Theravax for people asymptomatic

cantdoit

Not really, if Theravax is in any way successful then Provax will be the better option for the partner of a person with HSV-2 to prevent transmission. No real harm in both, but the prevention will be the best first option.

• Like 2

I would definitely get a Theravax shot, though I am asymptomatic.  Why wouldn't you want to lessen your worry about transmission by reducing number of days you are shedding?

• Like 5

If you are a symptomatic and out of your first year checking is less at any rate and if you are HSV 1 genital that's even less so consider this if you have not already.  And the reality is if he take meds and use condoms your risk is 1% where's the shot going to reduce it 0.  I think the men that is probably more beneficial

From what Ive been reading, people who are asymptomatic may actually get outbreaks due to T cells leaving the genital area and fighting infection in the proposed intradermal injection site: the calf. Much research needs to be done before I actually get vaccine shot. I get pretty mild symptoms and for the most part am asymptomatic. Again, much research must be done. I'm going to wait until phase 2 trials are completed. 

Edited by dont quit!17

This is sadly a question for WAY in the future. I've heard that Rational Vaccines will do shedding tests for Theravax but no time soon. Dr. Halford at this time is more worried about helping severe sufferers and working on the company's preventative vaccine. 

Watch this short interview, now this is an older one but his plan is still the same.

http://www.sj-r.com/news/20161022/scientist-with-ties-to-siu-reports-positive-results-for-genital-herpes-vaccine

Dr. Halford's dying wish is to eradicate herpes with the preventative vaccine and this has been stated from the start.

I wish they emphasized a little more on Theravax. In my opinion (I am in no way medically/scientifically educated) a therapeutic vaccine that makes you have no symptoms is just as good as a preventative vaccine. It would turn herpes into a small deal, just like getting something that can be fixed with antibiotics.

I can't wait for the day a doctor can say "Oh you got herpes, no big deal, we're going to give you this vaccine that helps your immune system fight it enough to the point where you have herpes but you won't get sores on your privates or mouth or anywhere and you won't get nerve pain or headaches or nausea. Now you can still transmit someone but that won't be a big deal, they can get the vaccine when that happens." That will be the day everyone with herpes gets their life back and the herpes stigma would fade away. 

I could care less if I'm shedding and have the ability to transmit, as long as I don't have sores on my penis or mouth and I'm asymptomatic. Theravax would be a huge success with just that. Now combine that with a preventative for everyone who doesn't have herpes and we're all golden. 

Edited by impugn
  • Like 3

I think that is the point that people need to realise is that a vaccine can not be expected to reduce shedding to zero. I have no idea how people get this perception but it is an important point to realise.

A vaccine is primarily for those without the virus and potentially for the few that experience serious symptoms (and it will assist only a proportion of them). This does not make the vaccine a failure at all. It puts it on par with most vaccines!

• Like 2

Falta mucho para tener algo positivo de estas vacunas, se está trabajando primero para el dolor y síntomas, si sale todo bien harán estudios de vertimiento, y para una vacuna preventiva esta varios años y no lo digo yo lo ha dicho el dr josh bloom así que en pocas palabras nada es seguro

There is a lot to have something positive for these vaccines, you are working first for the pain and symptoms, if everything goes well they will do shedding studies, and for a preventive vaccine this several years and I do not say it I said dr josh bloom as well That in a nutshell nothing is safe

shedding tests have not been done yet.

Agustin has said he expects Theravax to majorly reduce shedding, much more than AVs, but until tests are done it can't be claimed as fact.  personally, i believe its true, as it would be logical that if the vax reduces or eliminates OBs, it would at the very least reduce shedding.

I think most or some on here are looking to reduce symptoms and pain as well as looking for shedding reduction. Who the hell wants to have the conversation. 

• Like 3

On 3/22/2017 at 0:15 AM, impugn said:

Now you can still transmit someone but that won't be a big deal, they can get the vaccine when that happens." That will be the day everyone with herpes gets their life back and the herpes stigma would fade away. 

This to me is unnacceptable. No one is getting their "life back" if they still have to disclose

19 minutes ago, jreemi said:

This to me is unnacceptable. No one is getting their "life back" if they still have to disclose

I'm in a committed discordant relationship and I have already disclosed. Not having outbreaks and reducing the risk of transmission would make a meaningful difference in my life.

The way I see it, Theravax for me and Profavax for my partner for USD$5k is a bargain.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, honey_6974 said:

I'm in a committed discordant relationship and I have already disclosed. Not having outbreaks and reducing the risk of transmission would make a meaningful difference in my life.

The way I see it, Theravax for me and Profavax for my partner for USD$5k is a bargain.

I see the wool has been tightly pulled over your eyes...

1 minute ago, jreemi said:

I don't think you have the authority to “see” anything of the sort.

All published data suggests Theravax and Profavax are generally good things.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, honey_6974 said:

One doesn't need authority of any kind to make an observation. So what you "think" means very little in that respect

1 minute ago, jreemi said:

One doesn't need authority of any kind to make an observation. So what you "think" means very little in that respect

What you are saying is not constructive. I am not here to bicker with people, so I will not discuss this further.

• Like 3

On 3/21/2017 at 10:15 PM, woodrose said:

I would definitely get a Theravax shot, though I am asymptomatic.  Why wouldn't you want to lessen your worry about transmission by reducing number of days you are shedding?

I agree

• Like 1

1 hour ago, honey_6974 said:

Please show me published data on Profavax.

4 hours ago, jreemi said:

Exactly. And when and how exactly is someone getting this preventative. Is someone you are dating going to fly god knows where to get it. Nope. They're gonna run like hell. We need a cure. 

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 6:58 PM, jreemi said:

Please explain your statement.

4 hours ago, woodrose said:

Please explain your statement.

If you think 2.5k for a vaccine is a "bargain" or "compassionate", I'd like a hit of whatever it is you're smoking

its easy to say something like that when u have no idea what goes into making it possible to begin with.

$2.5k is an incredible bargain from the sufferers POV.  

and btw, the term "compassionate use" has NOTHING to do with money.