few weeks I was reading tons and tons if articles on cures, treatments, blah blah blah... I know a lot of you have done all of this research only to find out you're stuck with a disease/virus that you will forever have to discuss and treat. All and all its very frustrating and embarrassing.

So, here are the positive sides of this that I was able to make peace with. After about 300 hours of obsessive studying this is what I have come up with and since August what has worked for me: I am not one to take medication from a doctor. I go the holistic route as much as humanely possible

I'm sure if you have researched you have found that Lysine and Arginine play a role in what you consume. 

-Diet Removed meat from my diet 100%. Eat raw vegetables, daily. Delete sugar. No more sweets and no alcohol. The human body needs it's immune system to be as strong as possible to battle this. Goji berries, macca powder, acai powder, and a few other powders. 

-Oil of Oregano This is a treatment that is extremely potent and critical. Again, not the kind you get at the stores. 

-Olive Leaf Extract  Not the kind you get in the stores. This is Olive leaf extract that is made by me. 

I was lucky enough to not like sweets from the beginning so not eating sugar wasn't a big deal. I have been symptom free from HSV2  for months. I went back to get blood work done and tested negative, this could be a false negative. This could be complete luck but based on the research I have done, I am far from the first to test negative for this virus.

I advise you to do your research on the bolded words above and go down the rabbit hole of knowledge. 

If you're interested in getting ahold of me just shoot me a private message and I can send some links over to the people that are driven and determined.

Edited by OLE444
    Missed a few items under "Diet"

For those who were concerned regarding the OP's intent with this post, it appears that the author is genuine in their interest in sharing their success story.  As long as the user does not intend to sell a product it should be fine.  PM me or another moderator if you have any additional concerns :)

Advertisement

Would you like to send me some links if I give you my email? 

Posted (edited)

Ok I'm confused. You didn't get oregano oil or olive leaf extract from a vitamin or health food store? Sorry but I don't own any olive trees

Edited by Kittyleah
    Misspelled word

1 hour ago, Kittyleah said:

Ok I'm confused. You didn't get oregano oil or olive leaf extract from a vitamin or health food store? Sorry but I don't own any olive trees

@kittyleah you can purchase olive leaf... just make sure it is pure and doesn't contain any other ingredients or additives.  Or make your own it seems fairly simple.  Just order olive leaf online. http://growyouthful.com/remedy/olive-leaf-extract.php#how-to-make-olive-leaf-extract

I've come to a similar point, albeit with red meat in place in the diet. Would you mind sharing details of the amounts of OOO and OLE that you are taking?

Advertisement

So you can test positive for herpes and test negative? Are the antibodies my present when having an out break? 

14 minutes ago, Curlyhair26 said:

So you can test positive for herpes and test negative? Are the antibodies my present when having an out break? 

Generally no, IgG antibodies are for life, consistently for most people. In a proportion of cases there is some evidence that seroreversion occurs, that is, IgG antibodies are no longer detected (not a lot is known about this and why it happens.)

Damn, this sucks. I want to get re tested for herpes but now I feel like what is the point if it can come out negative. It won't be a true representation .

That is a pretty big if. If you tested positive before and had the infection say less than 25 years then its hugely likely you will test positive now, 98% plus chance for HSV-2.

Does beg the question though, why do you wish to retest?

To be honest I guess I am still in denial.... I had my first outbreak last year October and haven't had one once since... It just weird I know my body. Anytime I had unprotected sex with any one or multiple partners around the same time my body always reacted to it fairly quickly but this time it didn't. Plus the person who gave I think might of given it to me is in Russia and I am in America so I have no why contacting him. 

What test did you have that was positive? Swab or blood test?

I did a blood test. I had told my mom about and she told me she had it too. But she doesn't get outbreaks often maybe once or twice a year. Could I be similar to her then?

Was it IgG for HSV-2? Do you remember the value as well?

Yes, a couple of outbreaks a year is a very common experience with the virus.

I believe it was for HSV-2 since I gential herpes. But to be honest the nurse called me and told me over the phone. I was shaken up that all I really focused on was being positive. I never saw the test results or anything.

Definitely a good idea for you to get tested. Make sure you ask for IgG antibodies, type specific for HSV-1 and HSV-2. You cannot tell location from a blood test.

Will do! Thank you for your help

I think OLE444 is meaning that you can make your own olive leaf extract/tincture  and oregano oil. Its pretty easy, if you have the ingredients. You can google it.  You can also get the dried ingredients at herbal health food stores or some hip co-ops. The only issue is it takes some time to distill/instill or whatever you call it, like 2 -6 weeks,( so if you are in a rush that won't help, you will have to buy some in the meantime while making your own). You can make a double strength batch as well.

I have a ton of Oregano and lemon balm in my yard. Very opportunistic for my new infection. No olive leaf however . Here is one link but there are several but the technique is basically the same. A tincture however, would be made with alcohol or glycerine.

http://homegrownandhealthy.com/oil-of-oregano-made-at-home/