Chronic anal fissures and negative results

Soconfused2

I need more insight because I'm still so frustrated with whats going on with me. Ive been given 2x 500mg a day for 3 days valtrex because i do have hsv1, but the valtrex never works. It looks like it works a little but after the 3 days is up the anal fissures just get worse. Ive been swabed twice once in august and once this past January. Both came back neg for hsv. But i swear this is hsv because this anal fissure and weird white head appeared two days after unprotected sex with this guy. i get all of the other symptoms (swollen lymph, itching, some red spots but no sores or clusters). The only doctors ive seen for it are the gastro and gyno and both have been inconsiderate and are being ignorant like hsv1 cant cause genital lesions. 

Its been 1 1/2 years with this same fissure and now 3 more. I forgot what it feels like to have a normal painless bowel movement :(

I have reread all your posts and I think you need to give your gyno's view due weight. There is no evidence that HSV-1 is causing your problems. I know this doesn't help much, nor does it change the treatment.

For completeness though please give weight to the following factors:
- many people get oral HSV-1 in their childhood from a parent or close family member
- those with oral HSV-1 have near immunity from a genital infection
- most genital infections with HSV result in sores at the site of virus entry; that is, you do not get infected from vaginal sex and end up with just an anal fissure a few days later
- it is very rare that HSV-1 causes genital fissures.

What you describe is quite common. Mostly even bad fissures close up, but a reasonable proportion of the time they do not. In these cases the fissure is often stitched to assist closure and healing. Has your doctor spoken to you about this option?

I know i just cant get the idea out of my head just because there are too many coincidences :dunno: I try to believe its not but it only lasts so long until i go back to thinking ghsv1. If it doesn't heal soon i may have to have surgery or botox. Plus im sure all of this stress isn't helping the healing process at all. :/ thanks for reply , again haha, maybe there is hope 

• 1 month later...
On 3/14/2017 at 1:30 AM, Soconfused2 said:

I know i just cant get the idea out of my head just because there are too many coincidences :dunno: I try to believe its not but it only lasts so long until i go back to thinking ghsv1. If it doesn't heal soon i may have to have surgery or botox. Plus im sure all of this stress isn't helping the healing process at all. :/ thanks for reply , again haha, maybe there is hope 

Hey, sorry you are having a tough time.  My husband had chronic anal fissures that required surgery.  He is negative for both 1 & 2 and I am positive for 1 & 2.  It may just be coincidental but I understand they feeling that everything that's happens in our bodies is related to H. 

On 13/03/2017 at 10:30 PM, Soconfused2 said:

Did you do blood test?

Update for this post: i got the pill camera test done and my gastroenterologist claimed i have inflammation in my intestines and confirmed Crohn's disease. I still dont fully believe it is crohns, but at the same time I can't see how ghsv1 could be causing chronic anal fissures and inflamed intestines for over a year

If your doctor has given you the diagnosis why will you not accept that I'm happy does not give you anal fissures to that extent at least

2 hours ago, Soconfused2 said:

Update for this post: i got the pill camera test done and my gastroenterologist claimed i have inflammation in my intestines and confirmed Crohn's disease. I still dont fully believe it is crohns, but at the same time I can't see how ghsv1 could be causing chronic anal fissures and inflamed intestines for over a year

I do feel you are on the right track. The chances that Crohn's causes anal fissures must me multiple times the chance of HSV-1 causing continuous anal fissures. Probably hundreds of times more likely.