World's Largest Herpes Support Group
Sign in to follow this  
PleaseHelp24

Help! Do these look like HSV? (photos)

Nick t
1 minute ago, Lisajd said:

I have only heard Terry Warren talk about nerve pain behind the for HSV 2.  Your pain could be related to back pain. It is not good to self diagnose and if you don't have blisters at this point in time you cannot get them swapped and you would need to wait 3 months to have a blood test from possible infection so I suggest you actually look for other reasons what it could be or wait until 3 months and get a blood test.

Normally people would have nerve related pain and an outbreak which you are not actually having

Sorry if you didn't understand from my writing! Everything feels ok now! I've just stated that I've had that nerve thing during the outbreak. Then after a good 4 weeks it went away.

First I had redness, then burning, then itching, then the blisters and all of them together & then needle type of pain in my penis like out of no where, from time to time, flu-like symptoms, then the nerve pain in my thigh. After I took the medicine most of it went away except the nerve pain which lasted a bit longer &o the fly like symptoms as well. Everything felt better after a good month although I had reoccurrences of the blisters around end of march, around the time I was starting to feel better. reoccurrences is also a strong indicator of herpes from what I read? 

My doctor diagnosed me with herpes when I had the outbreak initially. 

I'm only self diagnosing based on what other people had as well, related to herpes. I already feel better I just had all the symptoms most people have at first. No text book but pretty close. 

It hasn't passed full 3 months so I can't get tested now. But eventually I will , thanks 

Whyyyyy
5 minutes ago, Nick t said:

Sorry if you didn't understand from my writing! Everything feels ok now! I've just stated that I've had that nerve thing during the outbreak. Then after a good 4 weeks it went away.

First I had redness, then burning, then itching, then the blisters and all of them together & then needle type of pain in my penis like out of no where, from time to time, flu-like symptoms, then the nerve pain in my thigh. After I took the medicine most of it went away except the nerve pain which lasted a bit longer &o the fly like symptoms as well. Everything felt better after a good month although I had reoccurrences of the blisters around end of march, around the time I was starting to feel better. reoccurrences is also a strong indicator of herpes from what I read? 

My doctor diagnosed me with herpes when I had the outbreak initially. 

I'm only self diagnosing based on what other people had as well, related to herpes. I already feel better I just had all the symptoms most people have at first. No text book but pretty close. 

It hasn't passed full 3 months so I can't get tested now. But eventually I will , thanks 

May I add that your attitude about all of this seems pretty good so far! Keep your positive outlook! 

PleaseHelp24
5 hours ago, Nick t said:

I'll continue to be on this forum until you finally have an answer. I'll try and get tested too. I'm very curios, want to help you and myself. I've had your exact symptoms too, so here we are, both guys who don't know EXACTLy they have :D I've been like this for almost 3 months. I've gotten better down there but becayse I've been so stressed and paranoid, I've gotten my stomach sick. I'm starting to juice in order to heal it because it's given me only headaches. 

Im glad I found you man. You aren't alone. If you want we can exchange numbers in private and we can talk or Facebook.  @PleaseHelp24

Thanks @Nick t. Appreciate your and others trying to help. Ill keep you posted on what I learn; please do the same.

I did some heavy drinking last weekend, and this week some similar rash-like symptoms reappeared on penis and scrotum. Seems pretty telling to me. But nothing I hadnt seen and shown to clinicians before, and nothing to swab, so I didnt try.

Im gonna try to have the later partner tested. And will probably do some more antibody testing myself, having officially reached 6 months. (Tho Im unfortunately now thinking those may be a waste of time.) 

Ill share what I learn. Again - appreciate everyone's contributions. And will appreciate anyone else willing to share their thoughts.

Nick t
1 hour ago, PleaseHelp24 said:

Thanks @Nick t. Appreciate your and others trying to help. Ill keep you posted on what I learn; please do the same.

I did some heavy drinking last weekend, and this week some similar rash-like symptoms reappeared on penis and scrotum. Seems pretty telling to me. But nothing I hadnt seen and shown to clinicians before, and nothing to swab, so I didnt try.

Im gonna try to have the later partner tested. And will probably do some more antibody testing myself, having officially reached 6 months. (Tho Im unfortunately now thinking those may be a waste of time.) 

Ill share what I learn. Again - appreciate everyone's contributions. And will appreciate anyone else willing to share their thoughts.

Reoccurring symptoms is def a sign of herpes from what I've heard. I've had reoccurnces as well, from smoking some weed. Not as bad(which is how it usually is). 

