Has anyone experienced hsv2 on the face/lip/cheek?
I know everyone is different but does it look the same as hsv1?
By information seeker
Hello, fellow reader I am in the process of having the government of Canada start a experimental treatment to cure herpes. I have been following alot of the research sexual transmitted illiness, and have noticed good results for gene therapy. I reason to believe that herpes can be cured within the next 2 years. With an experimental gene treatment. With recent cure of cells with HIV using crispr cas9. I believe a cured can achieve using a cocktail of drugs and gene therapy. The process works by forcing the virus to awaken, while pumping antiviral to stop the spread of the virus. This would allow crispr cas9 to more easily to shred the herpe's DNA in the cell. This would also be combined with a TRIM5α Proteins to prevent the spread replication of the virus. Alot of this optimism comes from the gene therapy treatment that show results with current gene therapy treatments that appears to be successful. I am currently looking for people who live in Canada and are citizens or permanent resident. To join me in the process. If this is successful after a 12 month to 24 months treatment, a subject may be cured of virus permanently. This could also pave the way for future cure in other viral infection like herpes.
Living in Canada
Covered by national healthcare plan.
Willing to be part of experimental treatment.
Any one who does not meet these requirements can comment but may not be able to assist with the process.
I disclosed my HSV2 diagnosis right from the start and only because we had this GREAT connection. He said he did his research and we would just be careful. Well, after dating for 2 months, he decided that he didn’t want to date anymore and “I’m sorry for how shallow that seems”. I was crushed. I think I’m living on false hope that he may change his mind if he does even more research (not one hour online). Just wondering if anyone has ever reconnected with somebody after being rejected by them.
Impressive genital outbreaks since unprotected sex - HSV1 Pos but HSV2 Neg - Herpes or anything else ??By sub16610
I'm really desperated, I've been visiting three different doctors and they didn't help me at all. Here is my story.
I'm a 30 years old male in good physical and medical condition. Healthy and sporty lifestyle.
- April 2018 : One-month holiday trip, including a lot of protected and unprotected sex with stranger girls.
- May 2018 : Back home. I'm noticing redness on the glans and the foreskin of my penis, a few spots under the corona, and my glans looking wrinkled, very dry, and the foreskin looking like "sticky" when retracting the foreskin. I've been thinking about a fungal balanitis, so I've been applying Econazole, without any amelioration. Decided to get tested for HIV, IST, and HSV 1/2. Everything came negative, except HSV1 IgG Positive (IgM 0.70) - so pretty much an old infection. Showed my glans to Generalist Practician who said it looks normal, advises to avoid any chemical, soap, or whatever. I feel pretty much tired all the time, coffee won't help - but I don't feel pain. Tiredness could be related to pollen allergy - I've been tested with a very high IgE.
- June 2018 : Things didn't improve. Exactly the same. Very intense redness after sex, that last up to a week. Decided to go to a dermatologist - even if I showed photos where the redness and the spots are really noticeable, she says she doesn't know, but it doesn't look like herpes to her. She told me to do nothing, avoid chemical and treatments, things should come back in order as nothing has been diagnosed by blood test.
- November 2018 : After another rash/redness episode, went to an urologist. He said my glans and foreskin look normal. The reaction of these 3 doctors to my problem is absolutely incredible. My penis looks completely sick, I told them it has never been like this, and they say it look normal - I don't understand anything. I tried Fusidic Acid cream (antibiotic) without success. Then, I tried antifugal cream again, no result. Foreskin still stick when retracting. I'm beggining thinking about a rare genital HSV1, which outbreaks could be caused by rough sex. Here are some pictures of how my penis was looking at that time.
- December 2018 : Had another blood test. HSV1 still positive, HSV2 still negative, HSV1/2 IgM now in gray zone.
- January 2019 : Since a few days I have the most impressive outbreak I've never had. My glans and foreskin are now covered with red spots. I still don't feel pain - at most a little itchy - but my eyes are blood shot/pink. I don't really feel tired. Yesterday I ran to the pharmacy to buy Valaciclovir - I'm taking 500mg in the morning, 500mg in the evening.
It's been now 8 months I'm dealing with that, and I still don't know what I'm fighting against. As you can guess, it's very hard for me, psychologically.
I'm avoiding having sex and when I do, of course I use protection. Since this last outbreak that really looks terrible, I wouldn't even dare have sex. I'm ashamed, feeling guilty, and it seems like doctors won't help me.
My only hope is this forum.
What is your opinion ? Do you think it looks like an HSV1 outbreak ? If not, what could it be ?
Thanks in advance.
It's been awhile. I got diagnosed with HSV2 last year. Just got an HPV (not the wart kind) diagnosis recently. Anyone on here with both?
- 1 reply
- 35 views
By Rockster, in Spreading and Preventing Herpes
- 31 replies
- 333 views
- 15 replies
- 276 views