Jump to content
World's Largest Herpes Support Group
littlecupcake89

Please help! Could my partner and I have Herpes?

Recommended Posts

littlecupcake89

Hello,

I am in a lesbian relationship with my girlfriend. We have been together 8 months. Her ex girlfriend of a year had Herpes but didn't tell my Girlfriend until their relationship became serious and wouldn't have told her at all if she hadn't slipped up. Her ex told her that her herpes was dormant so it wasn't possible for her to catch. Obviously my Girlfriend at the time believed her and just carried on life as normal with no safe sex procedures. This is very difficult me speaking about this as its my Girlfriends past and also I have Chronic Kidney Disease and I am almost 1 year post transplant.

My Girlfriend told me about this not knowing how serious this was. She had previously done the usual STI tests such as Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea which both come back negative.

My Girlfriend has no idea if she has caught herpes or not. She has had no signs or symptoms of herpes ever, so we are hoping and preying that she has been lucky and not caught it.

Before my girlfriend I had an abnormal result on my smear test and had to have a Colposcopy to remove the top cells and later on I had another smear and it came back clear.

I bleed the majority of the time we have sex (foreplay) and my girlfriend can find sex uncomfortable sometimes. I know this can be a number of other things and I have bled before during intercourse.

I just would really like to know how likely is it that my girlfriend may have contracted this virus?

I am worried sick, because if I have it. It is so dangerous being a kidney patient as well, especially being on anti rejections which supresses my immune system. I haven't had no flare ups, just bleeding during intercourse.

I just need some advice, as I am worried sick. We have got hold of some legit home tests, to do with finger pricking but my partner doesn't finish work until late this evening and I just need as much advice as I can, please help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LillianPanos

I would suggest you go do blood test herpeselect igg for hsv 1 and hsv 2 . If u or her have sore get it swabbed by dr. 

25 minutes ago, littlecupcake89 said:

Hello,

I am in a lesbian relationship with my girlfriend. We have been together 8 months. Her ex girlfriend of a year had Herpes but didn't tell my Girlfriend until their relationship became serious and wouldn't have told her at all if she hadn't slipped up. Her ex told her that her herpes was dormant so it wasn't possible for her to catch. Obviously my Girlfriend at the time believed her and just carried on life as normal with no safe sex procedures. This is very difficult me speaking about this as its my Girlfriends past and also I have Chronic Kidney Disease and I am almost 1 year post transplant.

My Girlfriend told me about this not knowing how serious this was. She had previously done the usual STI tests such as Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea which both come back negative.

My Girlfriend has no idea if she has caught herpes or not. She has had no signs or symptoms of herpes ever, so we are hoping and preying that she has been lucky and not caught it.

Before my girlfriend I had an abnormal result on my smear test and had to have a Colposcopy to remove the top cells and later on I had another smear and it came back clear.

I bleed the majority of the time we have sex (foreplay) and my girlfriend can find sex uncomfortable sometimes. I know this can be a number of other things and I have bled before during intercourse.

I just would really like to know how likely is it that my girlfriend may have contracted this virus?

I am worried sick, because if I have it. It is so dangerous being a kidney patient as well, especially being on anti rejections which supresses my immune system. I haven't had no flare ups, just bleeding during intercourse.

I just need some advice, as I am worried sick. We have got hold of some legit home tests, to do with finger pricking but my partner doesn't finish work until late this evening and I just need as much advice as I can, please help!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
littlecupcake89
3 minutes ago, LillianPanos said:

I would suggest you go do blood test herpeselect igg for hsv 1 and hsv 2 . If u or her have sore get it swabbed by dr. 

 

Neither of us have any sores or any signs of any kind of outbreak. We are doing a home test tonight to do with pricking the finger and placing the blood in test area

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LillianPanos

Are you in us? 

3 minutes ago, littlecupcake89 said:

Neither of us have any sores or any signs of any kind of outbreak. We are doing a home test tonight to do with pricking the finger and placing the blood in test area

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
littlecupcake89
14 minutes ago, LillianPanos said:

Are you in us? 

 

No, I am in the United Kingdom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LucyLevi

Hi Littlecupcake

Please try not to worry as everything you say suggests you are both fine!

