World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Kitkat2011

Pretty sure I have herpes

Kitkat2011

I'm thinking I might have genital herpes but not positive. I'm also dealing with some burns from laser hair removal treatment so I'm unsure if this is related to that or not. 

I started dating a new guy and we had sex for the first time 2 Saturday's ago, half of the time unprotected. Sex again on Monday. Laser hair removal down there on Tuesday. Pain started on Thursday and was unbearable by Saturday. Doctor thinks it's burns but when I look inside my labia, I feel like it could be herpes. It is excruciatingly painful to urinate which is why I'm thinking this. She did take some swabs so maybe she'll test for herpes?

And if my partner has herpes, I understand he could have hid that fact from me. Before him, the last time I had sex was about 4 months ago. Would it have laid dormant that long?

rsz_20170404_121641.jpg

fixme1

Youll need to make sure your doctor tests for hsv off the swab , if it was mentioned then possibly they have gone to test for that ?

usually symptoms show a few days after contracting but it can lay dormant for some, its different for everyone. you should ask your partner to get igg blood tests done, alot of people dont even know they have hsv as it is more common than people think and routine sexual health dont test for it (in the UK where im from it is so, could be different in other parts of the world)

LucyLevi

Hi Kitkat

I would contact the health provider and confirm that they did swab for HSV so you can rule it in or out. If they haven't, go back and get them swabbed. It's always best to know! 

Take care

Lucy

fitzjust1

Firstly i hope it is not herpes, it does look similar to herpes, but could also be reaction to the laser (i dont think so) or some allergy to something. We had one girl in our group who was told by two doctors it was HSV but turned out to be allergy from new soap she was using.

if it is herpes then really you dont know where you got it, could be any of your ex partners, any even if you used condom so really you are not going to find out for sure. The laser may have triggered the HSV, your bf may or may not have it, im sure he hasnt tested and no one tests and HSV is not included in normal STD tests. 

If they swabbed it they are testing it for herpes. Just need to wait for the result. Swab is very accurate. If it is positive do a blood test, if it doesnt show in blood its a new infection.

Kitkat2011

Thank you for the input everyone! I did ask my doctor if they tested the swabs for HSV. It came back negative, thankfully. Turns out I have a yeast infection showing all the same symptoms of a HSV OB. It's crazy that this happened at the same time as burns from the laser. 

I will definitely be more careful when it comes to sex. I'm so glad to have an answer now.  

fixme1
2 hours ago, Kitkat2011 said:

Thank you for the input everyone! I did ask my doctor if they tested the swabs for HSV. It came back negative, thankfully. Turns out I have a yeast infection showing all the same symptoms of a HSV OB. It's crazy that this happened at the same time as burns from the laser. 

I will definitely be more careful when it comes to sex. I'm so glad to have an answer now.  

good news, stay safe and be understanding with people who have hsv (we know there is a massive stigma out there :( )

BoatyMcBoatface

Omg I can't believe that is NOT herpes.

Please title your post with NSFW or remove the pic if you can I was not expecting to see that!