Self-esteem

CasperTheGhost

CasperTheGhost

Hello. Just signed up today because I didn't know where else to turn, so here goes nothing. I had my first sexual partner in almost over a year a couple weeks ago and we irresponsibly had unprotected penetration. On Saturday morning I noticed something was wrong and began searching online for an answer. After some searching, I figured it was a yeast infection and treated it accordingly. It only took a day or two for me to come to terms with the fact that it wasn't a yeast infection but something worse and the Internet agreed with me.

I have not officially been diagnosed but I'm not fooling myself here and have an appointment to confirm what I already know on Tuesday. I'm in quite a bit of pain but I'm sticking it out and doing home remedies to help speed up the healing of what I can only call my first OB.... I've told my partner who I clearly contracted it from and one close friend who is being supportive. But I can't help but feel disgusting and unattractive which I'm not used to because I am normally a very self assured and confident person. 

I'm just looking for someone with a similar experience. I'm 18 and feel like my life has come to a grinding halt.

Edited by CasperTheGhost
Misspelling
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, CasperTheGhost said:

Hello. Just signed up today because I didn't know where else to turn, so here goes nothing. I had my first sexual partner in almost over a year a couple weeks ago and we irresponsibly had unprotected penetration. On Saturday morning I noticed something was wrong and began searching online for an answer. After some searching, I figured it was a yeast infection and treated it accordingly. It only took a day or two for me to come to terms with the fact that it wasn't a yeast infection but something worse and the Internet agreed with me.

I have not officially been diagnosed but I'm not fooling myself here and have an appointment to confirm what I already know on Tuesday. I'm in quite a bit of pain but I'm sticking it out and doing home remedies to help speed up the healing of what I can only call my first OB.... I've told my partner who I clearly contracted it from and one close friend who is being supportive. But I can't help but feel disgusting and unattractive which I'm not used to because I am normally a very self assured and confident person. 

I'm just looking for someone with a similar experience. I'm 18 and feel like my life has come to a grinding halt.

Hey Casper! So a few things here. I'm so sorry you're dealing with this so young but you have come to a great place to get some answers/support! Try not to diagnose yourself! What is your outbreak like? 

And you say you told your partner that you clearly got it from... well H is very tricky, it can be dormant for a very long time! Sometimes sex triggers outbreaks and it's possible you've had mild outbreaks before but mistaken them for something else. My OB's are just yeast like symptoms. But if you can I would go get the lesions swabbed asap and an igg blood test. If the swabs come back positive and the igg negative it's safe to say it's a new infection bc your body takes a while to build up antibodies. 

But the lesions may be healed by Tuesday...your call.

I know it can be very scary! Trust me! But  you're not sure what your diagnosis is just yet!

& even if you do have it your life is far from over! Keep your head up! It's all going to be okay!

CasperTheGhost
4 minutes ago, Whyyyyy said:

Hey Casper! So a few things here. I'm so sorry you're dealing with this so young but you have come to a great place to get some answers/support! Try not to diagnose yourself! What is your outbreak like? 

And you say you told your partner that you clearly got it from... well H is very tricky, it can be dormant for a very long time! Sometimes sex triggers outbreaks and it's possible you've had mild outbreaks before but mistaken them for something else. My OB's are just yeast like symptoms. But if you can I would go get the lesions swabbed asap and an igg blood test. If the swabs come back positive and the igg negative it's safe to say it's a new infection bc your body takes a while to build up antibodies. 

But the lesions may be healed by Tuesday...your call.

I know it can be very scary! Trust me! But  you're not sure what your diagnosis is just yet!

& even if you do have it your life is far from over! Keep your head up! It's all going to be okay!

Thanks for the input! I doubt they will be healed, by the looks of it I'm in for a couple rough weeks and I've never had an outbreak of any kind down there until now! I looked at several pictures and read several articles and the breakouts are as pictured and described, swollen, itchy, painful, and disgustingly puss covered. I think my fate is pretty sealed on what it is. My partner although upset did not seem surprised when I told him and I think he knew which is why I say I'm sure I contracted it from him. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

Entiendo como se siente nosotros sabemos cuándo algo anda mal en nuestro cuerpo, realice exámenes de sangre igg y si tiene lesiones hacer un cultivó, lo siento por su corta edad, aunque se use preservativo existe riesgo de contagio

I understand how it feels we know when something is wrong in our body, do igg blood tests and if you have lesions make a cultivated, sorry for their young age, even if you use condoms there is a risk of contagion

No va ser nada fácil va pasar por muchas experiencias, aún que muchas personas de este foro se empeñan en decir que la mayoría de la gente ya tenía este virus y sólo fue una coincidencia usted tiene su pareja  va tener muchos cambios en su vida pero animo

It will not be easy to go through many experiences, even though many people in this forum are bent on saying that most people already had this virus and it was only a coincidence you have your partner going to have many changes in your life but I encourage

CasperTheGhost
10 minutes ago, Atrapasueños said:

No va ser nada fácil va pasar por muchas experiencias, aún que muchas personas de este foro se empeñan en decir que la mayoría de la gente ya tenía este virus y sólo fue una coincidencia usted tiene su pareja  va tener muchos cambios en su vida pero animo

It will not be easy to go through many experiences, even though many people in this forum are bent on saying that most people already had this virus and it was only a coincidence you have your partner going to have many changes in your life but I encourage

I can barely look my partner in the face because I feel that he knew beforehand. I recall the pause when I asked him if he was sure he was clean before we had sex and he said yes. Although it's not all his fault because I should have pushed wearing a condom at the least. Your positive words are nice to hear!