One thing you need to be aware of is that if you or your gf test positive for HSV1 don't panic as that could be an old oral cold sore infection. It can be a bit of a red herring.

I'm also in the U.K. But not familiar with the test (although I think someone on here from the UK has used it thro Samedaydoctor) 

If you go to GUM and explain your medical  concern they should do an IGG test for you but you'd have to be assertive with them. I'd only do that if you want further confirmation of the thumb prick test tho.

To be honest I suspect it will all come back negative, but just don't get over anxious if there is HSV1, especially if either of you have had cold sores, even if you haven't, some people have it and don't know.

Come back and let us know how you get on

Take care

Lucy 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
littlecupcake89
4 minutes ago, LucyLevi said:

Hi Littlecupcake

Please try not to worry as everything you say suggests you are both fine!

One thing you need to be aware of is that if you or your gf test positive for HSV1 don't panic as that could be an old oral cold sore infection. It can be a bit of a red herring.

I'm also in the U.K. But not familiar with the test (although I think someone on here from the UK has used it thro Samedaydoctor) 

If you go to GUM and explain your medical  concern they should do an IGG test for you but you'd have to be assertive with them. I'd only do that if you want further confirmation of the thumb prick test tho.

To be honest I suspect it will all come back negative, but just don't get over anxious if there is HSV1, especially if either of you have had cold sores, even if you haven't, some people have it and don't know.

Come back and let us know how you get on

Take care

Lucy 

 

 

Thank you Lucy. I hope they do come back negative and everything will be okay. These tests weren't cheap, my girlfriend is testing herself tonight as if she hasn't got it then I won't have it. Unfortunately her ex failed to tell her for a few months and she never tells her sexual partners neither. It was Genital Herpes that she had but until now me and my girlfriend were unaware that there was two types. My Girlfriend is worried because if she has it and its been passed on to me she said she would never forgive herself because its quite dangerous for someone in my position. I would never leave her because of it. Its been an awful year for us so far so I am just hoping that we get the negative tests. It is just a major worry, she won't be home until 9pm but I will be sure to tell you how she got on. Lets hope its good news. Thank you for your nice words

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • abdull81
      By abdull81
      alsalam aliykom sisters and brothers
      im looking for 7alal inshaAllah .. i have been diagnosed hsv2 since 5 years ago .. my ex wife passed it to me .. i was 32 years old virgin man .. she was my first but ..alhamdulillah i
      believe that every thing happens for reason .. anyway
      im here seeking 7alal so we can complete and love each other .. may Allah make it easy for us to find our ways 
       
      E mail:   mohammed_tempe@hotmail.com
    • TerribleAtUserNames
      By TerribleAtUserNames
      Hi there, 
      Long time lurker, first time poster, and I'll keep it simple and condensed. 
      I've only signed up because I realize the depths of suffering some people are in, trying all sorts of desperate treatments, and I've basically been sitting on something that has taken me to near 0 outbreaks (hsv1 genital).
      When I first got infected some years back, I had an atypical presentation--no pain or itching, but permanently there. Bumps going up and down within the same day even, but pretty much permanently covering the head of my penis. Doctor swabbed it--came back hsv 1; he said it looked like it to him too. 
      Now to the meat of it--rubbing alcohol.
      Its simple, and I'm pretty surprised that I've only seen it mentioned once here--a woman was talking about it, so I assume it works for girls too. I apply once daily, to once every 3 days, and that keeps me pretty much permanently outbreak free. 
      It quite literally went from every day broken out for me to just about nothing. Anyway, to the what and where of it all... 
       
      I use 99% isopropyl. 70% seems good too. I now have a spray bottle, but used to just dump it on the head and roll my foreskin up over it for like 20ish seconds--whatever process is actually happening, I like to think I'm facilitating absorption into the soft tissue by doing this and wreaking havoc on the virus. Obviously, you may have to do it a bit differently, genital depending.
      I've been doing this treatment for a few years now, so it has staying power. I read once that herpes is shreded by alcohol, so if true, I guess that explains it? However, iterupting regular treatment seems to have anecdotally, but not with great surety, made the herpes a bit less suceptible to the alcohol upon resumption. 
      Yes, it burns terribly at first. Over time it gets better. Some days it still really burns, and in those cases I advise listening to your body and cutting the countdown short. Other than that, it feels really damn good to basically tell herpes to eff off. 
      I don't know what kind of health risks there are. Or whether using a high % grain (drinking) alcohol would work / be healthier. I advise asking your doctor--afterall, alchohol is implicated in throat cancer. Who knows if 20-30 seconds daily on your junk can do something too. 
      But for those who struggle constantly, I truly hope this can help someone other than just me. 
       