Joe1976

I do think its great that nick has positive attitude but i dislike trying to give others diagnosis of some sort that way when all evidence is showing negative hsv-2 status. WB is 99+% accurate for hsv-2. I personally think that red dots on your glans do not look like it and are too wide spread to be anyhow visually diagnosed as it, looks like balantis or fungus or just simple spots. Any spot in your body you will mess up enough will create ulcer and can weep clear fluid if you keep squeezing. Your doctors are not trying to avoid saying that it is hsv as simply in this case scenario it is so unlikely with testing and symptoms you have been having. I know this is not going to help you a bit but you really need to relax and trust your results as you already have oral hsv-1 it is not worth stressing about. For now you have done absolutely all you could have done to sort out what this problem was and should not feel unclear about positive outcome of your test results stating it is not HSV-2.

Meanwhile if these spots will bother you again go be seen and tell you really need diagnosis what they are as it is affecting your life quality and tell it NEEDS to be sorted out to have conclusion. You are clearly smart and caring others as you did what 99% of people would have not.

Nick t
11 hours ago, Joe1976 said:

I do think its great that nick has positive attitude but i dislike trying to give others diagnosis of some sort that way when all evidence is showing negative hsv-2 status. WB is 99+% accurate for hsv-2. I personally think that red dots on your glans do not look like it and are too wide spread to be anyhow visually diagnosed as it, looks like balantis or fungus or just simple spots. Any spot in your body you will mess up enough will create ulcer and can weep clear fluid if you keep squeezing. Your doctors are not trying to avoid saying that it is hsv as simply in this case scenario it is so unlikely with testing and symptoms you have been having. I know this is not going to help you a bit but you really need to relax and trust your results as you already have oral hsv-1 it is not worth stressing about. For now you have done absolutely all you could have done to sort out what this problem was and should not feel unclear about positive outcome of your test results stating it is not HSV-2.

Meanwhile if these spots will bother you again go be seen and tell you really need diagnosis what they are as it is affecting your life quality and tell it NEEDS to be sorted out to have conclusion. You are clearly smart and caring others as you did what 99% of people would have not.

:o so are you saying there's a chance I , myself, don't have herpes as well? I've had the same red dots spread all over and my doctor also gave me some type of cream. He made the diagnosis of herpes by visualizing it but also said it could be an irritation/small infection, and I used the cream for about 2 weeks. I did see improvement in about 5 days though, after about 2 weeks my penis looked normal and nothing ever since, except it's dry sometimes(which my doctor also said it's normal, it shouldn't be wet nor super dry.) 

now the more I think about it the more it makes sense, because I took herpes antibiotics for 7 days, maybe that's why I messed up my stomach + the stress? I read that vyclor meds for herpes def cause stomach problems along with headaches and what not. 

thanks for replying , more insights def help. I feel way better now actually!

Joe1976

Nick hsv-2 positive female % at your age is pretty low and its unsafe for medical professionals to guess its either this or that. Take igg blood test at 12-16 weeks and go with it. If you develop symptoms ever again be seen and demand proper testing what ever it is. 

Nick t
3 hours ago, Joe1976 said:

Nick hsv-2 positive female % at your age is pretty low and its unsafe for medical professionals to guess its either this or that. Take igg blood test at 12-16 weeks and go with it. If you develop symptoms ever again be seen and demand proper testing what ever it is. 

Even if the girl had sex with like 5 guys before me? Herpes is very common so I wouldn't rule it out. But I'll def get tested

& it could be hsv1. She had a cold & sore throat when she gave me oral. So anything is possible :) 

Nick t

& he didn't guess, first thing he said it's herpes BUT he can't be certain. Therefore the comment followed, saying I prescribed you a cream , in case it is not herpes. He seemed pretty convinced. He's a good friend of mine and I've seen him after that a bunch of times, not specifically to check me out, just friendly meetings and he explained to me all about it. 

PleaseHelp24

Hey everyone, so as I mentioned I had my later partner get an IGG blood test, and lo and behold it came back negative for HSV2. (and HSV1+, like me)

The odds of one of us not producing antibodies is small, but possible. But the odds of both wouldnt seems extremely unlikely. And honestly I think I based a fair amount of my self-diagnosis on the symptoms I was projecting onto this other person.

So that pretty much rules out HSV2. This leaves the possibility, maybe, that it could be GSHV1. But the person from whom I thought I got this claimed to be both HSV1 and HSV2 negative. (I didnt believe them re HSV2, but now I do, so maybe I should believe them about HSV1, too.) Further, the experts Ive engaged on the topic feel very strongly that my pre-existing OHSV1 would protect against GHSV1 acquisition...

This leads me to the conclusion that I dont really have herpes. 12 doctors and 13 tests have been telling me the same thing for 6 months. im gonna trt to believe them.

Nick t
1 hour ago, PleaseHelp24 said:

Hey everyone, so as I mentioned I had my later partner get an IGG blood test, and lo and behold it came back negative for HSV2. (and HSV1+, like me)

The odds of one of us not producing antibodies is small, but possible. But the odds of both wouldnt seems extremely unlikely. And honestly I think I based a fair amount of my self-diagnosis on the symptoms I was projecting onto this other person.

