World's Largest Herpes Support Group
useless

Any Dr's on the forum who can answer questions

WilsoInAus

There aren't really (m)any doctors but people with a lot of personal experience and insights that you may even find more helpful and accurate than many doctor's answers - try us out!

useless
1 hour ago, useless said:
1 hour ago, WilsoInAus said:

someoneen't really (m)any doctors but people with a lot of personal experience and insights that you may even find more helpful and accurate than many doctor's answers - try us out!

Hi I had a question similar to to someonr el

ed to know If there Re any drs On the forum who can answer any wuestions

useless
1 hour ago, useless said:
1 hour ago, WilsoInAus said:

someoneen't really ( doctors but people with a lot of personal experience and insights that you may even find more helpful and accurate than many doctor's answers - try us out!

Hi I had a question similar to to someonr elses In regards to IF you were INfected In your foot would the virus stay around the foot or dpread To the ganGlion In your spine.

ed to know If there Re any drs On the forum who can answer any wuestions

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Teah12
      By Teah12
      https://imgur.com/a/n93G8I5 
      could I have herpes I’m 33 weeks pregnant. I have had trouble with BV and utis lately. Please help. I’m scared. The blisters have bled some but don’t hurt. 
    • thirteen1395
      By thirteen1395
      hi

i was diagnosed in 2016. contracted HSV-1 genitally from my then (now ex) boyfriend.
      im brand new to this site. been having a really hard time lately. outbreaks have been getting more frequent. rarely had them.. now currently going through the 3rd OB in 4 months. every time i think about it i’m immediately upset. it’s debilitating physically and mentally

i regret my choices that led me to this every single day. it never leaves my mind. especially when i have an active OB.

any and all suggestions for preventing OBs... foods/things to avoid.  i never had to worry about this til lately. hate being depressed all the time. it sucks a lot 

ugh
    • Learningtolivewithhsv
      By Learningtolivewithhsv
      So I have recently been diagnosed with ghsv-1. I am traveling to Mexico soon tomorrow and my outbreak hasn’t completely healed as of yet. It’s been a week since taking the medicine and about a week and a half before noticing the outbreak. Even though it’s not painful to pass urine anymore but I’ve been pooping a lot and feel like I’m getting another outbreak inside of my anus. Are there any essentials that I should pack in order to subside the pain? Whilst home I’ve been taking epsom salt baths and adding tea tree oil to my sores. 
    • Leedschick
      By Leedschick
      Hey folks. 

I posted here last week, I didn't include a picture so here it is. Also my previous post if no one saw it. Does it look like herpes to you? 
      -----
      Hey guys and girls. Anyone any advice for me? I feel at a loss. I haven't been properly diagnosed, only a visual diagnosis. On Friday night I was with my fella, we've been seeing each other for 5 months and always used a condom. Everything was fine, then Saturday I felt a little nippy down below. Sunday came and I decided to have a look down there. I was horrified at what I saw. In the entrance of my vagina was a rather large white patch,it looked like a hole, filled with white stuff. After that it got really painful to pee, very painful to walk and even sit down. I told him it looks like herpes, as I googled it. 
      So that night I took a bath, and had another look after my bath. The white stuff had gone, and honest to God all i could see was a bright red looking hole. So this morning I went to my local clinic, and had a nurse take a look. she said it does look like herpes, it could be herpes, but it may not be. She tried to take a swab but the pain was that bad that everytime she touched it you had to peal me off the ceiling so she had to give up, gave me anti viral medication and an ointment to apply and I've to go back next week. I've had my suspicions for a while now as my ex had coldsores, and after a night with him I started to feel funny down there. This was a year and a half ago. Eventually I got diagnosed with vulvodynia, which I'm now thinking it may have been herpes all along.
      I don't know what to do. Feel disgusting. My boyfriend says if we'd never break up over it, but I'm an over thinker and I'm thinking the worst. I only done 2 things different last week, I used a hair removal cream, and used a different condom to the ones we had been using. Racking my brain trying to think of what else it could be, but honestly I do believe it's genital herpes and I'm gutted. It's the worse physical pain I've ever been in, peeing is the worst. 

• Boom
      By Boom
      Does anybody have any suggestions on how you deal with pain at work or when you are out? I have hsv2 I am in the beginning of a break out this one is bad. I can’t really afford to call in so if anybody has any tips I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks. 
  • Trending Now

• The Hive is Thriving!

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • blurneworder
      @Dvm, he says this to almost everyone.  Best ignore his bad advice 
    • Dvm
      Thx so much. However HSV can affect the trigeminal nerve/from post herpetic neuralgia and can actually cause all these symptoms. Some people, once affected can have short term symptoms,  while others have sporadic flare ups and some are permanently affected. Gabapentin for trigeminal neuralgia, prescribed by my neurologist, did help me for some time,  but I'm glad to be off it.  Hope my post helps someone w similar issues who havent gotten help from primary care Dr.
    • WilsoInAus
      @Dvm you can be assured that HSV is not the cause of these issues. As you have found, it’s likely a spinal issue and it sounds like you have found some help. Stick with that.
    • Dvm
      Yes!! See my post about struggling w HSV 1 for 2 yrs. I just signed up today and told my story. Brain fog, pain on r side of face, dizziness,  vertigo, numbness. Hsv1 lives in trigeminal nerve and can cause all these issues w flare ups. Good luck, and your not alone.
    • Dvm
      I'm new to this page. Looking to hear stories of others w my issues & hope to find support. I hv had cold sores all my life. But 2 yrs ago I had a flare w 1 on my lip & 1 in ea nostril.  Then the pain on my right side of the face started, along w numbness,  dizzy, balance issues and a weird eye twitch and sensation. After countless Dr appts and misdiagnoses, research led me to find that the herpes lives in the face in the ganglion root & when it flares can cause all my symptoms and it happened to permanently damage my trigeminal nerve. After going to numerous Dr, neurologist,  having MRI etc. My diagnosis was confirmed and although I dont like to take meds, I started on Gabapentin.  2 yrs I suffered and was miserable,  near suicidal and hopeless,  but I kept trying Drs and a friend had me tried an osteopath.  Who started doing small manipulation on my scalp and neck, within a few days I progression of me feeling better started. Within a month I was off the meds and feeling amazing, I also found a new massage therapist that I worked w and that helped along w an accupuncturist.Then after a few months a trigger of cbd w menthol set me off for about a week then felt great again & then the accupuncture gal used tiger balm (w menthol) and that set me off.  Good again and then yesterday some stress caused a flare of about 6 mouth sores on my roof of my mouth, woke up to massive vertigo.  Started valtrex and talked to my Dr about just staying on Valtrex daily. I found this page & hope to hear others experiences & maybe mine can shed light on yours. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.