      I also hope that this finds its way to the right forum. I wanted it in a place where casual, straight from Google, viewers would see it when they came here, and I'm hoping--and asking, please--that if I didn't get it in the right place, a moderator can instead. And, should it help as I suggest, perhaps even stickying it one day. 
      I'm sorry in advance, I'm not a big forum person and don't come here crazy often. It just felt like something I should do for everyone else's sake. Hopefully you can excuse me if I'm an absentee topic starter. 
      Thanks for reading,
      - Taylor
       
      Edit:
      I forgot to add in any negative effects I've experienced. 
      Sometimes, if its burning more than usual and I leave it too long, it does make the skin pinker than it should be, and sore. 
      The big question, what about loss of sensitivity? I worried that may happen, and its possible actually that I've lost some amount. But if I have, it wasn't even enough to remember when posting this originally, hahaha.
      Still every body is different, so I can only speak for me. But yes, for me, my sensitivity down there is still in great shape. 
      Over the last few years I've on average had less stiff erections, and dysfunction, which I never had before. However, I've also been less physically healthy, I've been mentally disengaged and highly anxious around sex and sexuality (and when I'm not anxious, it often improves quite a bit), I read once that herpes itself can actually cause forms of ED, and I'm also now out of my 20's, so... 
      Possibly related? But also very possibly unrelated to the alcohol. I'm biased though, both in mentality and my words here. So, perhaps consult a doctor if you're concerned. 
      Cheers! 
    • Ayopollo
      By Ayopollo
      Hey any help would be great. I’ve been losing my mind of this and I’ve been procrastinating on going to get tested because I’m scared of the results and also I have no insurance or anything to consult with a doctor.
       
      so I got tested may of 2018 and I was positive for hsv1 which I feel like I may have gotten as a kid not sure, but since that test I’ve received unprotected oral sex twice and every since I’ve slowly been growing bumps on the meatus. I’m uncircumcised as well. Could this be herpes, warts, chlamydia? My girlfriend (I cheated on her and don’t know how to explain to her I might’ve caught something) has had a bit of blood discharge on her underwear in between periods. I work a lot and wear sort of tight clothing and I get smegma under the head as well. Smells bad too. Help!!! I’ve had this for months.
    • Mountainsplease
      By Mountainsplease
      I have noticed that I now have chronic constipation after my primary outbreak. Scientists have found a link to it. Has anyone else had this issue? Treatments?
    • Starlord
      By Starlord
      Hi all,
      I am new here. Is there any indians here?
  • Trending Now

  • The Hive is Thriving!

    • Total Topics
      69,949
    • Total Posts
      472,398
  • Posts

    • IAmDesperate
      Yeah and the stigma hit me pretty hard since I'm originally from Asia and we don't have sex ed or STD education so the regret and self-hating are as bad as stigma. Hoping is the only way to get me out of suicidal thoughts. I know that a lot has been done and I'm glad. I just hope they continue with the hsv research instead of abandoning it cuz it's not life-threatening and I also hope that the big pharma conspiracy isn't real.
    • Dvm
    • blurneworder
      @Dvm, he says this to almost everyone.  Best ignore his bad advice 
    • Dvm
      Thx so much. However HSV can affect the trigeminal nerve/from post herpetic neuralgia and can actually cause all these symptoms. Some people, once affected can have short term symptoms,  while others have sporadic flare ups and some are permanently affected. Gabapentin for trigeminal neuralgia, prescribed by my neurologist, did help me for some time,  but I'm glad to be off it.  Hope my post helps someone w similar issues who havent gotten help from primary care Dr.
    • WilsoInAus
      @Dvm you can be assured that HSV is not the cause of these issues. As you have found, it’s likely a spinal issue and it sounds like you have found some help. Stick with that.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.