So that pretty much rules out HSV2. This leaves the possibility, maybe, that it could be GSHV1. But the person from whom I thought I got this claimed to be both HSV1 and HSV2 negative. (I didnt believe them re HSV2, but now I do, so maybe I should believe them about HSV1, too.) Further, the experts Ive engaged on the topic feel very strongly that my pre-existing OHSV1 would protect against GHSV1 acquisition...

This leads me to the conclusion that I dont really have herpes. 12 doctors and 13 tests have been telling me the same thing for 6 months. im gonna trt to believe them.

Very strange. Thanks for letting us know. Have you been tested for other STDs such as hep? What STDs have you been tested for ? 

Nick t

I'd very much like to know what it is as well since I've had pretty much exact symptoms. Also I'm having the "hemorrhoid"-type problem too around my anus. Just pretty much itchy , not all the time, usually after I go to bathroom and usually if I do touch it or scratch etc. 

whatisit2018

Hi there. Did you ever get a fuller diagnosis?

Although I don't have identical symptoms to you, there are some similarities - especially with the spotting on the penis (it comes and goes).

I'm awaiting a dermatologist referral. Lots of signs point to Zoon's Balanitis or possibly genital psoriasis. Also something for you to investigate, perhaps? You may have more than one thing going on at once, with one aggravating the other. 

I'm no medical professional. All I know is how miserable it feels to have no conclusive results.

Hope you've found the relevant medication and help. 

whatisit2018
On 19/05/2017 at 2:28 PM, Nick t said:

I'd very much like to know what it is as well since I've had pretty much exact symptoms. Also I'm having the "hemorrhoid"-type problem too around my anus. Just pretty much itchy , not all the time, usually after I go to bathroom and usually if I do touch it or scratch etc. 

Sounds similar to me. I've been getting fissures and bleeding, plus some rubbing-like rashing around my inner groin. 

It could be psoriasis or another immuno-deficient disorder. Something to consider. 

Hope you can find a solution and let us know about it! I want the magic ticket too. :)

Jack_2015

@Nick t   @PleaseHelp24

I have the same problem, I got tested positive for hsv1 and 2 and doctors tell me the lesions do not look like Herpes, it must be something else but no one can tell me what it is. 

Either they have no idea about Herpes or there is really some other thing (skin condition, fungal infection, etc) 

Would be cool if you update us here. 

Quest

I don't think I would go with hsv I or II 

It is important to note that there are over 20ish things that can happen. If I had to only guess it would be Balantis http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/conditions/sexual-health/a12010/spots-on-the-penis/ 

Same red spots on penis. https://patient.info/forums/discuss/red-spots-on-penis-head-599754

PeaceNeeded

Very interesting. Almost like my situation after oral unprotected, specially the spots. In my case after the "redness" of the spots, I think the spots are still there only less pronounced and glans skin coloured. Got tested (positive IGM 1-2, need to wait two weeks more for the reliable IGG), no dermatologist told me that could be herpes though (they didn't have alternative besides "maybe irritation"). Saturday will do few tests including a swab (even if glans is now "normal" I can see those tiny bumps though). 

Scooby2112

Definitely not typical herpes.  Could also be a Balantis or mites/lice/scabies, 

Psoriasis. Dermatitis.  Many possible causes.  Definitely worth getting checked out.  Those that test negative via blood are exceptions.  And most test positive via swab or western blot.  

Joel Jameson

Is it painful? Although you already have HSV1 on your lips, that looks like it could possibly be seborrihec dermatitis which is a skin condition that causes dry itchy flakey pustules generally around your mouth, nose, scalp, and it can also appear on genitals. Which makes me wonder if that could possibly be your problem. Or it also looks like it could be balantis. I know that every person presents HSV differently but I'd try and rule out any of those other skin conditions before you assume the worst. Your best bet is to see a urologist or dermatologist. Good luck! 

HopeItsNotHerpes

Hi. I was wondering if you found anything out from this? 
I have similar spots on my penis. Over 2 weeks ago i got oral sex from one with HSV1, without knowing. 8 days later i tested me for Herpes after i got a warning about her having a breakout. It came back negative. I only had a two small spots looking like the start of smal blissters. But when i was at the doctor i got Valtrex, and using it since. (1 week ago). Since this small spots havent removed yet and red rash looking have appeared i still am not sure. The rash looks like the pictures in this topic are showing. Is it possible I only got HSV-1, and is it just as easy too infect someone with it? 
Some of the symptoms im carry is only a small itch between penis and balls, and a little sting when i pee. besides from that, theese pictures in this topic is what my penis looks like atm. Did not take any blood test. Got a growing sample from the too spots that i got aware of.