Dices que no se sorprendió al decirle que te sucedía es por que ya lo sabía pero no adelantemos los hechos mejor realizaste un análisis de sangre IgG para hsv-1 y hsv-2 

@CasperTheGhost

You say you were not surprised to tell you what happened to you because you already knew it but did not forge ahead the best you did an IgG blood test for hsv-1 and hsv-2

It is possible that he did not know he had it some people have it and have no symptoms but he should also go and get tested as well and prove if he thinks he is negative.  But I would really encourage you to get this blisters swapped sooner because otherwise they may come back with a false negative and that's not what you want

CasperTheGhost
9 minutes ago, Lisajd said:

It is possible that he did not know he had it some people have it and have no symptoms but he should also go and get tested as well and prove if he thinks he is negative.  But I would really encourage you to get this blisters swapped sooner because otherwise they may come back with a false negative and that's not what you want

Can I go to just any walk in clinic for that?

aliceinwonderland

Our stories have a lot of similarities. I was just diagnosed last month (at a walk-in clinic, so yes...you should be able to go to any walk-in clinic, .)  Planned parenthood couldn't get me in quick enough, so I chose the walk-in clinic because I wanted them to be able to test the sore before it healed up. 

I also believe the person who gave it to me knew beforehand (he said he didnt, recently got tested--postive--but just that gut feeling/reaction to the question leads me to believe he had known all along), and I have been resentful of that, while also accepting my own responsibility in the matter..  I went through every emotion you could imagine, and felt like my life was over/no one would ever date me again/etc. This is a good site...It's really helped me a lot to gain all the information I need, and come to terms with it. 

In fact, thanks to the help of other people, I told someone about my HSV2 that I recently starting dating, whom I believe does not have it, and he was surprisingly cool about it--which seems to be the normal reaction of people, according to this site.

Find out for sure if you have it or not, but know that as cheesy as it always sounds "it gets better."

• Like 3
CasperTheGhost
8 minutes ago, aliceinwonderland said:

Our stories have a lot of similarities. I was just diagnosed last month (at a walk-in clinic, so yes...you should be able to go to any walk-in clinic, .)  Planned parenthood couldn't get me in quick enough, so I chose the walk-in clinic because I wanted them to be able to test the sore before it healed up. 

I also believe the person who gave it to me knew beforehand (he said he didnt, recently got tested--postive--but just that gut feeling/reaction to the question leads me to believe he had known all along), and I have been resentful of that, while also accepting my own responsibility in the matter..  I went through every emotion you could imagine, and felt like my life was over/no one would ever date me again/etc. This is a good site...It's really helped me a lot to gain all the information I need, and come to terms with it. 

In fact, thanks to the help of other people, I told someone about my HSV2 that I recently starting dating, whom I believe does not have it, and he was surprisingly cool about it--which seems to be the normal reaction of people, according to this site.

Find out for sure if you have it or not, but know that as cheesy as it always sounds "it gets better."

Those has been the most uplifting and relatable response so far! Thank you so much!

• Like 1
aliceinwonderland
1 minute ago, CasperTheGhost said:

Those has been the most uplifting and relatable response so far! Thank you so much!

I'm glad to help. I was in your exact same shoes just over a month ago. I'm happy to talk privately here if you need someone to talk to. I don't know all the answers, but I can do my best to pass on what I know so far, and be a listening ear if you need it. 

aliceinwonderland
Just now, Whyyyyy said:

I'm just a month in too! And my my disclosure to my partner was a piece of cake as well! I was terrified though...

Lol

Yep, I was terrified, too. I was certain he would just have this crazy reaction and I would be mortified and humiliated...but he was so chill about it. It really gave me the hope I needed to realize this isn't a death sentence., so to speak. 

justanothersufferer
5 hours ago, CasperTheGhost said:

Can I go to just any walk in clinic for that?

I'm in Canada, and yes any walk in clinic can take a swab to get sent to a lab for testing. Thats how I got to find out I was HSV2 positive. 

• Like 1

I'm in a similar situation as you. I'm 19 and got this from my second sexual partner. He knew he had it, but lied, and had the nerve to take the condom off. I couldn't believe he did that. I've been angry and depressed for months now. Some days I'm fine and then others, I can't stop crying.

It sucks that we have to go through this, but I'm sure things will get better for us.

It's very hard. And yes I have spoken to him; he denied it completely even though I told him the only other person I was with doesn't have it. He's not worried about me. He has a girlfriend now so he could care less about how I feel.

1 minute ago, Whyyyyy said:

Do you know what type you have? Bc if it's genital hsv1 you could've gotten it from oral sex from someone who gets cold sores. 

Nope I have hsv-2

Oh okay! I'm so sorry, I'm a month post diagnosis and I'm struggling as well, not so much physically but mentally. I'm angry at myself for not being educated on HSV before. Condoms don't even protect you 100% since it's skin to skin contact. I hope you and I both find some peace soon! 

Stay strong and you will go over it and pass this hard time. Anyways something is coming for all us cure, functional cure better treatment I don't know excatly but believe me once you turn 20 the HSV treatment will be our there. And you are still the same person some lose the confidence 

2 minutes ago, Mackie82 said:

Stay strong and you will go over it and pass this hard time. Anyways something is coming for all us cure, functional cure better treatment I don't know excatly but believe me once you turn 20 the HSV treatment will be our there. And you are still the same person some lose the confidence 

I sure hope you're right Mackie!!!